Forums

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Posts 18,201 to 18,220 of 18,270

GuSolarFlare

ashlyquin wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

ashlyquin wrote:

QUESTION:
Can a female Oshwatt breed with a male Herdier with Scrappy or Sand Rush ability and obtain the ability?

Thank you.

No it doesn't work like that. Abilities don't breed over like egg moves.

Ahhh, thank you.

except hidden abilities, those might be passed down(but the chances are somewhat low)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Bolt_Strike

ashlyquin wrote:

QUESTION:
Can a female Oshwatt breed with a male Herdier with Scrappy or Sand Rush ability and obtain the ability?

Thank you.

Breeding a female Oshawott with anything at this point will only give it Torrent.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

GuSolarFlare wrote:

ashlyquin wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

ashlyquin wrote:

QUESTION:

Thank you.

Ahhh, thank you.

except hidden abilities, those might be passed down(but the chances are somewhat low)

Only the female actually passes the hidden ability.

For example..

Male+Male HA Snivy=won't breed durr
Female+Female HA snivy=join them
Male HA snivy+Female Overgrow snivy=100% overgrows
Male Overgrow snivy+Female HA snivy=80% chance of HA passing down. (The female has a 80% chance of passing the same ability. 20% goes to the other possible ability/ies)
Male Contrary spinda+Female Overgrow snivy=100% overgrows.
Ditto+HA male snivy=80%Contrary (Ditto copies and acks as the female as if it were HA)
Ditto+HA Female snivy=80%contrary

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Stomatopod17 I thought the male could pass it on if breeding with a Ditto

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Araquanid

GuSolarFlare wrote:

@Stomatopod17 I thought the male could pass it on if breeding with a Ditto

Edited in xD

Yeah dittos will pass down HA if the male/female it's breeding with has it.

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Stomatopod17 wrote:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

ashlyquin wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

ashlyquin wrote:

QUESTION:

Thank you.

Ahhh, thank you.

For example..

Male Overgrow snivy+Female HA snivy=80% chance of HA passing down.

Actually, a male can pass down the HA now if he breeds with Ditto, but from what I heard it's a lower chance than if the female has it. I don't remember the exact percentages in 6th gen, though, I'll have to look that up (I do remember that a female had a 40% in 5th gen though, did they raise that in 6th gen?).

At any rate though, he mentioned Oshawott, and Oshawott's HA hasn't been released yet.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

ashlyquin wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

ashlyquin wrote:

QUESTION:

Thank you.

Ahhh, thank you.

For example..

Male Overgrow snivy+Female HA snivy=80% chance of HA passing down.

Actually, a male can pass down the HA now if he breeds with Ditto, but from what I heard it's a lower chance than if the female has it. I don't remember the exact percentages in 6th gen, though, I'll have to look that up (I do remember that a female had a 40% in 5th gen though, did they raise that in 6th gen?).

I already edited in the dittos before GuSolarFlare even brought it up. I'm getting ninja'd here!

"Starting in Black 2 and White 2, there is an 80% chance that the Ability slot of the female will be passed to the baby. For example, when breeding a female Pinsir with Hyper Cutter, the resultant Pinsir has an 80% chance of having Hyper Cutter rather than Mold Breaker. This chance does not apply if Ditto is used as either parent.

In Generation VI, any Pokémon, including male and genderless Pokémon, can pass down their Hidden Ability when bred with Ditto. Ditto's Ability is irrelevant to inheritance. If the male is bred with another Pokémon from the same egg group, Hidden Abilities will not be passed down"

Source http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_breeding

True it's unreleased but if he got one over wondertrade or something it's still possible. (or hack one using powersaves like I did)

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Bolt_Strike

Stomatopod17 wrote:

I already edited in the dittos before GuSolarFlare even brought it up. I'm getting ninja'd here!

"Starting in Black 2 and White 2, there is an 80% chance that the Ability slot of the female will be passed to the baby. For example, when breeding a female Pinsir with Hyper Cutter, the resultant Pinsir has an 80% chance of having Hyper Cutter rather than Mold Breaker. This chance does not apply if Ditto is used as either parent.

In Generation VI, any Pokémon, including male and genderless Pokémon, can pass down their Hidden Ability when bred with Ditto. Ditto's Ability is irrelevant to inheritance. If the male is bred with another Pokémon from the same egg group, Hidden Abilities will not be passed down"

I checked Bulbapedia and they don't seem to be very sure about the odds of passing down HAs in 6th gen.

Stomatopod17 wrote:

True it's unreleased but if he got one over wondertrade or something it's still possible. (or hack one using powersaves like I did)

It has to be hacked either way, which means he shouldn't be using it.

Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

I checked Bulbapedia and they don't seem to be very sure about the odds of passing down HAs in 6th gen.

IME it seems the same, during my shiny breeding I often see more pokemon with the ability I'm using than the opposite ability. HA is a little different, but this may be because the only ones I breed with HA often have 2 regular abilities lowering the odds.

My Shinies

Araquanid

That's what the japanese cyber does. Pokegens gen 6 pokemon.. including mega evolutions. You need to have a japanese 3ds, x/y, and the device.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Bolt_Strike

LOL at Mega Mewtwo X Mega Evolving into Mega Mewtwo Y.

Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Target

Untitled

I started breeding this a couple days ago actually. I've hatched around 300 eggs so far and put knock off on it. This is one pok-

OH NEVERMIND MEGA BEEDRILL!

Target

Untitled

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

foodmetaphors

i'm stoked, i love pidgey and beedrill but obviously they're useless in battling so hopefully this helps their viability and more importantly i wanna see a mega for butterfree and I wouldn't mind a raticate as well.

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9105-7282 | Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

Araquanid

I wonder how mega butterfree would even work.. consituring it'll need focus sash or something to live any hit.

(beedrill)

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 382-451 (140.9 - 166.4%) — guaranteed OHKO
44+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 211-249 (77.8 - 91.8%) — guaranteed 2HKO

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Araquanid

LAST EGG OF THE NIGHT!

Untitled
Male
31/31/31/x/31/31 PERFECT!!!
Jolly nature

Doesn't have HA unforunantly but it doesn't even matter anyway.. at what point will it be using swarm or sniper anyway? It'll be having too much fun with adaptability!

I am THRILLED!!! 3rd perfect IV shiny (first being galvantula, second being the accidental hawlucha)

OH YEAH..

I lost count how many mienfoo I hatched.. however I kept track where I started. 9,600 and the mega beedrill announcement hype interrupted that.. soo don't know if I can really just count how many eggs I hatched for a shiny just from there being different pokemon.. but cutting to the case, between mienfoo and weedle, my egg hatch total is:

10,115!!!!

My Shinies

Araquanid

@Xtremetdifan, @GuSolarFlare, @ShadowFox254
Ok so I need some of your guys opinions..

Should I breed..

Pidgeot
Keen eye
31/31/x/31/x/31 (or 6 IV if possible..)
Hasty/naive/timid
Hidden power... idk? Ground? Grass? Maybe ground is better for heatran..

This is what I had in mind

Pidgeot @Pidgeotite
252 SpA, 252 Spe
?Nature, Keen eye->no guard
u-turn
hurricane
hidden power ground
Tailwind/heat wave (I know the later is a move tutor move.. )

or is it too early? I wanted to get some of the stuff bred so as soon as I beat oras I can slap a team together

EDIT: Actually big pecks is better than keen eye.. keen eye prevent accuracy drop which, derp, no guard

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Pokefanmum82

I can't wait to get the shiny Gengar. Hopefully I can get it next week.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Wheeler

MegaBeedrill wrote:

@Xtremetdifan, @GuSolarFlare, @ShadowFox254
Ok so I need some of your guys opinions..

Should I breed..

Pidgeot
Keen eye
31/31/x/31/x/31 (or 6 IV if possible..)
Hasty/naive/timid
Hidden power... idk? Ground? Grass? Maybe ground is better for heatran..

This is what I had in mind

Pidgeot @Pidgeotite
252 SpA, 252 Spe
?Nature, Keen eye->no guard
u-turn
hurricane
hidden power ground
Tailwind/heat wave (I know the later is a move tutor move.. )

or is it too early? I wanted to get some of the stuff bred so as soon as I beat oras I can slap a team together

EDIT: Actually big pecks is better than keen eye.. keen eye prevent accuracy drop which, derp, no guard

Sorry for the late response. Being busy with my college courses. Let's take a look at Bird Jesus. If you want you can run a naïve one with max speed and 132 on Atk and the rest on Sp. Atk to be more mixed. The moves you have are good, you can run Brave Bird instead of Hurricane if you want, not to mention HP Ice to be a Dragon slayer, and I'd run Heat Wave for the nasty Steel types (looking at you, Ferrothorn).

Wheeler

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.