Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2019 Thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 575

Diddy64

Few words: I'm happy ☺

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

TuVictus

Very pleased with Nintendo. Even though I personally hope that BOTW sequel is more like traditional Zeldas (no, I don't count the first game as traditional), I'm still excited to see them working on another main Zelda so quickly. Makes sense since they probably spent countless amounts of money on the physics engine alone

TuVictus

Henmii

Very underwhelming Direct. Not that the games where bad by any means, but I wasn't blown away either. Luigi's mansion 3, Links awakening and Astral chain all look fine. And while Banjo and Kazooie look awesome, its just a cheap Microsoft advertisement if there isn't a new BanjoKazooie on Switch.

The ending was the best: Super creepy teaser to a direct sequel to Breath of the wild. Goosebums! Will this be released November/December 2020, who knows!

Henmii

Sunsy

Nintendo's E3 made me very happy. I never played Panzer Dragoon, so that got me really excited. Between that and PSO2 coming to Windows PC, I'm very happy to see other Sega series outside Sonic back.

Looking forward to New Super Lucky's Tale. I wanted to play the original, but never did. I'm actually considering playing the original on PC, the "new" part makes this sound like a sequel. Also, Banjo-Kazooie in Smash.

Very happy to see Mario & Sonic Olympics back, my Switch library felt empty without one since I have most of the Wii and Wii U entries. Still love the series and still play the Wii and Wii U games from time to time.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

IceClimbers

I enjoyed that Direct a lot. Didn't expect to get 2 Smash characters. Confirming that the sequel to BotW is in development was a smart move and I can't wait! September looks stacked for Switch.

The Animal Crossing delay sucks though for those that are interested.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Arbor

my heart is full. as long as this botw has acceptable dungeons, i will be extremely happy. the first game was great but the dungeons were ridiculously easy and more like scavenger hunts.

Arbor

Octane

AC looked better than I thought it would. Some kind of survival thing?

No Pikmin 4 and no Retro is weird though...

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Animal Crossing New Horizons = New Leaf 2 in my opinion.
My hype suddenly crushed when i saw similar looking with New Leaf. 😫
But i still saw a great potential from that game.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

link3710

@Octane Not really on the Pikmin 4 one. It's too big to be dropped in the middle of a direct, and too small to be the big hitter of an E3 presentation. Mark my words, whenever it finally gets announced, it'll most likely be in a September Direct.

link3710

IceClimbers

Trials of Mana getting remade was a very nice surprise.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Captain_Toad

Thank you Nintendo for saving E3! The past two days were a bit of a downer, and then you came and told us why you and the others supporting ya are the absolute best. You have officially made my day!

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

CanisWolfred

Well, that was short, but sweet. Got a ton of notes down, and I found most of the games presented to be interesting:

• I'm genuinely excited to see the Dragon Quest protagonist presented in so many incarnation in Smash Bros.
  • They got me good with the Duck Hunt fake-out, but I'm glad Banjo-Kazooie's confirmed to be on the way to Smash Bros., finally. Looks super-fun to play as, too.
  • The "wrong Bowser" bit had me in stitches, no really, I was laughing my @$$ off the whole time.
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 looks like...more Luigi's Mansion, but that can only be a good thing.
  • The Dark Crystal Tactics game was a pleasant surprise, I could really go for a new FF Tactics-style game.
  • Link's Awakening still looks gorgeous and I can't wait to play it!
  • Trails of Mana! They did it boys, we're finally getting it! And in both forms, with the original on a collection with Secret of Mana & Adventures of Mana! I'm so excited, I can hardly contain myself right now!
  • Looks like the Witcher 3 on Switch rumors were true. I'll happily eat crow about it being impossible.
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses is still hype as heck and I might actually watch the tree house gameplay for it. Seriously, I never watch those, it's hard enough to get me to watch streams, let alone listen to corprate mouthpieces for 30+ minutes...
  • Campy Resident Evil trailer was campy.
  • No More Heroes III trailer got me way more excited than it had any right to.
  • ...Contra? I think that was a Contra game they showed there? It's basically the sequel to Neo Contra that I'm pretty sure no one asked for? I mean...I guess it could be good, but it's just..I don't understand why this exists?
  • Daemom X Machina is still blowing me away. When does it come out? I need it. I need it now!
  • Oh hey, new Panzer Dragoon! That's neat. Or is it a remake? I'm not sure...
  • Did I miss something? Since when did Pokemon have Kaiju forms? That's...pretty cool, actually. I like it.
  • This year's trailer for Astral Chain was way better this time around, and it's got me pretty hyped for it.
  • Cadence of Hyrule looks like a good excuse as any to grab the Switch version of Crypt of the Necrodancer.
  • The highlight reel mpostly had ports, but of those, I'm excited for Dragon Quest Builder 2 and New Super Lucky's Tale. Seriously, I think I'm the only one who was excited for that announcement, I think everyone else was expecting Rare Replay, but I'll take it if it means one less reason to buy an Xbox console.
  • Uh, was that Twilight Princess x Breath of the Wild they're hinting at? Either way, I'm...mildly apprehensive, but more Zelda tends to be good news. I just hope that it's the Mario Galaxy 2 of Zelda direct sequels with tons of new ideas that keep the experience fresh and not just a rehash because "Hey, Breath of the Wild was really popular!"
  • "Wait? Airdropping out of a plane owned by Nook onto a Deserted Island?! Is this....Animal Crossing: Battle Royale?!

....oh, it's just Animal Crossing with Survival/Camping/Town-building elements...

...that involve you being dumped onto a deserted island where Nook makes you a debt slave that presumedly does all of the work building him a new town in criminally poor working conditions. Nook truly is a monster.

Oh. And of course, who could forget the true Game of the Show:

MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPICS!!!

But seriously, this was a pretty good show to cap off an otherwise underwhelming E3.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

Pretty damn good from Nintendo. Still nothing as good as FF7, but they definitely wiped the floor with Xbox/Ubisoft/EA/PC

Definitely a good sign they showed the next big Zelda game. I assume that means it will get it's full announcement at next E3. They're obviously reusing quite a lot of assets in order to make a shorter dev cycle, like I thought they would. Ocarina-> Majora style.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Anti-Matter Why New Leaf 2? What did you expect it to be? It's Animal Crossing, the same game every time, just a bit different. This one looks like a nice change of pace with the island theme.

Octane

Dezzy

Animal Crossing looked kinda good for saying it IS basically "lets remake that last one but with Switch graphics."

SuperWeird

That was the worst Direct I've ever seen. I honestly had trouble staying awake through it. More Zelda - whoop-dee-doo. The only thing that excited me was the Contra Anniversary Collection. Terrible E3 showing.

SuperWeird

Joeynator3000

Was hoping for something Monster Hunter related...not even a Switch port of Stories. Guess that means I'll go ahead and buy the iOS version.

Maybe the Treehouse stream will have some small surprises...like MH stories for Switch...or a localization for Battle Cats Switch. >.<

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Dezzy

I wonder how much Witcher 3 had to be nerfed.

I noticed the hanging tree had a lot fewer leaves and branches on it.

TOUGHDUDE94

We also got conker good fur day aka super lucky take

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

jump

Rexenolith wrote:

And here are the results of my E3 Bingo. Not the greatest, but I don't care.
Untitled

There was a new amiibo announcement for Links Awakening or does it no count if it's not in the direct itself?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sorry, this topic has been locked.