Forums

Topic: Rune Factory 4

Posts 161 to 180 of 288

LzWinky

Well that's some bummer news

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

marck13

Hi everyone.. I tried writing to Marvelous AQL Europe, from whom I didn't hear anything anymore, but I also wrote the following to ghostlight:

---Original Message---

Sent: 20 January 2014 15:37
To: GL Shop
Subject: Contact Form

Name: **mch**
E-mail: ************@gmail.com
Telephone: 0041********

Comment: Hi

I just heard that for the 3ds game: "Rune Factory 4" the European
Release Has Been Cancelled (https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/rune_factory_4_european_release
_has_been_cancelled ).

Is there any chance you guys could step in to publish the game in Europe
(in English only of course, like the US-Version). Maybe with a
preorder-campaing similar to what you did with Shin Megami Tensei: Devil
Survivor 2 ? Or push an eshop only release?
I see that this might be much more difficult than it looks like, but
maybe it's worth a shot since that game got really great reviews.

Best Regards
**mch**

marck13

3DS Friend Code: 0619-6350-2310 | Nintendo Network ID: marck13

marck13

This is what ghostlight wrote back to me:

R*** B*** (GL) ****.****@ghostlight.uk.com
5:24 PM (24.1.2013; 16 hours ago)

Hi **mch**,

Thank you for getting in touch with us and for your suggestion.

We are always interested to hear which games people want us to bring
over and I have passed your suggestion on to the rest of the team.

Thanks

R****

_

At least they answered ..and they seem to care. How much, we don't know ..and I personally also don't know what is really possible for them to do.
We will see..

marck13

KittenKoder

@mch .... well, localization is a bit of a problem with developers, for many many many reasons. One huge one being the copyrights, based on what I have read this is the biggest hurdle now. When a company goes under, the copyrights they hold go into a sort of limbo until someone else buys them, at excessive prices too. Give them a bit of time, and be patient. I do understand your pain, all those who do not have the game available yet, but if enough of you do send in a specific request for it, they may see a valid reason to take the risk and invest more money in acquiring the copyrights they need, and funding development to be completed sooner.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

marck13

@KittenKoder
Absolutely! Thanks for your comment on that. Personally I do understand a lot about economics but very little about law and (copy)rights in such cases, so this insight is very welcome. BTW very cool Blog you got there! And very up to date topics, I must read into it when i have some time.

If any one likes to write and push them too, on the homepage they have a contact form (that's where I wrote to them): http://www.ghostlight.uk.com/contact.html
Same with MarvelousAQL Europe, I "requested Rune Factory 4 from them" here: http://www.maqleurope.com/wordpress/contact/

marck13

WYLD-WOO

@mch - Alright fella, top man for doing that, I`ll be sending the same emails as you. Really hope someone picks it up and we get to see this little gem in the EU sometime soon.

WYLD-WOO

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3796-6485 | Nintendo Network ID: WYLD-WOO

LyIa

I really hope you guys get it! It would suck if my favorite spinoff series wad canned. Support! I'll send emails if you want me too.

all men are kings 👑

marck13

I guess the more people write to MarvelousAQL Europe and Ghostlight the better. It can only help!
And it's really easy to do so with the contact forms they have on their webpages.

marck13

HandheldGuru97

Almost done with the 1st story arc. Such an amazing game, sucks Europe is gonna miss out on this gem . Easily the one of the best 3DS games I have played thus far. Now back to grinding......

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

LzWinky

Moorpheel wrote:

I will get some prepaid cards today and I'm considering downloading this.

How good is it? Any opinions?

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Prof_Clayton

Moorpheel wrote:

I wasn't expecting it to be as addicting as it is honestly.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

marck13

Unca_Lz wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

Untitled

Okay, that's just plain mean, considering that we here in Europe still pray to EVER be holding this gem in our hands.. :-/

marck13

Eel

It really is as good as they said! Glad I decided to download it instead of Hometown Story.

They obviouly had a lot of fun translating this one.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Super_Gravy

Jaz007 wrote:

Sweet, I just read that some of the monsters you defeat turn into nice potional spouses. This game just keeps getting better and better.

This is just so weird to me. It like saying, "I almost kill you but we should date!" kinda things.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

Eel

Super_Gravy wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Sweet, I just read that some of the monsters you defeat turn into nice potional spouses. This game just keeps getting better and better.

This is just so weird to me. It like saying, "I almost kill you but we should date!" kinda things.

It makes more sense in-game, but spoilers.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.