Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 951

BSlyTheGamerGuy

I'm on my second play-through of A Link Between Worlds and I can honestly say that it's my favorite Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. This game is an absolute joy to play and I'm really have some fun with it, and that's what games are all about. Fun.

It's bringing me back to a time when playing video games was a joy and you didn't have to worry about anything else in life, the 3DS and ALBW is seriously taking me back to when gaming was in it's golden age. I'm loving every damn second of it.

Follow me on Twitter @BSlyTheGamerGuy
http://bslygamerhaven.blogspot.com/ 2/20/14 TEKKEN 2 review for the PLAYSTATION!

Twitter:

Mansa

I dont have all the items despite of saving 6/7 sages. Can someone tell me how to get them?

Besides from the gear and ravio item of course. I got all of those.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Rapido

@Bronze its the bottles good sir. 5 bottles in all. other's are the items you can buy in shops like the scoot fruit and the final one I won't say as you will get it near end game.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

Mansa

Thank you

I did not expect five bottles to be in the game

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Rapido

Bronze wrote:

Thank you

I did not expect five bottles to be in the game

Hey I expected 6, lol.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

LzWinky

You can use the [ spoiler ] tag without the spaces

Hilda was only pretending to hold Yuga back. They were plotting together throughout the entire game until the last part.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MuchoMochi

I've played through Hero Mode twice, the only problem with this game is I wanted it to be a little longer, and I felt it was a bit too easy. Other than that, I loved it and it has tied for my favorite LoZ game (WIndwaker being the other).

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

LzWinky

Hilda had to make her story believable

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

HylianJowi

I've played through this game three times now. ;_; A lot of people wanted it longer, but I really think it's awesome in quick bursts (it is a portable game, after all)! Nagamatsu Ryo's remixes are brilliant as well.

HylianJowi

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9360-6763 | My Nintendo: HylianJowi | Nintendo Network ID: JowiStinks

kkslider5552000

I finally started this game.

I'd give my impressions but I don't think I can state anything so far beyond factual information and "yep, it's Zelda, so it's fun". Of course that's because I haven't gotten to the interesting parts of the game at all yet.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

e-love

Lmao I haven't played this game at all since Christmas of 2013, I've only gotten through like two dungeons.

I really want to get back into it but I keep getting side tracked with other games. Oh well, some day I guess.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

kkslider5552000

I do think it's a weird mix of old school and new. But because of how stupid to the point of self-parody Skyward Sword was with tutorials, the fairly obvious stuff here isn't that bad. But it is still kind of a "did they really have to show me where that was?" situation. Hope the latter parts don't do that much. Probably also doesn't help that I know where much of these things because of LTTP.

I'm sure this has also been said, but the game looks way better while playing it. They did a really effective job at turning the classic LTTP look into 3d graphics in a way that lesser games would make more boring instead (you already know what games I'm referring to). Also, the wall gimmick is another thing that I didn't get why it was interesting until I started playing with it. Going through the first dungeon and than having it kinda turned on its head at the end was great. Or the dungeon continuing for a little bit after beating the boss for that matter.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

HappyHappyist

I still think this game can be described as "wasted potential." We had the makings for some of the best dungeons in the series, what with having every single item available from the start, but they didn't do that. Each dungeon is far too simple, and that just ruined the game for me. What makes a zelda game for me is the dungeons, and the ones in this game were not good.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

KRO

kkslider5552000 wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

I

tl;dr

reading sure is a chore, how can he expect anyone to read a whole paragraph? especially when your post just before his was even longer

Edited on by KRO

KRO

Adam

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the tldr was a joke, possibly indicating he disagreed.

Now help, I am stuck on a tree limb. Call the fire department.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

HappyHappyist

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

Adam wrote:

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the tldr was a joke, possibly indicating he disagreed.

Now help, I am stuck on a tree limb. Call the fire department.

Sorry, they're all busy helping get this derailed tread back on its tracks.

On Topic: I don't think the game was wasted potential. Sure it was easy, but part of that comes from experimenting with a different formula. I think the worst that could happen is they do it again and improve the difficulty curve.

I've said this before but what they could do is have sets of 3 or 4 dungeons that you can go through in any order and then move on to the next set of more difficult dungeons. It gives some freedom while still offering a sense of difficulty progression.

There are parts of the game i did like. I liked the simple combat, the non-linearity, the freedom to buy most items at the beginning of the game. I also liked the action-based dungeon (I believe it was the Thieve's Hideout). I hated almost every other dungeon though, they pretty much ruined the game for me.

As for experimenting, I call BS. It's an experiment, but it's being sold in stores for full price. They had enough confidence to sell it in stores, so It's going to be judged like a full-price game, not an experiment. As a game, they could have done much better. much better.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

KRO

Ice dungeon was bretty good

KRO

Kevlar44

I can't believe there are people unsatistfied with this game i thought it was amazing. The dungeons are a little easy as you advance and i do think they should have made it a little less open to increase the difficulty, but that's a minor complaint to a game that had me hooked until i beat it. The wall mechanic and throwback overworld made me very happy with this game, one of my favorite Zelda's ever.

Edited on by Kevlar44

Kevlar44

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.