Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 2,580

Eel

Maybe a green theme, like the one they added to the kindle app.

It’s dark green text on light green backgrounds, kinda like the GB, but softer.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

I often see mods in the forums locking threads that get "revived" after having been dead for a while. If that's the case, couldn't you guys just set the site to auto-lock any dead thread after a certain amount of time? Seems like it would save you a lot of trouble.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

SuperLuigi111

I was actually about to comment on this, so I'm glad it's already being talked about. I don't understand why it's bad to revive an old thread. It's better than making a new one. This is the first forum I've been on where that's seen as a bad thing.

SuperLuigi111

SuperLuigi111

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@SuperLuigi111 This is the first forum I've been on where reviving old threads is sometimes not a bad thing. The other forums I've been to it's frowned upon no matter the situation, sometimes to the extent that threads are automatically locked after a month or so of inactivity.

Strange, I've never encountered that. I imagine it would waste more space the site uses to have multiple threads on the same thing.

SuperLuigi111

Bunkerneath

Just a thought, but on a game's pages you have the developer, what about if you click on that it shows all the games by them.

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

Have you guys ever considered having a "Shameless self-promotion" thread. A set portion of the forums where people are allowed to link to their YouTube channels, their Sonic Deviantart OCs and their surveys for college papers? I know you guys block it in the regular forums and I am glad you do. But I think it would be reasonable to have a separate page in the forums for it.

Personally the way I would go about it is that when you click on it (and I would call it the "Shameless Self-Promotion" thread there would be a disclaimer where you point out that the following page contains links to external websites to which NintendoLife has no affiliation to and that you proceed at your own risk. I would also suggest having a rules list for this thread pinned at the top, where you state the obvious like "no linking to adult websites, no linking to rom/piracy websites"

It's just an idea. A way for people to share things in a dedicated spot hidden safely behind a disclaimer.

Heavyarms55

@antdickens Yup, a specific thread for it is exactly what I was talking about. Glad to see you're open to it!

Anti-Matter

Um....
Maybe a Filter that i can Censor any articles that contain rated 18+ games.
Just like Parental Control Apps for Switch.
When i Strictly allowed until rated Teen, i cannot even see any images of rated 18+ games from Switch News. That's a Big help for me.

So, for this website, maybe on the corner of each article has a button to Close the arcticle from View if i found Inappropriate articles, just to make sure younger audiences will NOT Able to access such games information like that.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Anti-Matter All the kids play PUBG and Call of Duty these days, they're used to it

Just don't click on the articles if you don't want to see them.

Octane

RXShorty

Could you setup a redirect from http to https.
So that everybody is using the TLS certificate.
Thanks!

RXShorty

Heavyarms55

RXShorty wrote:

Could you setup a redirect from http to https.
So that everybody is using the TLS certificate.
Thanks!

I second this request.

Quarth

I would like a PM function, if not with all users, so at least with the mods, especially when one’s made reports. There’s zero response on the reports one makes and sometimes you would like to talk about it. It works on other forums, so I can’t see why it wouldn’t work here.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

GeoChrome

This has already probably been suggested before, but being able to heart posts on the forums. It would be a great way to get rid of the “I think that’s cool” or “I totally agree” remarks that usually add little to the discussion.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Octane

@Quarth Can't say anything about a PM function, as I literally don't know, but I've been working my way through the reports at a snail's pace. I'm very busy this month, so I'm relying on the other mods to get the job done (sorry @Delibheel and @Sanya_Claus). I've deleted the GIF you reported, but to be honest, I have no idea who he is, if you could specify that in the description next time, it would be very helpful. Thanks for reporting it though, I would've had no idea otherwise!

Octane

Quarth

@Octane OK, thanks, good. I did specify in my report that it was a nazi terrorist, etc., but I’lI admit I could’ve been more clear. Thought Breivik was well known, but it might be just in some parts of the world.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Heavyarms55

I like the "thumb down" function you guys added to comments. I think it is nice being able to both like or dislike a comment to show support or to disagree.

But why can't we see thumbs down on our own comments? Just recently another user pointed out to me how many I had on a comment. And it was a comment I expected some people would disagree with. But as far as I can tell, we can't see our own dislikes.

Is this a glitch? If not, I was wondering what the reasoning was?

Tyranexx

From what I've been able to tell as a guest, you can't see any of the dislikes at all. You need to be a registered user I believe.

I would assume that not being able to view your own dislikes would be to prevent bad feelings, but I can't state that for sure. I'm not a member of the website team.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tasuki @ReaderRagfish I wasn't aware it was supposed to do anything. Barring maybe if a comment was down-voted enough, mods might check it for inappropriate content. I thought it was just meant to be a counterpart to the heart button, meaning "this many people liked/agreed with your comment" and "this many people disliked or disagreed with your comment". Which is why I didn't understand why we could not see the dislikes for our own comments.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic