Forums

Topic: How long until the 3ds dies?

Posts 121 to 140 of 396

-Juice-

Windy wrote:

@OptometristLime

Nba2k=79.99
https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/nba-2k18-legen...
However I am wrong in the about the gaming prices. A majority of retail releases are 59.99 my mistake. But those extra joycons are gonna empty that bank account. I hope nintendo can get the price down on those at 79.99. At least there are 3rd party options now which are much cheaper. But if you have a Amazon Prime account you can get 10 dollars off every game pre order getting the price down to about 49.99 on every game you want. So yeah my mistake there. Best buy also has its Account club where you get 10 dollars off every new game. So where there is a will there is a way to save a little.

@Tarvaax its all over the internet at many websites just google "zelda 2018 3ds" https://www.zeldadungeon.net/rumor-a-new-zelda-game-is-coming...
Here is one site but its on many more. Im not going to be shocked if its true. I think Nintendo still has some big plans for 2ds and for 3ds. We might see less stereoscopic 3d though which would be a bummer. If that zelda game is not on the upcoming Direct.....well it was probably a hoax then. I just have this feeling we might get some great news for 3ds on this upcoming Direct. I mean think about it. The 3ds has the biggest user base right now out of every gaming machine. I would say the right games released for it would rake in big bucks. Nintendo wont pass on that.

That's baseless speculation. The rumor doesn't have a credible source. Furthermore, why would they remake Link's Awakening before ALttP? Sure, ALBW is a nice successor, but it doesn't have the same atmosphere, characters, and plot that people loved from that game.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Windy

@roy130390 well the 3ds outsold everything in 2017 in software sales. So people are in fact still buying 3ds software.

@link3710 I think I remedied my mistake already. But those extra Joycons for 79.99 is crazy. I like the Switch and the fact it gets about 10 new eshop games every week is impressive. For me at this time i simply cant afford it. It is by far the most expensive system to get setup decently if you want to be able to have friends join in and play. If I could afford it, I would have kept it. Zelda BotW was the best game I played this year.

@Tarvaax well when its announced on the next Nintendo Direct all i will say is I told you so. I think its going to happen we will see. I just have this gut feeling and the last time I looked, hoping isnt against the law . Wow people actually want the 3ds to die. I hope the next Direct sheds light on 5 new games and quiets these naysayers.

If the upcoming Nintendo Direct doesnt go well for 3ds I will be the first one to jump back in here and say its over. But if the Direct has some good news in regards to 3ds I will also be the first one in here to say Eat it! Naysayers lol

Edited on by Eel

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

SMEXIZELDAMAN

3DS lives baby!!!!!!!

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Windy

@Meowpheel got ya. Sorry about that. My old brain doesnt work as fast as it used too. LoL

Heres one for the Naysayers:
http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-on-3ds-movies-sleep-t...
That there is right from the chief. My gut is telling me there is more on the horizon for 3ds. Well maybe through the rest of this year anyway. You got to think another clue would be that the 2ds isnt very old. For those people who just jumped on board with 2ds maybe there are some more future plans to keep them happy.

@SmexiZeldaman Preach on Brother! I like that spunk!

Edited on by Windy

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

-Juice-

@Windy Because so many people are excited for the sleep tracking device. Truly the greatest thing you can get on the system. /s

The 2DS uses the hardware in the standard 3DS. The standard 3DS was extremely outdated from its release. The 3DS is six years old, and the 2DS is four years old. Nintendo can go on with its PR and reassure everyone that the 3DS will still be around, just like they did with the DS, the Gameboy Advance, and the Gameboy Color. The truth is that they've historically show us that they're likely to say one thing, while dropping support in the background. They'll continue to produce consoles and manufacture their current games library, but you shouldn't expect anything new.

Most dev teams they used to assign to the 3DS are most likely all working on Switch, the console that's meant to be everything the user needs it to be. Looking at the longterm, they've probably already planned out a budget model that'll come out within the next two years, and that model will be used to permanently phase out the 3DS in stores entirely. Almost every store I go to is clearing out its 3DS accessory stock, and hasn't replenished for months. The writing is on the wall. Don't be like GBA owners when the DS came out. You owe yourself more self-respect.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

JohnBlackstar

Speaking of stores and what is happening with the 3DS - all my local stores have not only killed their Wii U sections, but shrunk the 3DS sections to accommodate Switch games and merch. So I'm sure 3DS will not be long for this world if stores are not leaving space for it.

Edited on by JohnBlackstar

JohnBlackstar

Windy

@Tarvaax your right as much as I hate to think about it. More than likely I will get a switch, why, because I can't help myself lol. I've been gaming now for 42 years **yikes** I've never been able to help myself lol I will have to just pick up cream of the crop games for myself which means RPG's

Eel

I'll definitely have to pick up a switch eventually to continue my unhealthy obsession with Pokemon.

Hopefully they'll have some nice bundles or maybe even models by then.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eagle9

Nothing announced in Direct so sure is almost dead (with new games), fine by me - it will take awhile anyway till beaten all what been bought

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Seacliff

Nintendo has always supported their handhelds for a year or two after a successor was released. This isn't anything groundbreaking.

"Support" as a term is also very vague. Firmware updates is technically support.

Regardless, it's not like the 3DS was robbed of life even if no more first party titles are announced, March 2011 was nearly seven years ago. For those who actually think the current lineup is plentiful, I have trouble believing they owned the console back in 2013/14.

They'll keep it as long as it's printing decent money, or at least until they believe the Switch can carry the majority of the company on its own.

Seacliff

Eagle9

I have owned 3DS since 2012, so..

E: I checked and actually since 23.8.-11. My bad

Edited on by Eagle9

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

RatKing64

The fact that nothing was announced in the January Direct does not mean that nothing is coming to 3DS from Nintendo this year. Over the past couple of years Nintendo have tended to announce 3DS games only 3-4 months before they actually ship. In some cases it has been even shorter. I will not decide that 3DS is dead (new release wise) until E3 comes and goes with nothing major announced.

I agree with Windy that the rumored Zelda Link's Awakening remake is very possible. The idea that Grezzo is making it is credible. The idea that the project started right after Tri Force Heroes completed is credible. It would be cheap to produce using the LBW engine so it is not like it would be a big investment for Nintendo. Nintendo's first party 3DS games for most of 2016 and 2017 were made on the cheap. We had ports from Wii U, remakes of older games that could use existing game engines, or sequels to earlier 3DS releases that could use an existing game engine. A Zelda remake using the TBW engine and a Wario Land remake using the Chibi-Robo Zip Lash engine are totally in line with that. It could be totally bogus, but it is in no way unrealistic.

RatKing64

MrVariant

@JohnBlackstar until now fortunately. First party Nintendo sales and selects are cool. Shame about operation Cobra which looks unplayable. Why no GI Joe vs Cobra; remake original NES game would be awesome https://youtu.be/07Y9Q-vUe3M

MrVariant

NintyPricer

Given that it apparently had it's best month of sales in a long time I'm betting Nintendo keeps supporting it.

I still play mine everyday

NintyPricer - A web app I made for tracking Switch eShop prices and getting sale alerts.

MrVariant

@NintyPricer generally the switch overshadows it so badly, kinda like the opposite when the ps2 outsold PS3. But yeah there is some potential especially with sales and it is worth checking the Reddit for that too. Even after a bad run, you never know what will happen next. A lot happened since the thread was made, and my Nintendo
even gave a free game, toki toki
http:www.reddit.com/r/3dsdeals/new

MrVariant

skywake

@Windy

Windy wrote:

well the 3ds outsold everything in 2017 in software sales. So people are in fact still buying 3ds software.

Tagging you this time because you're repeating this even after I corrected you. Not only is this incorrect but it hasn't been true at any point for the 3DS. In Japan? Yes. But not globally. And even in Japan it dropped to 3rd on the hardware charts in 2017 behind the PS4 and Switch. To be specific since the 3DS has launched in terms of software globally has been ranked as follows:

2011: 6th
2012: 5th
2013: 3rd
2014: 4th
2015: 4th
2016: 3rd
2017: 4th

And for the entire picture:
Untitled

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Windy

@skywake well here is whats left. Its dead and im going to miss it. Switch is over pricing what I can afford so its onto my backlog on 3ds I will be buying Alliance Alive, Dragon Quest XI and Shin Megami Tensei Redux 2 of which are already pre ordered at Amazon:

Edited on by Windy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic