Forums

Topic: How long until the 3ds dies?

Posts 341 to 360 of 396

Ninfan

There's some new digital releases on 3DS eshop

Ninfan

Noconfidenceman

I think the 3DS will have a long tail and become really popular again as a retro system as it has an amazing library and can play both ds and 3ds games giving it one of the biggest games ever games libraries.

I’ve just beat SMT IV on the 3ds and I really liked it, I’ve picked up another new 3ds XL so that makes 3 that I have. I think now is the time to comb stores for games and to fill out your library. I’ve picked up a lot of atlus games in their recent reprint run (technically NIS America in Europe). I’m also picking up the downloaded games I got with various systems like the Marios and Zeldas as I don’t know if the eshop will stick around forever.

Noconfidenceman

RubyCarbuncle

Not anytime soon. I may not play on it as much as I used to but it still gets a lot of attention put it that way. Besides I still have a really large backlog to get through so plenty of life left in the old bird yet.

Edited on by RubyCarbuncle

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

MarcusIsCool

@Noconfidenceman oh I really like the long tail comment, and the fact that one day it will become popular retro console. I really agree. Any clues as to how SMT 4 compares to strange journey?? Because I liked strange journey a lot. Maybe I can get back to SMT.

@RubyCarbuncle ya. I’ve had mine for a long time and I do play it when I need to though.

I like games and I know computer programming

Noconfidenceman

@MarcusIsCool Thanks Marcus

I've only played a little bit of Strange Journey so take everything I say with a pinch of salt.

I really like the Demon fusion/customisation mechanics in SMTIV, abilities transfer over more easily to the main character as well after a Demon reaches a certain level.From what I've played of Strange Journey and V, IV just seems to be a little bit more straight forward in regards to fusion.

SMTIV is pretty hard in the opening 5-10 hours, but the game evens out after that and becomes a lot more straight forward. I probably had more difficulty with one of the opening bosses than 90% of the other bosses excluding the final few bosses which were tough as I was slightly under leveled.

It's pretty light on story though there are a few interesting twists and turns, I will say that the map in SMTIV is a bit of a mess and it can be difficult to traverse as everything kind of blends into each other, but you can just watch a youtube video/use a guide for directions.

If you're looking to get back into SMT I think IV is a pretty good place to start

Noconfidenceman

Cynas

Well, the time is fast approaching

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Tyranexx

Pasting the main info here with dates/time frames in bold, though not the QA section (Appreciate the heads up @Cynas):

Nintendo wrote:

As of late March 2023, it will no longer be possible to make purchases in Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. It will also no longer be possible to download free content, including game demos. Furthermore, as this date draws closer, related services will cease to function:

• As of May 23, 2022, it will no longer be possible to use a credit card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
  • As of August 29, 2022, it will no longer be possible to use a Nintendo eShop Card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. However, it will still be possible to redeem download codes until late March 2023.

Users who link their Nintendo Network ID wallet (used with Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems) with their Nintendo Account wallet (used with the Nintendo Switch family of systems) can use the shared balance to purchase content on any of these systems until late March 2023. After that, the balance can only be used to purchase content for the Nintendo Switch family of systems.

No changes are planned for Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch family of systems.

The changes to Nintendo eShop on Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems will simultaneously take effect in software on these platforms where it is possible to make purchases, such as StreetPass Mii Plaza, Theme Shop and Nintendo Badge Arcade.

Even after late March 2023, and for the foreseeable future, it will still be possible to redownload games and DLC, receive software updates and enjoy online play on Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

We thank you for supporting Nintendo eShop on Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. While we hope that you will continue to enjoy using these systems, we have taken this opportunity to prepare a website where you can look back on your time with them via various play statistics. Please visit https://my-nintendo-3ds-wiiu-memories.nintendo.com/.

I've been meaning to compile a list of the stragglers I still want on both eShops. I should get on that soon.

Edit: Here's a thread of (mostly) system exclusives to help anyone else get started.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

Late march 2023 😃

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

MsJubilee

Well, I better start buying all my old 3DS games.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MarcusIsCool

Ya better research games that people want. Otherwise no more access to them.

I like games and I know computer programming

iLikeUrAttitude

Welp I guess today answers the question to my thread.

The 3Ds will go down as one of the greatest consoles of all time with a library to go with it.
It still remains to be my favorite console period and even with it dying that won't change it.

I recommend everyone with a 3Ds to futureproof it by homebrewing it so you still have access to its games after the eshop closes.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

NintendoByNature

Holy smokes. I just panicked for a second and thought we were in 2023 lol. Nonetheless, I need to shift my purchases in high fear.

Having said that, I just got a haul from my wife. FE: conquest, FE: Shadows, Pokémon Moon.

There's still quite a few I need to grab before then. But with this year being pretty stacked, it'll be hard to shift my funds around for 3ds and wii u.

NintendoByNature

SnackPop

I get the sinking feeling that physical 3DS games will start to skyrocket in price once the eShop is closed.

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

Eel

I do wonder though, for how long will it be possible to do system transfers?

That’s a pretty important feature.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Magician

Well here's to the beginning of the end.

Perhaps not my all-time favorite portable (PS Vita) but a very close second.

Good night, sweet prince.
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
The Eshop voucher card can be used until 29 August 2022 ??
Gosh, my time is very short. 😱
I have to add fund at least $30 to get Yokai Watch 3 USA digital version.

Anti-Matter

Kestrel

They're not shutting down the eShop, just disabling payments, right? So we should still be able to add money via Switch, and buy games after this deadline, right? Or am I misunderstanding?

Kestrel

SViper

I guessing even 3DS eShop closes fully it still be possible to play downloaded games, right?

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic