Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 2,633

Snatcher

@X-Slayer You mean bloodninja?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

tekoii

Hey so, I think a good idea for this site would be to have the forum topics be at a higher position on the site so you can see them quicker without having to scroll down.

I feel like the forum is a good supplement to the news topics because both have people discussing games. Engaging with both would be easier from the moment you come to the site.

This might just be me speaking from my short time here, but hey I think that might be useful.

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Tasuki

@X-Slayer It's because the staff doesn't like banning people unless its something really bad i.e. a bot posting spam or something along those lines.

It's because a website like this is measured on how successful it isl by the numbers of visitors you have and accounts you have signed up. The problem is if they ban people even if they deserve it then those banned people cry and tell people to avoid this site and such and then the site has "a bad reputation" as a result which means less sponsorship and then the website doesn't pull in income to pay for itself.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jedgamesguy

Ah well, I think they set a new record for the most removed posts in one article.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@X-Slayer Well I think that He just has very very very very, strong opinions, So it make it seem like he is being rude, But trust me he isn't trying to be.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

Quarth

@X-Slayer The problem with this forum regarding reporting posts and users is that there is no moderator feedback to the reports. You just report and hope for the best. I know it would take more time and effort from the moderators to reply to users, but that would be solved with more moderators (or maybe an automatic message when one's report has been taken care of, if you want to take an easy route). I moderated a big forum a looong time ago and we had a PM system, where both users and moderators could interact. But if that's not what the admins of this site are interested in, I can respect that.

But yeah, the trolls are getting a lot of leeway here, at least it feels that way, though probably more users are getting banned than we know of.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Eel

I mean, without some sort of special direct message system, any feedback to reports would be basically outing you as the reporter.

Though I do wish we could say something to users that like to constantly report things that don’t break any rules.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Quarth

@Eel Yeah, that's why a PM system would be good. But I get why the site doesn't have it.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Eel

You don’t really need to repeat the same suggestion that many times, I’m sure Ant checks this thread regularly, he’ll see it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@X-Slayer His opinions can come off as rude, Even tho he had no idea what he was talking about in regards to metroid. He is a really nice guy, but when it comes to metroid articles....Well?

I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher @X-Slayer
Bloodninja can be so rude when talking about DDR like he/she really boasting about his/her playing DDR without holding the bar as he/she called playing DDR by holding the bar = have weak legs and body balance. Bloodninja also keep asking me to play DDR without holding the bar and got some fitness / martial art class to get body balance, i mean i'm not Freestyle DDR player, I'm Speedy type DDR player. I still holding the bar when playing DDR for safety purpose, not by showing off my sturdy legs and body balance.
Bloodninja also got some arguments with other user who played DDR better by holding the bar (and sometimes no holding the bar by moderation) and Bloodninja keep saying with some rude comments toward that user.

Sometimes Bloodninja can be so nice but when he/she talked about specific games, his/her comments can be so rude.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Well I don't really see it as much as rude as more it feels like A huge boast, But I can't remember the convo, But I can't tell you what was rude, if it was rude to you it was rude, But I don't think he was trying to be at all.

Ok well I think its time to change the topic, agree?

I’m very much alive!

chapuH

Potential feature: post the actual amount of physical copies a game sells in the UK charts, like in the Japanese charts.

Hope you're having a good day.

gcunit

@chapu2006 If those numbers were published then I'm sure NL would include them in the charts, but they're not, I'm pretty sure.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

chapuH

Idea: When someone posts a message with an "@NLUser", it should take you to the message it's referring to when you press or click on it.

Hope you're having a good day.

Snatcher

@chapu2006 That would be amazing TBH.

I’m very much alive!

BabyYoda71

@chapu2006 I thought that would be a great idea a long time ago, but never asked about it. That would be a good feature.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Eel

Perhaps they could simplify the process and format it by adding the post number after the username.

@Username#4010

Of course this could conflict with the fact people can delete their comments, which messes with the post count...

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic