Forums

Topic: Upgraded Cave Story coming to eShop

Posts 341 to 360 of 369

rayword45

^I hate the internet because I don't know if that's sarcastic. I'm just going to assume it is.

And by sequel, I meant a prequel. A full-on sequel would either kill the happy ending of the original, or make it seem corny.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

CrankyBonesGaming

hopefully we eu and aus gamers that is waiting for our realese. will know more about it when it will be Review'd.

Hope it has more cosumes than the wiiware version (or atleast the same). As much as i want a ''real'' portable Cave Story, i also want it to be better than the wiiware version. I would hate to have the feeling that i have a better version in my wii at home

CrankyBonesGaming

RR529

First review!

Nintendo World Report: 9.5/10

They said with perfect gameplay, loads of bonus content, & wonderful use of 3D, it's the definitive version of the game on a Nintendo console.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TheDreamingHawk

I'm just LOLing that all of you guys think that 4 simple ports on different systems is a bad thing, when SMB 1 had a ton of ports back in the day.

1985- Original NES release
1986- SMB/Duck Hunt Rerelease, Hudson computer port, All Night Nippon, VS SMB
1990- SMB/World Class/Duck Hunt
1991- Super Mario All stars
1992- Super Mario All Stars + World
1999- Super Mario Bros Deluxe

And the list goes on and on. Point is, all classic games get ported or rereleased, what's so bad about that? Besides, the game has good reviews, so it's not like they broke it.

It's just that they want to open it to all sorts of audiences in NA, as it's also on the PC, Mac, PSP and Steam too. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes to Wii U because of that.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

rayword45

Make that 6 ports (3DS x2, Steam, Wii, PSP, DSi).

Also notice the long gaps. All Night Nippon and several of those don't count.

Also, with the exception of Deluxe and All-Stars, these offer NOTHING in terms of new features, and typically go down in price. Also, many of them are compilations.

The Cave Story re-releases/ports add new features each time, but rather then say, oh, make updates the way companies like Valve do, they'll charge a full price for it again. It's like COD except worse, because there's no new maps (other then a few extra rooms which were deliberately left out of the original because they were in beta stage)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

TheDreamingHawk

But still, SMB is the same main game, so is CS. It's not like the main game has you playing as Sue or anyone like that. Just a simple port, that's all.

rayword45

^Same main game, yes, but a lot of extra features, compared to nothing added in most ports of SMB.

If you buy every SMB port known to man, you are either trying to show your fanboyism or you're wasting your money without reason. These are DIRECT PORTS for the most part. A few remakes, but those are mostly compilations. So you aren't missing out if you buy one version.

Contrastly, they add new features to every damn Cave Story game when this could've been an update (and should've been with CS3D considering that costs 4 times as much with 1/8th the features) It is NOT just a simple port when you add stuff.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

OptometristLime

Let me get this straight, you are upset that rather than releasing a straight port they are adding additional content?
What the hell sense would it make for them to "update" a DSiWare game with 3D graphics?

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

rayword45

^I'm upset they didn't do an update to the RETAIL version of Cave Story, which came out less then a year ago.

I don't care about the DSiWare version. I own that, but I don't even think you can update a DSiWare to 3DSWare.

And in a way, yes, I am, because they keep adding features, giving us an incentive to buy, yet the stuff isn't even new rooms or anything and could easily be added to an update of the retail version. When I put it that way, it's my own ignorance in one way for succumbing to this, but I didn't expect a superior update, with 8 times the features and 1/4th the price when I got CS3D less then a year ago. Even COD adds new maps.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

LzWinky

rayword45 wrote:

^Same main game, yes, but a lot of extra features, compared to nothing added in most ports of SMB.

If you buy every SMB port known to man, you are either trying to show your fanboyism or you're wasting your money without reason. These are DIRECT PORTS for the most part. A few remakes, but those are mostly compilations. So you aren't missing out if you buy one version.

Contrastly, they add new features to every damn Cave Story game when this could've been an update (and should've been with CS3D considering that costs 4 times as much with 1/8th the features) It is NOT just a simple port when you add stuff.

Little do you know that a different publisher made Cave Story 3D...but why should that matter? Customers are always entitled to updates for very little.......oh wait :3

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

rayword45

I do know it was a different publisher. But guess what? Same developer. I even contacted NIS America and they said Nicalis was in charge of CS3D.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

OptometristLime

The upcoming version of Cave Story sounds like the definitive version for me. When Nicalis made Cave Story 3D they were, intentionally or otherwise, breaking the consistency across their games. I would say the graphical overhaul is the reason that version of the game isn't being updated in concert with the others. I'm going to be generous and say that it took considerable development resources to develop the retail release of Cave Story. They cannot afford to develop an update for free, long after the development cycle for that product has ended.

There are other more obvious factors, namely that they are a lazy developer which has demonstrated poor planning, bad judgement.... I could go on.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

rayword45

^And finally you see what I'm getting at. I really don't understand half the decisions they make.

As for the graphical overhaul thing, I can respect that. However, if you're going to release a new game and make it retail compared to all the other cheaper (all of which are less then a third of the price) you PROBABLY should focus on updating that release moreso. At the very least, add a damn jukebox. That was in the DSiWare version even.

And CS+ gets updated (???, not too sure) and it has new graphics. Granted, they're still sprites.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Odnetnin

I doubt this will make you understand, considering multiple people have already tried to tell you what I'm about to say, but here goes nothing.

Nicalis made a game for the 3DS called Cave Story 3D. I think it's safe to call it more of a remake rather than a mere port, considering they (and by they I mean mostly Pixel) had to put work into redrawing every single environment in 3D for this particular version, rather than just move some graphics over. This game came out, and NIS probably didn't put very much work into distributing it, considering I never saw in stores anywhere and couldn't find it online to pick up in store when I almost bought it last Christmas. I think it's safe to assume that it didn't sell very well.

Now Cave Story+ eShop comes along, and it's basically the definitive version, feature-wise. It has extra stuff not included in any of the previous console/handheld releases. Why would it make sense for Nicalis to take any of that stuff and put more effort into adding it into a very different game, graphics-wise that probably only sold a few copies? Sure, you can be annoyed that they came out with a better one not long after you bought their first Cave Story in the platform, but expecting them to support the old game like that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Radixxs

I'm boycotting all Cave Story products until Nicalis releases NightSky. Until then, they might as well rename the company to Cave Story Inc. I have no problem with rereleasing Cave Story. But that seems to be the only game they are capable of releasing.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

rayword45

In response to first paragraph, try not to be so rude if you plan to inform.

I don't know the sales numbers, but where I live I saw several copies in GameStops. I guess its different per area, but regardless, I think they should've thought over the options, but that's done now.
Random: excuse any poor grammar this phone sucks
And, in that case, they should give the pepole some benefit. At this point, it'd be a message saying "thanks for buying the game. Now piss off."

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

TheDreamingHawk

CS 3D IS different enough than the + version, though. The main game has extra secret items, a few extra rooms, and a lot more added to make 100% games take longer.

CrankyBonesGaming

if there are any american on this thread, that is gonna get it that can confirm the Different Costumes for easy, normal and hard, and also the halloween and x-mas costumes. At least i would be greatful.

CrankyBonesGaming

LordJumpMad

@MattEriks
If it was in the DSiware CS, I don't see why they won't have it again, and if they didn't, it's not that big of a deal.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.