Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 5,926

FattyWhale_42

Morpheel wrote:

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Did you guys get dropped from that last one, or was it just me?

I went ahead and finished it anyway.

It was only you, that must've been hard to beat with a bowgun!

That's odd, because there wasn't any indication that I lost my internet connection. :/

And I've beaten him by myself with a (much lower level) HBG before.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

FattyWhale_42

Morpheel wrote:

All alone? Without the cats to distract him?

Whoa.

No, they were with me. I meant without another player.

FattyWhale_42

Joeynator3000

Anyways sometime this week we'll hunt Dalamadur (well, I haven't unlocked him yet, but yeah), might just stick with one other person, though.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jazzer94

JaxonH wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

That was a tough quest wasn't it? My goodness. I was NOT ready for what we were up against. Who would've thought two little Kirins could wreak so much havoc? I knew it was tough, but I also knew it was still just a high rank quest. HUGE lapse of judgement. I'd rather solo an Apex Deviljho than do that quest alone...

Yeah it was tough as hell, and I knew it would be going in, considering we went on that quest once and triple carted pretty much immediately. But I was at a special disadvantage because my armor was weak to both electricity and ice! I was able to gem in and eat for electric defense but that still left me weak to ice.

The quest felt tough to me mainly because how mobile they were and how they'd cover each other consistently, once we killed one it got much more bearable. The armour I had at the time also didn't help matters.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Spoony_Tech

Finally beat the Caravaneer's Challenge. Only had to abandon like 5 times total lol. 2 fails as well.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Is this just me, or does anyone else feel like they're gonna pass out every time Gore goes into Frenzied Mode? xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

I need a challenge. A real challenge. I'm thinking I might try to solo the final G-rank Advanced: Monster Hunter quest or something. Idk. I just recall MH3U having a TON more multi-monster quests in G rank. Like, 3-4 monsters in a quest. In fact I think most of 8 star was advanced multi monster quests.

Maybe I'll take the gunlance out for a tutorial spin real quick seeing as I already have a wicked Rare 10 gunlance and try to learn it, or maybe I'll go look up a top Lance and work on crafting it, get back into lancing or something. I just didn't dig the charge blade. But if I could swap out Guard for HG Earplugs (seeing as you can block roars), I'd have a nice little set up- Evasion+3, Evade Extend, Sharp+1, and some guard skills.

Off to learn the different guard skills and what they do I guess...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Iggly

@JaxonH If you want a real challenge, try hunting a G-Rank monster without any armor on.

Also if you're going to try out the Gunlance, you don't really need evasion tbh since it has less evasion hops than the Lance so you're usually better off having Guard+2 and just block the attack. You'd want to be using those points for some other skills like Artillery God and Razor Sharp. Even Sharpness +1 isn't a necessary skill since the shells from the Gunlance aren't affected by Sharpness +1.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Astraea

@JaxonH: You can trying soloing a level 140 Guild Quest. I've seen people do it before.

Astraea

JaxonH

Iggly wrote:

@JaxonH If you want a real challenge, try hunting a G-Rank monster without any armor on.

Also if you're going to try out the Gunlance, you don't really need evasion tbh since it has less evasion hops than the Lance so you're usually better off having Guard+2 and just block the attack. You'd want to be using those points for some other skills like Artillery God and Razor Sharp. Even Sharpness +1 isn't a necessary skill since the shells from the Gunlance aren't affected by Sharpness +1.

I was more referring to the normal Lance since I've had some prior experience with it already. But that's good to know for the gunlance, since I'm thinking I'll pick up Lance again (substituting Guard Up for Evade Extend and Guard+2 for HG Earplugs, the combination of full guarding skills with Evasion+3 seems like a killer combination) and maybe once I get good enough with it I'll move on to the Gunlance afterward.

And ya, I remember the naked run for Deviljho in MH3U. I actually cleared that quest- I used to play that game so much every day that I learned Deviljho's move set like the back of my hand. Not sure if I'll ever be as good as I was in my MH3U heyday. I've become pampered with these better talismans, better defense and skill sets.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Neptune That's not a bad idea. And it would be a real challenge, no doubt. I'm not even confident I could do a 140 solo tbh. Probably with some practice. Depends on the monster really. Some monsters Im very attuned to their move sets, others not so much.

Astraea

I've been trying to level up my lv 136 Deviljho Guild Quest but I haven't had much luck finding a team that can beat him.

Edited on by Astraea

Astraea

JaxonH

Neptune wrote:

I've been trying to level up my Deviljho Guild Quest but I haven't had much luck finding a team that can beat him. He becomes Apex at level 136 and beyond.

You found your team. Me, you and @Iggly have reached nothing short of goon squad status. Deviljho ain't the only one who hit Apex at 136

Put me in, I'm ready for a good hunt. Care to join @Iggly?

Iggly

Sure I can join, though give me 10 minutes or so since I gotta take a shower.

Joeynator3000

Mmmm....shooooowerrrr.....owo
in b4 Iggly's a guy, lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

FattyWhale_42

If you want, I can lend my HBG to your cause.

FattyWhale_42

Astraea

Alright, I'll make the room then. Be sure to pick up the items at the entrance and take a pickaxe since the quest is currently rare.

Gathering Hall ID:09-7410-7721-3140. Pass: 333.

Astraea

JaxonH

What happened? We had the perfect team and everyone exited the game

Iggly

We lost connection, or I at least did.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.