Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 2,121

RupeeClock

@Munchlax
Really, the problem there is TPCi's marketing strategy.
They love to do weekly reveals up until the game's release, teasing some of the new stuff to find.
They have a real bad habit of revealing too many surprises.

RupeeClock

FishyS

I don't know if the news tabs for each game are auto-created or manually, but is there any way for those tabs to include more articles which mention/discuss the games?

For example if you go one of the games in the Best Switch Games...That Don't Fit In Other Lists list you won't see that article in the news tab so you won't know it's a 'best of' game, something very relevant while browsing games. This is true for most of the 'best Switch games' lists.

Similarly the 24 games we missed article from today doesn't end up in the game news tabs but it would be nice if it did since this article is the closest those games currently have to a review.

Ideally any article really talking about a game for at least a paragraph would end up in news for that game, though if the process is automatic I realize it can be a subtle distinction and if it is manual that is probably too much nuisance.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

I don’t know if it is possible I would appreciate a file uploader for the forums so we could just upload photos

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

My name is the victim of A holy war where there were no winners

Watch Inside Job

Fizza

Did a new update go across the site that added related articles at the bottom of an article?
Untitled
I'm just curious because I think it looks really nice

@Eagly If you're looking to upload photos, my advice would be to go to https://postimages.org and put your image file in there. That's what I've been doing to upload my images to the site and it's worked pretty well (you can even adjust sizes!).

Edited on by Fizza

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Kermit1Pineapple

@Fizza you can change sizes???

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion and a wembler

Once started a war between Moose and Catgirls

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Fizza thanks

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

Watch Inside Job

Tasuki

You guys need to stop post such polarizing articles. This is getting ridiculous as of late that when I go to comment on an article the comment section is locked. This latest one is about the gaming store that was robbed. I went to comment in it and it was locked by a mod and the reason, it's the end of the days for us so it's being locked?? What kind of reason is that?? It's not even Noon where I am at. Maybe you should get some new staff where Noon isn't the end of the day for them. Either that or maybe you guys shouldn't post polarizing articles if you can't handle the comment section. So it order to post a comment, I need to go by your guys schedule but if I don't I a can't.

Just seems a bit unfair that you let some people post their comments but others after a certain time you don't. That fine I guess those who don't go by your schedule aren't welcomed here.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Kermit1Pineapple

@Tasuki I think some new mod blood could do the site some good.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

More mods would be nice

Watch Inside Job

blindsquarel

@Tasuki
I completely agree. While this recent article was much better in the comments than most articles of this type, it has no place on a gaming website. The reasoning I was given was since it was a retro gaming store it counted as gaming news. If a site is going to allow comments on their stuff, they need to either not post such controversial topics, or realize that those threads might get political. But locking down the comments is never a good option.

Currently Playing: Spider-Man 2018
Spectacular Spider-Man is far superior to any other version of Spider-Man.
Also, it is annoying when people tell me to smile more, I guess my resting face looks like I am mad.

Kermit1Pineapple

How long have the current mods been active?

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Tasuki

@blindsquarel I don't mind locking down comments but to do so after so many other people commented just makes me feel like my comments are no important to the site. Either have them locked from the beginning or not at all. Especially because "It's the end of the day". As I said it's not even Noon where I am at. What type of excuses is that?

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jump

On one hand I'm having trouble seeing why people are so outraged (beyond it's the inter netting webs) at an article about a popular gaming shop being robbed and on the other hand I'm setting my alarm clock for 9am UK time for when the article comments section opens up again so I can join in the fun.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

@Tasuki - noooooooooo.

But, I do agree with you - an international website needs international moderation.

Rambler

Kermit1Pineapple

@Rambler This site needs some Canadians!

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Rambler

@Tasuki
Ooh you're right. Maybe it is just a case of more mods in different time zones.

Rambler

Kermit1Pineapple

This decision of new mods is all up to the site creators, it's out of our hands now.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic