Forums

Topic: 3DS Ocarina of Time Remake!

Posts 281 to 300 of 733

rolLTheDice

TokyoRed wrote:

BTW I haven't played Spirit Tracks yet. Is it as good as Phantom Hourglass?

I enjoyed it quite a bit more. PH's towns felt a bit empty to me and it didn't have many exciting things except for Linebeck and the well exucuted controls. That was much better in Spirit Tracks in my opinion.
And if you don't hate the idea of "slowly" going from town to town by a relatively set path per train i think you can't go wrong there.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

warioswoods

PH sailing > ST train
PH boat customization > ST train customization
PH online multiplayer >>> ST wireless multiplayer
ST dungeons >> PH dungeons
ST puzzles >> PH puzzles

That being said, I actually loved the speed-run aspect of the recurring temple in the first game.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

TeeJay

Also, Spirit Tracks has a much better story and a feature in which you can battle tons of enemies and all the bosses over and ove again if you want. (Including a surprise at the end. :3)

Plus, you don't have to go through the same dungeon over and over and over and over and over and there's no time limit, which, much unlike Wario, I HATE WITH A BURNING PASSION.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

RoyalBlur

WOW! Thanks guys. I really did enjoy playing Phantom Hourglass (especially the witches of the fog boat scenario) and I'd been kind of iffy wiffy on buying Spirit Tracks but now I'm going to go all out on a limb to get it. Thanks for you guys help.

Now if only Nintendo could create Zelda cartoon! Ugh!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

romulux

if you guys haven't seen it yet this video is on the nintendo channel. it's pretty low res but it's the best i've seen of this game yet, you really need it in motion to appreciate how good it looks:
[youtube:NR1pdOX_gQE&feature=player_embedded]

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Kid_A

Spirit Tracks is my all-time favorite handheld Zelda. Anyone who hasn't played it should definitely give it a shot before OoT3D comes out

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

TeeJay

romulux wrote:

if you guys haven't seen it yet this video is on the nintendo channel. it's pretty low res but it's the best i've seen of this game yet, you really need it in motion to appreciate how good it looks:

Um, it's hard for anyone visiting this site not to have seen that video. It's top of the front page news.
http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/05/get_another_taste_of...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

warioswoods

We still don't have confirmation as to whether the Master Quest will be open immediately or not.

If it only opens after a first playthrough and no unlocking cheat code exists, I'll have to pass on this purchase. It simply isn't worth replaying the entire game so soon (I did so on VC) before reaching the new and remixed content.

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

TheActivityLog

warioswoods wrote:

We still don't have confirmation as to whether the Master Quest will be open immediately or not.

If it only opens after a first playthrough and no unlocking cheat code exists, I'll have to pass on this purchase. It simply isn't worth replaying the entire game so soon (I did so on VC) before reaching the new and remixed content.

I'm quite sure you need to beat the game first, and then the Master Quest will be unlocked. So, if you're a hardcore Zelda fan and feel like challenging the MIRROR(!!!!) map, then be my guest!

Oh yeah, Spirit Tracks has a better storyline...that's about it. Phantom Hourglass is much better to get from place to place; but Spirit Tracks put PH's puzzles in the dirt.

LET THE FIGHTING COMMENCE!

No 3DS games yet, but I'm searching for some friends!
FC: 0688-5315-1722
Where the heck is Pikmin 3 and where did Animal Crossing 3DS go running away at?

noname001

Master Quest needs to be unlocked by beating the game once.

Also, Spirit Tracks and Minish Cap are the only Zelda games I haven't played... hmmmm... I probably should get on that.

noname001

CanisWolfred

I wasn't aware Phantom Hourglass had anything remotely redeeming about it. I haven't played Spirit Tracks yet, but I'm almost certain it's a better game, since as far as I can tell, they only direction they had to go was up.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

spirit tracks also has a soundtrack that's actually worth listening to and doesn't rely on a half-dozen songs (half of which suck) for half the game. More complete and better story, better dungeons etc and feels more like a full Zelda experience. If your problems were with the basic gameplay and controls though, don't bother as they are the same.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

bonesy91

I to adore Spirit tracks (though one phase in the final boss has to be the most annoying part given the controls) like @kkslider5552000 said: "It feels more like a full Zelda experience" that is 100% true.

Cheers
(Oh, and coles theme is one of my top favorite songs from the series)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

TeeJay

bonesy91 wrote:

I to adore Spirit tracks (though one phase in the final boss has to be the most annoying part given the controls) like @kkslider5552000 said: "It feels more like a full Zelda experience" that is 100% true.

Cheers
(Oh, and coles theme is one of my top favorite songs from the series)

Even though I beat the game already, I'm currently stuck on the part of the final boss you mentioned. I keep running out of space! D: It's annoying the heck out of me! I died like, 7 times before I gave up. How the heck did I beat that section so easily the first time around...?!

Edited on by TeeJay

warioswoods

I suppose I'll wait for used, completed copies to show up and then just use their file to access the Master Quest.

SpicyDuck

I'm cool with beating the game one more time before playing the master's quest. It gives the game more replay value. I'm excited to see what kind of preorder prize us in America are going to have.

3DS Name: Ace FC: 0946-2234-2203
Pokemon White FC: 5114-3791-1792
Graphics don't matter.

romulux

hyrule field is definitely better:
Untitled

the water temple changes go beyond using the touchscreen for iron boots. they've color-coded the doorways and halls to help you find the water control points:
Untitled
looks kind of ugly to me, but it should save some frustration.

master quest is also mirrored, which should increase the replay value for those of us who have already beaten the game a few times over.
Untitled

http://www.gamexplain.com/article-424-1305158680-the-legend-o...

LordJumpMad

Really?
Masterquest is just a mirror of the game?
I was thinking, it was going to be harder.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

romulux

^it is, enemies do double damage and temples are rearranged.

SpicyDuck

romulux wrote:

^it is, enemies do double damage and temples are rearranged.

YES!!! Sounds like a challenge for a master to me! June 17th can't get here fast enough!

3DS Name: Ace FC: 0946-2234-2203
Pokemon White FC: 5114-3791-1792
Graphics don't matter.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.