Forums

Topic: How long until the 3ds dies?

Posts 101 to 120 of 396

Razer

If by die you mean when will Nintendo stop supporting it with games? that will probably be at the end of 2018 or early 2019, although some 3rd parties and indies will most likely continue support well into 2020.

If you mean when it will be taken off shelves, well that wont be at least until 2020, there will more than likely be a final price cut towards the end of 2018. But the 3ds fills a very important market that the Switch wont be able to fill

You have to consider that the games even when new are reasonably priced, the console itself is very cheap now too and has over a thousand games. Parents will still opt to get a new 3ds/2ds as an entry level console for their kids, there is actually no other devices on the market that would achieve that and that market is actually quite big.

Edited on by Razer

Razer

Eagle9

Luckily i haven't bought any game that simply trash, although have downloaded so many.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Barbiegurl777

@Windy

I can afford the switch but i don't like the looks of the switch or any of the actual game line up it has so far.

As for Nintendo its self. I use to really love nintendo but after putting up with there customer service over the past few years with the 3ds. Not sure if i'll ever go back to nintendo after being long time customer for 28 years so far starting with the original NES & all the way up.

Not thrilled with the way nintendo treat there adult gamers verses kids gamers... i get they want kids to play there games but in the long run its still the adult forking over the money for the games.

When i started playing nintendo games i was a kid. I never out grew nintendo because i liked the games. What i didn't like as an adult was watching every little idiotic crap i post to miiverse for fear the nintendo police or some child with there hair crossed the wrong way was going to take what i said & report it like i was the bad guy regardless which did happen & i had to call nintendo & explain myself several times & then the stuff was marked as safe again because there was nothing wrong with certain things in the first place. Instead just some stupid punk kid trying to cause trouble for others.

Its crap like that where i feel like i'm on trial with nintendo having to explain myself over ridiculous stuff tha has also made me turn away from nintendo on certain levels.

Personally i liked the game systems much better with out the internet as opposed to with it...

Happy Gaming! 😊

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

Haruki_NLI

@Barbiegurl777 Last I checked Nintendo cant moderate what you post to Twitter and Facebook via Switch

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

darkfenrir

Or maybe can just not use the internet option and only use the eshop. Since you feel the internet part isn't much use to you... and it's bringing you much trouble, just... don't use it? I guess?

(Then again considering I don't use miiverse much, I have no idea how much fun it is)

darkfenrir

JohnBlackstar

I posted on Miiverse a lot and never had any issues like this. How did you get reported more than once and it made it to the point the Nintendo needed clarification? What did you post?

Call to Nintendo: "you saw that wrong. That was Samus in her zero suit."
Under breath with phone receiver covered: "as in zero clothing. Chuckle"

JohnBlackstar

Windy

@Barbiegurl777 I feel your pain Barbiegurl. It is hard to be a very adult Nintendo gamer the way Nintendo runs things. I was very upset when they shut down that first 3ds Chat program. It was great but then rumors came out that somebody had sent a picture of their private parts to a kid. I would be willing to bet it was a friend of the child who sent it since it was friend only chat. Swapnote that is it. After that you couldnt send messages to your friends. But they canned it immediately. These new prices for console games are killing me. 79.99 for games now on Switch and not to mention the prices for extra controllers. Another 79.99. I have loved the 3ds era but I think I will pass on the Switch era. My son has been begging me to get a PS4 and play Final Fantasy online with him. I might finally do that. Nintendo doesnt even offer us games like Final Fantasy online or (cough cough) Dragon Quest X for that matter. Dragon Quest X should have been released on Wii and WiiU. They keep those type of games in Japan. Monster Hunter is fun but its not an open world MMORPG. Its a phantasy Star online clone with alot more to do. They also should have released Fatal Frame on Wii. I guess I could go on like this for a while so I will stop. But I know how you feel.

Add: Zelda Breath of the Wild was the best game I played this year. Im really glad I got a chance to play it while I had the Switch. The DLC for botw was very lame but the game itself was just awesome. I might have a line on a free WiiU from my Nephew as he got a Switch for Christmas and has offered me his WiiU. I think I will take him up on that so I can play Breath of the Wild again. I would also like to play Assassins Creed III. I just love the history around the revolutionary war. Fascinating!

Edited on by Windy

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

Windy

Well there is going to be an announcement made very soon about a new Zelda game on 3ds so dont count it out just yet. We need these indie devs to bring some of these Switch shop releases to 3ds. There is still a huge and I do mean a huge 3ds user base. People are still playing the the little system that could.

Edited on by Windy

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

-Juice-

Windy wrote:

Well there is going to be an announcement made very soon about a new Zelda game on 3ds so dont count it out just yet. We need these indie devs to bring some of these Switch shop releases to 3ds. There is still a huge and I do mean a huge 3ds user base. People are still playing the the little system that could.

Where did you get this information?

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Barbiegurl777

@YummyHappyPills

The joke is on nintendo haha. I don't use any social media facebook, twitter etc. I have zero use for it! I understand it but don't feel the need to post every little thing about my life on the internet. The only reason i used miiverse was to mainly post drawings from my disney art 3ds game & some other art apps involving wii u & 3ds about art.

@Windy,

$80 a game?! Does nintendo think the gamers are rich? Wow... i thought $40 was steep for 3ds games... I'm passing on the Switch Era as well. Nintendo must want rich customers as opposed to everyone...

$80 is to rich for my blood espicially for EACH game... I'm going back to my second love which is mechanical / interactive dolls which granted as a young adult is more so a hobby by this point. Still 10 times cheaper than video games.

I have dusted off my old ps2 & started using it again. Half for dvd / movie watching & digging out old ps1 & ps2 games to play lol.

Btw if you go to half price books they sell the old ps1, ps2, ps3, ps4 games along with old ds games on the cheap. I love it. Years ago when the ps2 came out the games were really expensive at least in my own opinion back then now 10 odd years later there on the cheap lol. Glad i waited lol!

Happy Gaming! 😊

JohnBlackstar

@barbiegurl777

Forgive my ignorance and I promise I'm not trying to make fun or anything. What is an example of a mechanical/interactive doll?

JohnBlackstar

Vinny

The 3DS isn't allowed to die until they make WarioWare 3DS for it.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Windy

@Barbiegurl777 Thats funny cause I just recently hooked up my ps2 to play Persona 3 and 4. I never beat those games and have started on Persona 3. I have about 30 RPGs on my ps2 to play and a few racing games. Theres still some life left in it. happy gaming @Barbiegurl777

Windy

@Vinny its not quite dead. I have a feeling they have more to announce at the upcoming Nintendo Direct than just a new Zelda 3ds game. But there are now 7 releases coming in 2018 for 3ds and im betting that at least 5 new titles get announced soon.

OptometristLime

Just here to say... $79.99 for games is fiction.
(That's US Dollars.)

Boxed special editions sure maybe. I think a whole fleet of publishers with niche games (bread and butter for Switch gamers) are going to price at or below the $39.99 mark as well.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

darkfenrir

Isn't the priceline for games are: (all in US dollar)

Handheld: $39.99
Console: $59.99

Isn't this the priceline? Maybe the $79.99 is the Canadian?

darkfenrir

Windy

@OptometristLime

Nba2k=79.99
https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/nba-2k18-legen...
However I am wrong in the about the gaming prices. A majority of retail releases are 59.99 my mistake. But those extra joycons are gonna empty that bank account. I hope nintendo can get the price down on those at 79.99. At least there are 3rd party options now which are much cheaper. But if you have a Amazon Prime account you can get 10 dollars off every game pre order getting the price down to about 49.99 on every game you want. So yeah my mistake there. Best buy also has its Account club where you get 10 dollars off every new game. So where there is a will there is a way to save a little.

@Tarvaax its all over the internet at many websites just google "zelda 2018 3ds" https://www.zeldadungeon.net/rumor-a-new-zelda-game-is-coming...
Here is one site but its on many more. Im not going to be shocked if its true. I think Nintendo still has some big plans for 2ds and for 3ds. We might see less stereoscopic 3d though which would be a bummer. If that zelda game is not on the upcoming Direct.....well it was probably a hoax then. I just have this feeling we might get some great news for 3ds on this upcoming Direct. I mean think about it. The 3ds has the biggest user base right now out of every gaming machine. I would say the right games released for it would rake in big bucks. Nintendo wont pass on that.

Edited on by Windy

Windy

Here is a nice show of whats been announced for 3ds in 2018. There are a couple games there that I think will not make it to North America or Europe. But that Jake Hunter looks pretty cool and we probably wont see it. https://youtu.be/qD0gPHRjSfQ

Edited on by Windy

roy130390

@Windy As much as I love the 3DS, I seriously doubt that. The user base doesn't matter if they aren't buying games as much as they did, which seems to be the case with the last 3DS entries from what I know. Now, the games released on Switch seem to have more chances of success than on the 3DS despite having a lower userbase, simply because it's the new shiny console and most users that have both will opt for a Switch version of a game instead of a 3DS version. I hope you are right and we get another Zelda game though (even if it isn't a new one), a Windwaker port would make me really happy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Barbiegurl777

@JohnBlackstar

No problem! I've grown up with mechanical dolls since early 1990's when i was little lol. Mechanical / interactive dolls are dolls that move there arms or legs on the doll, eyes blink, some dolls talk if you push a button on there stomach, etc.

Those type of dolls (mechanical / interactive) run on batteries usually on the back part of the doll. Like double AA or C or D batteries.

Do you use youtube? If so type in Luvabella. I have Luvabeau boy doll. Very interactive. Starbrite Sparkles is an older 90's doll. Also a good example of mechanical doll. She lights up & has projector in her pink crown where if you turn her on in the dark you turn the switch in her crown & see different images on the ceiling. Defently go on youtube & type in luvabella or starbrite sparkles the video's might better explain this than me lol. Its usually a girl hobby, toys etc.

Baby Alive Go Bye Bye she's another example of mechanical doll she crawls & talks by flipping a on & off switch on her back.

If you search for channels on youtube mine is: Sunny10 it has a profile pic of a white cockatiel wearing a dark grey bandana. I did post 1 video on baby alive go bye bye doll. 😀

Happy Gaming! 😊

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic