Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,681 to 12,700 of 12,704

EdwardElric

I just recently finished Toradora.

FMA is the best anime ever made. Don't @ me especially if you like SAO more.

RR529

It hasn't been confirmed yet, but it's looking like InuYasha's English voice cast won't be returning for YashaHime, which is a big shame.

The voice actors for Moroha, Setsuna, & Towa (the new protags) have been revealed, and they're all Los Angeles based (people are speculating that Bang Zoom is going to be the VO studio based on who has been chosen), while the original series (and voice actors) was recorded in Vancouver, at Ocean (which hasn't done much/any anime work in the past decade as North American distributors have pulled most anime VO work out of Canada for whatever reason). While this doesn't completely rule out the chance that they may find a way for a couple of the most prominent voice actors to return (let's say, InuYasha, Kagome, & Sesshomaru's VAs), apparently Bang Zoom has the worst track record for retaining old VA's for series they acquire VO work for.

It's been 10 years since the last series so some recasting was going to be inevitable, but after nearly 200 episodes & 4 movies it's going to be hard getting used to a new cast.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Blooper987

Just finished Danganronpa the animation. It’s officially the first non-Nintendo anime I’ve ever watched and I loved every second of it. Characters are amazing! The voice acting was great the whole way through! Amazing story that never slowed down! Highly recommend it for anyone who likes anime or video games! You will not regret it!!!

#Kyokobestgirl

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Heavyarms55

So Tonikaku Kawaii came out of nowhere for me. I thought it would be so dumb when I read the summary and... I seriously think it's my favorite anime of the season by a serious margin. Maybe it's partly because I don't usually watch shows like this, but there's something overwhelmingly refreshing about a show where good things are happening consistently. It's happy and the characters are just likable. Things are so gosh darn wholesome and cute I actually blush half the time. lol

Oh, and it's got a fantastic opening song too.

Watching a bunch of other anime this season too. But "Is it Wrong to pick up Girls in a Dungeon" Season 3, Noblesse and Fire Force season 2 are all pretty decent.

Although in the last couple episodes Fire Force has started to piss me off. It's had a lot of fan service already, but the last few episodes have really pushed the line. I hate to drop the "s" word but... It's really been sexist. Like really bad. The only women in the show who aren't evil or actually insane... one the forced to become a secretary and the other one they literally strip in almost every scene, even when it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I'm very mixed on Fire Force right now. Sometimes it has killer animation, fascinating world building, good music and interesting story elements. Other times it crude and sexist and their jokes fall flat.

It's not like the show doesn't have strong women with powers too, they're all just evil or actually, like full blown "should be institutionalized" insane.

I want to say more about Tonikaku Kawaii, but it's a really hard show to talk about without just telling the story itself. But I really like it and anyone not watching it is missing out.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Link-Hero

@Heavyarms55
If you want a good wholesome show, I highly recommend That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime if you haven't seen it already. Another one that I like is Dr. Stone.

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Heavyarms55

@Link-Hero You underestimate me. Watched both of those shows. Though idk if wholesome is the word I would use for them. Both great shows though.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

kkslider5552000

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I'm very mixed on Fire Force right now. Sometimes it has killer animation, fascinating world building, good music and interesting story elements. Other times it crude and sexist and their jokes fall flat.

As a Soul Eater fan, I found it to be a massive disappointment tbh. I genuinely don't know what happened between those series, but something clearly went horribly wrong, because its like he forgot half of the things he was good at it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Ralizah

@Blooper987 Unsure what you've seen/played at this point, but I just wanted to caution you about the Danganronpa 3 anime. You'll want to have played Danganronpa 2 AND Ultra Despair Girls (or watched LPs of them, I guess) before watching DR3. It's an anime-only sequel that brings the Hope's Peak Academy arc to a close, and it won't make a ton of sense if you haven't experienced the three games released before it.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Switch Lite: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Blooper987

@Ralizah okay thanks. I’ve seen a lot of DR2 gameplay and know most of the twists and story beats but I know almost nothing about Ultra Despair Girls except for the main characters. I’m hoping they all come to switch soon so I can experience the games myself. I watched the whole first game through a let’s play and I started watching a full let’s play of DR2 this weekend. I can already tell I like Gundham, Sonia, and Chiaki the most!

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Ralizah

@Blooper987 Considering the games have been ported to PS4, PC, and mobile, it's very weird that Switch versions are still MiA. But Spike Chunsoft did the same thing with The Nonary Games collection: Vita, PS4, PC... but no Switch. But they released 999 as a DS exclusive, launched VLR and ZTD on both handhelds at the same time, and released AI: The Somnium Files on Switch day one. Very weird.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Switch Lite: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Link-Hero

@Heavyarms55
It's good to hear that you've seen both series, but you didn't find them wholesome? I personally did. They had several positive feel-good moments in them that helped me raise my spirit.

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Vinny

I've been watching Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, which is based off many of Jules Verne's works with an anime twist.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

kkslider5552000

Vinny wrote:

I've been watching Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, which is based off many of Jules Verne's works with an anime twist.

heck yeah, good choice. That's a great anime more people should watch.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Andrew_R_2000

So, I recently started watching anime.... and my first one is DxD.
Don't judge me for that decision!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Andrew_R_2000

@Link-Hero BECAUSE I CAN.

Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Diddy64

Pardon my curiosity, but what's wrong with DxD? I don't known about a lot of animes.

Undergoing games:
Zelda BotW (playing it)
Fire Emblem Awakening (playing it)
Octopath Traveler (on hiatus)
Hyrule Warriors DE (on hiatus)
Zelda Phantom Hourglass (on hiatus)

jump

@Diddy64 It's a very standard anime but become popular because of it's "fan service". By "fan service" I mean it has lots of boobies and panties shots.

Not to be snobby but if DxD was the first anime I watched I probably would have given up on it as it's all the bad clichés I dislike about it but with very little of the things I do like about anime.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Andrew_R_2000

@jump That is totally fine by me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just remember that some people are totally fine with fan-service.

As the great Freddie Mercury said, fat bottom girls make the rockin' world go 'round.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic