Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 2,597

Ryu_Niiyama

Can the ignore list auto add both parties if one party adds them? I have a user freaking out because I don’t respond to him even though he has been on my ignore list since 2017. He is derailing a thread about it in a somewhat harassing fashion and is now saying I said things that I didn’t. I don’t have time for this drama. Plus the dude has been following me around for a bit replying to me even though it’s obvious I had him on ignore. I know about this because I’ve been on the site while logged out a few times and other users are commenting about it. It’s creepy.

Edit: now he is comparing me to some bully in his past. I’m officially uncomfortable.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

Something tells me he just wanted to have his last word and won't continue after that post. If he does though, I'll make sure to tell him to stop.

The dual ignore function sounds like it could be an interesting thing. Perhaps as an extra option when ignoring someone.

"[✔] Add me to the user's ignore list"

(perhaps with a special flag so the user can't just un-ignore you if they happen to check their list)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

@Eel ok, I’ll leave it alone then. I can deal with the libel because anyone could have read my post before I took it down as I said I would so the thread wouldn’t be hijacked (yet it still got hijacked…sigh). And I have screenshots.

But the dual ignore I think works over all because you know instantly that your communication with that person has ended and you have the option to do the same. You can take them off if you don’t like it but I think it solves a few onesided convo problems.

Edit: @Eel thank you for the assist. I’m still super uncomfortable/creeped out about the whole thing and what led up to it but hopefully I will be left alone going forward.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Snatcher

I Think it should say your on ignore, Might make it easy'er to see that your on ignore, or did you guys say that already LOL.

I will drop this topic as well but it did come off as creepy in my opinion.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

gcunit

A matter of hours out from a Nintendo Direct, if a Nintendo game 'leaks', would it hurt to use a headline such as "New Nintendo game leaks..." rather than spoiling what is quite possibly an impending reveal in the Direct?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MarioVillager92

I don't know if it's just me, but when I click on a thread from the Nintendo Life home page, it sometimes goes to the very bottom (where it shows the popular articles and NL's social media links) and I have to scroll up just to read others' posts. That annoys me...has that happened to anyone else?

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Ryu_Niiyama

Any way to filter out article topics and save that as your site preference? I would turn off my ad blocker if I could skip the rumor articles.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

sunny63

@Snatcher you've got a valid point... maybe just ask a few artists permission to use their work in general?

sunny63

jump

jump wrote:

One thing that annoys be about when the title of a thread is called something like warning spoilers or whatever and then changing the title to the actual name of the game later is that it doesn't come up in the search function unless you type what the thread was originally called and not the new name.

I’m just gonna drop this here as Octy said it’s Ant’s problem.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@jump I can find it just fine. So maybe the issue has already been resolved?

Octane

octokid

Not sure if this really falls under this category, but could someone help me figure out how to censor spoilers when I make a forum post?

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

WoomyNNYes

@octokid Like this. (spoiler) blah blah blah (/spoiler)

Just change the parentheses ( ) to brackets [ ]
blah blah blah Mario smells. See? It's easy!

You can also hit the Quote button to see the code the user used, if you ever forget, or are curious to see how they did something else. The code they used will be revealed in the quote. Then you can delete/discard it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

On the game collections page we need a "Played" option, I know thats what owned is for but It might have never had it, just played it, or maybe it platform counter part.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jimmyjames

On the game overview can you add file size and format: download only/physical?

jimmyjames

arnoldfranklin

Hey, here's one. I would like it if you could click something to make articles disappear on the main page. Sometimes you don't like the pictures if you know what I mean so that would be nice if that could happen please.

Edited on by arnoldfranklin

arnoldfranklin

My Nintendo: namely_one

Anti-Matter

@arnoldfranklin
Yeah, me too.
I want to read certain articles and don't even want to see any articles with offending pictures for me.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

arnoldfranklin wrote:

Hey, here's one. I would like it if you could click something to make articles disappear on the main page. Sometimes you don't like the pictures if you know what I mean so that would be nice if that could happen please.

I would classify this as "self moderation". No site would ever implement such a thing.

@Anti-Matter If you are offended by pictures you have bigger problems than what articles are posted on NL

Edited on by Zuljaras

Anti-Matter

@Zuljaras
A people like me can get offended by certain pictures as I don't even want to see them as it might trigger negative reaction from me.
An option to turn off some articles by click the button on it is a welcome feature in this website.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter I understand that but that is a very small fraction of the sites users. If more people "demand" such feature it would be considered. But to lower your ad exposure is a no-go.

Also one more important thing is that this will take time to program so it is not wise to waste so much time in a feature that is demanded by the smallest minority

A such feature would be nice but not a game changer.

I do not know one site that does that for it own articles! (no other user created content)

Basically this is "the ignore button" for NL articles

arnoldfranklin

If we're not supposed to swear in comments why should we not be able to make some articles disappear. Besides, how often do you click on all of the articles? I don't think I usually do if at all (Probably not at all). But, oh well then.

Edited on by arnoldfranklin

arnoldfranklin

My Nintendo: namely_one

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic