Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 861 to 880 of 2,610

Joeynator3000

...Gonna post here again.
1...ahem...PMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...2. After that troll attack tonight, I think it would be better if the mods had at least the ability to temporary ban members. Even if it was for like a day or so until an admin returned.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

errantrazor

I'd like to read up on some SSB OR mario Kart 8 or Zelda discussion/news/speculation/tips. But I find 100 to 200 to 1200 page forum threads to be overwhelming to the point of useless.

errantrazor

Retro_on_theGo

I never understood other's desires for it, but now i agree that Nintendolife could really use an ignore or block button of some sorts. There's been an influx of users who make me want to tear my hair out and they post pretty often. I've been disliking the site overall more and more recently though so maybe it'd be best if I just stop visiting, but there are some users still around who's posts I find interesting so I stick around,

Kylo_Ren

Maybe an Forums Games section with games such as the Banned Game.

Kylo_Ren

RudysaurusRex

Using the comments on this site has gotten better over the years. You are able to see forum posts and comments on profiles now, and you receive email notifications now for replies.

Would it be possible to have a reddit-like inbox system?

It would make it so much easier to get a notification by my profile button that lights up if I have "mail".

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

Mijzelffan

What's up with the new site lay-out, is there any way to switch back to the old version?

Mijzelffan

veeflames

Mijzelffan wrote:

What's up with the new site lay-out, is there any way to switch back to the old version?

Yes. Scroll down the page and you should find the link to the old website... well, not really old, though.
Or I think you could use this link: www.nintendolife.com/home

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

RedDevilAde

Mijzelffan wrote:

Sorry to say I prefer the old version too.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

CanisWolfred

Yeah, I figure this is an E3-centric layout. They did something weird with the homepage last E3, too, IIRC.

EDIT: also, yay for 12-hour clock post stamps! TY

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RedDevilAde

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yeah, I figure this is an E3-centric layout. They did something weird with the homepage last E3, too, IIRC.

Hope so. Sadly my memory is not good enough to remember last year...

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

veeflames

Guys, it's not permanent. It's just for E3. Head down the E3 home page for the old version, or visit www.nintendolife.com/home.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

NinChocolate

I have both home layouts bookmarked

NinChocolate

errantrazor

I guess they don't want anyone to be able to find any E3 information in that cluttered mess on the homepage.

errantrazor

rayword45

I barely post on this site, but can someone explain to me why hating on gay people ISN'T an immediate ban? This needs immediate verification (based on the comments in the recent article).

Surely if someone spewed some garbage about how they hated blacks, women, Jews, Asians or fat people they'd get banned in a heartbeat. Does the same protection not apply to homosexuality?

I don't want to start a debate, I honestly think this should just be stuck in the rules and everything is called a done deal. I don't care about anybody's stupid "opinion" because I could easily have the same stupid "opinion" argument for any other group of people and I'd still be banned.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Bass_X0

I barely post on this site, but can someone explain to me why hating on gay people ISN'T an immediate ban? This needs immediate verification (based on the comments in the recent article).

Surely if someone spewed some garbage about how they hated blacks, women, Jews, Asians or fat people they'd get banned in a heartbeat. Does the same protection not apply to homosexuality?

There was a guy who was saying negative things about gay people in the Fire Emblem same-sex marriage news article the other day - his posts were removed and the news article was locked from anybody else making further comments.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Tasuki

rayword45 wrote:

I don't want to start a debate, I honestly think this should just be stuck in the rules and everything is called a done deal. I don't care about anybody's stupid "opinion" because I could easily have the same stupid "opinion" argument for any other group of people and I'd still be banned.

That is odd indeed. I am pretty sure it is an automatic ban maybe you just don't see it? I know that profiles don't show whether a user has been banned or not. But I am not a mod here so I can't really answer for them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

I was just thinking about this a few minutes ago when I was responding to someone in a forum post. You have a reply button on the comment section of news articles that when you click it you automatically applys an @ username to your post, so why not have that feature in the forums section as well. Yeah you have the quote button but I dont like using it when there is a wall of quotes or if I am trying to get the attention of a particular user.

Surely I am not the only one who would like this feature.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@antdickens: Wow thanks Ant. I am not sure if it was that was to implement or if it was something you had in the works. Either way thank you so much for that and everything else you do for the sites.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic