Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 2,628

ogo79

what is a man?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

GrailUK

Not sure where to put this but when I'm typing a post, sometimes when I press enter, the curser sticks at the end of the sentence until I start typing. I know it's only a small thing...but I don't think it's my keyboard!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

@antdickens What E3 streams are being covered this year on Nintendo Life? The homepage only shows Nintendo streams but in previous years 3rd party streams were also covered if there was potential for reveals on Nintendo systems (e.g. Ubisoft).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

No idea if anyone pays attention to this thread anymore, but I was thinking the forum could use more sub-divisions. Perhaps dedicated threads for major Nintendo IPs like Pokemon, Zelda, Mario etc. That way, withig those dedicated threads we could have pages for more things like Pokemon battle requests, more specific Zelda threads (game specific or even dungeon specific).

Moderators, how often do you guys end up having to tell people to go use the Pokemon USUM thread, or the BotW thread? - but then users have to sort through dozens of pages of comments or topics get revisited to death.

Just an idea.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Octane

@Heavyarms55 I personally think we already have more sub-forums than we need. Since it's system-based, creating franchise-specific sub-forums would be quite confusing.

I don't think that would stop people from creating their own battle request threads either. That's mostly new users that don't pay attention to the community rules, nor search the forums for existing threads. I don't think that will change unfortunately.

Octane

Heavyarms55

@Octane Well it's your guys site, not mine, but I don't really agree. This thread alone is 58 pages long. No one is seriously going to look through all 58 pages to see if their ideas have been mentioned. Just one example. The forums are very active, and yet, extremely general. I feel having more dedicated threads would be a good way of overhauling and making things more stream-lined and user friendly. Threads could also link to one another. Within a Pokemon thread, there could be a button for each major game line and then those threads could have links back to their respect systems and so on.

Octane

@Heavyarms55 It's not my site, it's just my opinion.

There's no one stopping anyone from mentioning an idea twice. And I don't expect anyone to read through these 58 pages. I do think that opening a new thread for every little idea nets the same result, because nobody's going to read through 58 separate threads to see if their idea has been mentioned before.

What dedicated threads are you thinking of? Because there's nothing stopping you from making a thread if there's not too much overlap with an existing thread.

Octane

Heavyarms55

@Octane I thought that little star by your name/icon meant you were one of the staff members?

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Octane

@Heavyarms55 Moderator. I don't think even staff decide about changes like this. Only Ant does, I think!

Octane

Heavyarms55

@Octane Oh, my mistake.

antdickens

@Heavyarms55 @Octane thanks for the suggestion, personally I do want to get the forums completely redeveloped at some point which may well change the structure. It's not something I've had much time to think about though, it needs thinking through completely and therefore won't be happening straight away. Thanks for the feedback though, it'll go into the melting pot for sure

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

@antdickens Oh wow, glad to hear it! Best of luck with whatever you have planned!

AccessibleDaydream

How about an option to have the homepage default to timeline view?

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

Matthew010

@antdickens How about an option to block articles relating to games you don't like? That Fortnite football dance article has nothing to do with Nintendo at all and I don't come on to Nintendo Life to read football or unrelated Fortnite news.

Matthew010

Eel

I don't think that's got much to do with the site itself.

It's likely the phone or computer or etc that you're using.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic