Forums

Topic: A Music Thread

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 2,048

Cobalt

@6ch6ris6

I think you describe it the right way !

Soylent Green is a masterpiece man... I understand german like you probably understand chinese
The strange thing is that I have several german friends and I spent a huge part of my youth in german clubs. By the way, there is a song about that and you can see the atmosphere of those clubs in the videoclip.

It was kind of like that :

Cobalt

bimmy-lee

@skywake - That was cool and disturbing, but who is it?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

skywake

@bimmy-lee
Can't say the band name without summoning the mods. If you want to search for more of their stuff just lookup The Drones as that's the band two of the leads were in before this project. This new band only has one album, "A Laughing Death in Meatspace".

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

bimmy-lee

@skywake - Googled the album title. Understood. The album cover is great, it looks like a Nosego painting. I’ll be checking them out, seems like there’s shades of a darker Primus in there. Thanks for the recommendation.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Cobalt

Incredible young French girl of 16 years old who sings in English.
WTF that voice o_O, she killed me !

Cobalt

Anti-Matter
Storm by Vanessa Mae
Cool Vivaldi song with Techno style.
Listen to 2:05, 2:06 & 2:08.
2:05 = Thunder
2:06 = Thundara
2:08 = Thundaga
Cool....!

Anti-Matter

skywake

A couple of music related things I wanted to post here. Firstly, has anyone noticed how down tempo and depressing a lot of popular music is these days? I didn't really quite notice this that much until I listened through this year's Hottest 100 a couple of weeks ago. A fair amount has been said about how "old people" (i.e people over 30) don't "get it" anymore but I don't think that's it. Pretty much the entire countdown was depressing, slow, ambient music.

It's almost like this is Grunge v2. The difference is that Grunge was building off Noise but this new stuff is squeaky clean. I mean compare the video I just linked to Nirvana's In Bloom. They're largely making the same point and they're generally hitting the same emotional tone. But because Nirvana's tools were far more aggressive the latter comes across as more of a middle finger than a "meh, what are you gonna do about it though".

I don't know. I think it just kinda feels like we're at that cycle in the tastes of popular music again when people are saying how crap the world is. Though this time it's far less satisfying because instead of screaming at the clouds and kicking down doors they're crying into their phones....

On a different note, there's still stuff like this being made:

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

6ch6ris6

Rammstein - Deutschland
cant link the musicvideo because it is age restricted, but it is incredible ! go search for it

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

jump

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Rammstein - Deutschland
cant link the musicvideo because it is age restricted, but it is incredible ! go search for it

I'm not hugely keen on the last album as it doesn't hit their highs of their better ones but it's still a solid listen. I saw them live a few months, great fun as always even with them cutting a few of my favourites from the set list.

I'm not sure I'm articulating right but I feel foolishly stubborn, I've been listening to Ghost for the last few months and they have become one of my favourite bands. I remember hearing about them years ago, it was something about them being a Satanic Swedish metal band so my head goes to some kind of black death metal which Scandinavia is known for producing which I just went meh at. After giving them a chance I think they are brilliant, it's more tongue in cheek fun like Queen rather than the heavy stuff like Amon Amarth (no offense to their fans). The effort they have put into their lore is fantastic and listening to their albums in order you can see such tremendous growth which I really appreciate after so many bands get stale after their first few albums.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

klingki

@jump Totally agree with you! When I first heard about Ghost, I fully expected that I would not like them, but when I actually listened, it was great!

klingki

Vinny

YouTube's algorithm is right, 70's japanese jazz albuns are great.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

C-Chakra

@jump Hey, thanks to your post I thought i'd check Ghost out, and turns out I really dig em. I remember when they came on the scene about ten years back and totally dismissed them after checking out one of their early songs.

As for my contribution, I've been listening to X Japan in the last few months among other stuff. But I goddamn love this band, which is why I'm rockin the Hideto Matsumoto avatar... here's a vid. Enjoy

Edited on by C-Chakra

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic