Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 3,958

Pokefanmum82

sorry but i didn't know that

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Pokefanmum82

the league looks amazing. i'm glad I can battle famous trainers. The rest of the guardians look amazing too. Can't wait for these games to come out. My hype is through the roof

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Haru17

Why is is ghost type tho...? Ah well, I'm water this gen anyway.

I like the Battle Tree. It reminds me of Mt. Battle from Pokemon XD, which was my favorite singleplayer challenge. It gave you a sense of literally ascending, so I hope that's here too.

And Cosmog is bae.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Aozz101x

for anyone who has not seen the trailer yet.
Red and Blue are in the game!? yes! and we can team up with them. that's pretty cool! : D
anyways im excited to pre-order this game soon. , going with grass, (as always)

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Marakuto

It seems like Red and Blue are atleast in their early 20s now compared to late teens in their B2/W2 appearance and design. Red seems to love dying his hair constantly too.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

TensaZangetsu309

@Haru17
The way I thought of Ghost making sense is the Rangers of legend (like Aragorn from Lord of The Rings). Powerful hunters that can move through any terrain both swiftly and silently, occasionally causing them to be called "Ghosts among the Trees" (this thing may actually beat my love for Torterra and Venusaur, putting it at Number 1 of my starter list)
As for Littens final evo, I'm happy for the people who didn't want a fire/fighting starter, but I still am not fond of it. I don't like cats and they usually don't like me, plus I usually find the fire type to be over used in general. I'm not that big on Charizard, don't like Typhlosion, Blaizekin with it's mega is kinda cool, but I much prefer my Grass Dragon Sceptile, Infernape is okay if it has it's Iron Fist ability, I hate Emboar, and I didn't play X and Y, but Delphox, being part psychic (my ultimate favorite type) makes it seem okay.
And we all knew Popplio was gonna be a water fairy.
I love the Guardians and their Z Moves (gonna especially need the psychic and grass ones)
And a chance to fight an older, and possibly even better, Red and Blue? Hell ya!
I'm curious about the league though. They are building it in the trailer, so will it be post game? Or will we see a Sun and Moon 2 (or possibly Eclipse) featuring the traditional league?

Edited on by TensaZangetsu309

Grass Starters for life!
Will trade anything that's actually fair.

Araquanid

uh-oh...

We datamined the signiture moves of those starters...

And apparently those are not the moves we saw. Either those moves we saw are new moves in general others will be getting... or something else isn't being shown properly... or both.

I'm really upset with Primarina.. that signiture move heals the burns of what it hits, it supports enemy pokemon. This is like running a damaging heal pulse in VGC, this move put Primarina back in the dirt... but HOPEFULLY its hidden ability and other movepool is good and that new reflect screen move from the datamine are given to it. Water/Fairy is super strong typing if its bulky enough to back the typing up (azurmaril being unstoppable anyone?)

I really want Primarina to be good, after seeing her in-game she looks so majestic. Definitely starting her regardless and soft resetting for a female before I continue beyond that point.

So they show off "lunaala's pre-evo" but not solgaleos... this is getting interesting. Now they just flat out are trying to throw us off.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Loved the smug grin on the trainer's face during that Z-Move lol. Love the final evos of the starters, and was not expecting Grass/Ghost. Also, the Battle Tree looks awesome. Wonder what other trainers will be there.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TheLegendOfLaser

I really liked this trailer. Decidueye has really grown on me from its in-game animations. Incineroar and Primarina are also amazing designs too! But, when it comes down to it, I'm gonna go Litten in Pokémon Sun. And if I get Pokémon Moon, then I'm gonna pick Popplio. I'll also go male in Sun, while going female in Moon. It'll probably look like my profile pic, as I want to go with dark hair on the male trainer and blond hair on the female trainer.

"Squirtle!" - Squirtle
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Super Mario 3D World, SSB4, and Paladins.

Eel

Ok that new trailer was awesome. I was expecting them to just show off the leaked pokemon but wow.

I love that they finally redesigned red and blue to look a bit older. And they apparently take vacations together now.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Araquanid

I just noticed Persian gets fur coat...

This isn't even funny, that's kinda op. It's Furfrou 2.0, it's only a matter of it can learn cotton guard but even so it has access to foul play which is a big plus over Furfrou who has no threatening qualities.

Alolan Persian is naturally bulkier than steelix... without investment.

Also I guarantee Tapu Lele will be on every single team. I know for sure I'm running it on almost all my teams because it makes so many pokemon good again. No priority moves for 5 turns? I can make anything sweep! Everything that got destroyed at team preview by talonflame has no more worries! There's actually answers for a +4 mega scizor and Prankster users.

Putting Tapu Lele on all my teams will let me enjoy so much more, I hated gen 6 cause everything felt like it was completely irrelevant to use fun mons and required an entire team built around the one mon you like just to deal with 1 or 2 mons that exist to shut them down but now it looks like everything is given a chance.

Meowpheel wrote:

And they apparently take vacations together now.

Untitled

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

FriedSquid

So I only watched the first portion of the trailer, just the parts with the final starter evos cause I wanted to see them in action so I could decide on a starter. Gonna try to keep everything else after that unspoiled for myself (may not show up in the thread much then lol)

Honestly, ever since those leaks first appeared all three of their designs have really grown on me. In fact I think these are my favorite trio ever since Gen 4, since I really didn't care for the Gen 5 and 6 starter evos — Serperior and Greninja are the only of those that I like.

Incineroar, thankfully, is not Fighting type which would have disappointed me. Though its cartoony, un-pawlike fingers bug me, the design is pretty fun and silly so I like it. I still don't think I'll choose Popplio but Primarina has a cute/pretty design, and I'm glad we got a Fairy type starter this gen.

All that being said, I think I'm still gonna stick with Rowlet, partially just for my love of Grass types. Decidueye (did I spell that right? D:) is a strange name, but I'm still liking its design. Also love that it has drawstrings for its hood too. The only thing that has me puzzled is its Ghost typing, it's shocking that it wasn't Flying type and it doesn't seem to have ghostly features at all. I'm wondering if they did that so it would have a double weakness against Incineroar.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Tyranexx

Hmm...I'm torn after this trailer. I like Incineroar, but Decidueye also looks wickedly tempting. All four guardians look cool, and Gar-Persian looks awesome too!

And Red's just as silent as ever...XD. I love how both he and Blue are clearly in their 20s. It kind of reminds me that I'm also in my twenties....

Also, Incineroar reminds me vaguely of Eggman.

I played the demo last night, and that plus today's trailer has me beyond hyped for these games!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

I'm totally gonna catch an Alola Meowth and call it Nermal.

Alola Persian looks a bit better in motion, but I think the body should be a bit fluffier. Like... A Persian cat.

Bloop.

Calllack

I'm seriously annoyed by Primarina's signature move as well. This has made me rethink my decision on the starter. Especially since Decidueye is amazing. Like, seriously.

~~~~

Calllack

My Nintendo: Cal | Nintendo Network ID: Calllack

Eel

Healing your enemy from a burn can have bad effects for them. I mean, it's rare but it can happen.

For starters there's pokemon that get stronger or faster from status ailments, and then there's situations where a burn is better for them than other status ailments.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Octane

Or to heal a Water Absorb team mate that got burned. It's situational, but who cares? As long as the base power of the move is good enough. It's still probably less than Surf though..

Octane

Eel

The two new Pokémon Generations episodea are easily my favorites so far.

The first focuses on Gabby and Ty being extreme journalists and the other one is about the Old Chateau.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Araquanid

@Octane Water Absorb would cancel the burn heal affect. Its basically treated like it has no affects (there is no crit, damage, or miss math it simply just heals if it targets). Same for storm drain.

Wake-up slap doesn't wake up ghost types with immunities so neither would this heal burns from water immunities.

@DarthNocturnal there's not that many guts pokemon in this game (none that are "meta" as well) and it wouldn't exactly be an optimal move to run for bonus damage when a scald/hydro pump+burn damage would be enough to ohko most guts users or go 1 for 1.

0 SpA Milotic Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Swellow: 205-243 (78.5 - 93.1%) — guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage

The only way this gimmick would work would be if primarina's hidden ability was serene grace, (double scald burn chance) and ran both scald and the new move and be a nuke+status spreader.

I'm hoping its less offensive and more tanky though... a water fairy bulky pokemon would be amazing. Hoping it gets that new aurora veil and some kind of recovery move. I'll be really disappointed if its offensive since its typing isn't the best offensive typing, and it'd probably be way to slow for sweeps like serperior. The most it could do offensively is nuke everything but we have dragalge who can 2 shot everything in the game with adaptability.

slightly off topic, but charjabug is confirmed to evolve into vikavolt at level 40.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.