Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 2,597

Tasuki

@blindsquarel I don't mind locking down comments but to do so after so many other people commented just makes me feel like my comments are no important to the site. Either have them locked from the beginning or not at all. Especially because "It's the end of the day". As I said it's not even Noon where I am at. What type of excuses is that?

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jump

On one hand I'm having trouble seeing why people are so outraged (beyond it's the inter netting webs) at an article about a popular gaming shop being robbed and on the other hand I'm setting my alarm clock for 9am UK time for when the article comments section opens up again so I can join in the fun.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

@Tasuki - noooooooooo.

But, I do agree with you - an international website needs international moderation.

Rambler

Rambler

@Tasuki
Ooh you're right. Maybe it is just a case of more mods in different time zones.

Rambler

Kermit1doesmath

This decision of new mods is all up to the site creators, it's out of our hands now.

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Yeah, i guess making comments on this thread likely won’t change much.

But that won’t stop me from complaining in the comments. I swear every double digit likes comment I have is along the lines of “ you guys are just milking this now”.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Kermit1doesmath

@blindsquarel You should try "They've milked it for all it's worth sold the meat and now just sell the memory"

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
That’s good, I’ll change up my strategy’s.

FishyS

@Tasuki the article itself wasn't really polarizing.. are there people in favor of stores being robbed? The fact that people feel compelled to get off topic in weird ways is a different issue although if the site anticipated needing to lock or super-moderate the comments I agree either not having the article or simply not allowing comments from the beginning would make sense.

I will say though I have made over 1,000 comments on the site and never had my comment removed and was never unable to comment on an active article so I wouldn't say it's a super common problem even with me being in the non-main timezone for the site.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

RupeeClock

Hey @antdickens , just wanted to report that the formatting for sister site articles is not rendering correctly in Firefox.
The border rectangle is not fully wrapping around the article image, and the tags are overlapping the preview text.
This renders correctly in Chrome.

Untitled

RupeeClock

blindsquirrel

@RupeeClock
I have to ask about the number of replies on your screenshot. I just have t9.

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Me to. Stupid auto correct thinks to should be t9.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic