Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2019 Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 575

Bolt_Strike

Good E3. Not amazing, but definitely one of the better ones in recent years. Luigi's Mansion looks good, I like how they're fleshing out the gameplay and especially the Poltergust's abilities. Link's Awakening surprised me with the dungeon maker, I wasn't as interested in it before but now I'm getting it for sure. BotW2 is a nice surprise, even if it's not that unexpected. Banjo in Smash is a nice inclusion, and the first DLC character I actually like. And I've been waiting for Spyro Reignited forever, glad to finally see it confirmed. I would've liked a few more surprises, but I wasn't really disappointed all that much with this Direct. I'll give this E3 a B.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Hope Panzer Dragoon remake launches in December. Would be a perfect month for that to release as that month is completely empty.

Like seriously, there's literally NOTHING announced for December on any of the platforms that I can think of

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kkslider5552000

There's a very simple reason why this was good. It's because the entire presentation was game, game, game, game, game, game, game, gamegamegame. No stupid talking for 5 minutes with details you can find elsewhere (and that the only people who care will find elsewhere), no pretending anyone who watches this cares about mobile games, the only focus on extra content for a released game was for a highly rated fighter that sold like a billion copies. Most people got what they wanted in one way or another, most of it looks decent to high quality.

Right now I'd say 8/10. Best E3 Direct since 2014, only let down by story trailers that made Fire Emblem (and to some extent Astral Chain) look like subpar anime stories instead of good video games, and the big surprise being a tiny teaser trailer for a game we all knew was happening anyway (ironic that it ripped off how Ubisoft ended their conference :VVVVV). Otherwise, it was pretty great.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryu_Niiyama

I am going to be so broke this year.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

Astral Chain in the Treehouse right now. Looking like an interesting game with unique mechanics.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Dezzy

This isn't the Panzer Dragoon game that's an RPG is it?
It's the rail shooter one, yes?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CanisWolfred

I managed to catch the tail end of the Daemon X Machina treehouse gameplay, it still looks pretty good. Seems like it'll be pretty intense, what with all the dodging, meter management, and fast-moving enemies with big attacks.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@Dezzy Yes. It's apparently a remake of Panzer Dragoon, as opposed to Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CanisWolfred

I thought it was a new Panzer Dragoon all together until I saw the headlines. As long as it has decent controls and doesn't look like @$$, I'll probably get it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ThanosReXXX

This just got stealth-dropped in the last Treehouse segment of today. I can't remember having seen it in the Direct, so I figured I'd post it here for all to see:

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Buizel

kkslider5552000 wrote:

There's a very simple reason why this was good. It's because the entire presentation was game, game, game, game, game, game, game, gamegamegame. No stupid talking for 5 minutes with details you can find elsewhere (and that the only people who care will find elsewhere), no pretending anyone who watches this cares about mobile games, the only focus on extra content for a released game was for a highly rated fighter that sold like a billion copies. Most people got what they wanted in one way or another, most of it looks decent to high quality.

Pretty much everything was gameplay-heavy as well! Makes a nice difference to all the cinematic stuff we've been seeing in the other conferences.

At least 2'8".

CanisWolfred

That's a good point, aside from No More Heroes III and Breath of the Wild 2, they either showed off gameplay in every trailer, or they at least marked which games will have gameplay shown soon and didn't waste a ton of time on them. It was essentially the opposite of Microsoft or Ubisoft's conference.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GrailUK

@Buizel It's not just showing gameplay. They talk about it too. They show off the game's mechanics and talk about gameplay mechanisms that really highlight a game designer's creativity. Ubisoft snorted too much cocaine this year. How can that pretentious bloke stand on stage telling us gaming unites, makes us happy and enriches our lives yada yada yada after 50 minutes of profanity, conflict, guns guns and more guns. He needs to check himself in and get grounded.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

-Green-

Really enjoyed Nintendo’s Direct. It basically encapsulated what I enjoy about E3 the most. It was quick, didn’t overstay it’s welcome but also full of info, variety and wholesome/personal. It was endearing. Felt like that was largely missing from many of the bigger presentations.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

TheAwesomeBowser

Honestly, that was pretty nice. Got quite a few on my bingo and that Banjo reveal just blew my mind. Spyro's finally coming, BOTW 2 is in development which I'm sure a lot of people will be excited for, Animal Crossing just looks great, Witcher 3 is coming, Luigi's Mansion 3 looks to be the best yet (though still no release day) and overall it was just a pretty sweet conference. Hell, I'd even go so far as to say that they won.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Tyranexx

I was quite pleased with the Direct. It started off a tad slow, but the pacing picked up for me before long. That last surprise at the end ensured that the Direct ended with a bang!

I don't know about anyone else, but I think my wallet will be empty come the end of September....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

redd214

Direct was awesome m, watching some of the tree house segments now. Links Awakening looks damn near perfect! Everything about it has me giddy and BOTW 2 was such a wonderful surprise. Really a great way to cap off all the conferences. While this E3 overall was lacking a lot of punch as we await the next gen boxes, I still added about a dozen games to my buy list so not as dire as many think at least imo.

redd214

Anti-Matter

On what time there will be another Treehouse event again?

Anti-Matter

Bucky

Anybody else inspired to play BOTW again after the presentation?

Bucky

Sorry, this topic has been locked.