Forums

Topic: General 3DS Games Topic

Posts 141 to 160 of 313

Tyranexx

LetsaGO wrote:

those games look really fun.šŸ˜‰ That audience will always be there, parents buy there 3 year olds these junk.

Um...what? O_o

@NintendoByNature Haha, progress! As for A Link to the Past, I replayed that on the SNES Classic back towards the turn of the year; my first experience with the game was actually the GBA version. It's still quite a masterpiece and has aged very well IMO.

...Now I'm starting to get the itch to replay A Link Between Worlds. XD I still need to go back and be a masochist brave my way through Hero Mode. ...Though maybe I should knock out BotW before that.

@Cynas I spent a couple of hours with Ghost Trick this morning, and I'm definitely getting the Ace Attorney vibe from the art style; as mentioned above, I've never played AA but have seen some trailers and footage. It's very enjoyable so far. The game is great about explaining all the mechanics without feeling too handhold-y, then it turns you loose. Some puzzle solutions have already been quite interesting (and entertaining).

I've heard of the Zero Escape series and 999, but have never played them either. I think I'll be giving those a look down the road too. Thanks for mentioning them!

@Ralizah Bummer, though the silver lining there is that the thief didn't get the system like they probably expected to. I don't carry around many games when I'm traveling either these days (usually 1-3 depending on the trip, and one cart is always in the system), but that's a mix of possible theft protection and the simple fact that I don't tend to play too many games at once anymore.

Yep, also an AA virgin, unless you count my stint with the Dual Destinies demo. I nearly picked up the download on the 3DS, then the Switch version was announced. I really hoped there would be a physical release outside of Japan, but Capcom being Capcom decided that wouldn't be too profitable. Luckily, a lack of region locking coupled with an existing English translation meant that the entire trilogy was only one Amazon import away!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx i LOVE albw. Up there as a top 5 for me. I keep forgetting you haven't played botw yet. At the rate I'm going, I might get to it with my zelda run thru before you do šŸ˜œ

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature ALBW is hands down one of my top handheld Zelda games. It's more or less an ALttP remake with its own identity. The 3D effect is used VERY well in the game, so that makes it one of the examples I use when people complain about how gimmicky the 3D mode is lol.

I do hope to get to BotW soon. After TW101, I plan to go back to XC to finish Future Connected, then I want to play a non-RPG on the Switch. Toying between BotW and Super Mario Odyssey. Either way, I'm at least starting it before the holidays.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Blooper987

@Tyranexx you need to play the Ace Attorney trilogy on switch. It goes on sale a lot so you can pick it up then. I canā€™t recommend those games enough, they are the quintessential Virtual Novel on the Switch with great characters, and an impressive story that will hook you immediately. Iā€™ve been meaning to get around to Ghost Trick but havenā€™t had the opportunity yet. Iā€™ve heard great things and know I want it but I donā€™t want the mobile version and the DS one is pretty expensive.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Krull

I will say, if mobile is the only way you can play Ghost Trick, the game doesnā€™t suffer in the slightest. Fudgy fingers on a touchscreen work just as well as a precise stylus, in this case. Just worth playing, full stop.

Really enjoying Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse at the moment - itā€™s marvellous - and I have also picked up Etrian Odyssey Nexus. Figured if I was going to play an EO, I might as well go for the ultimate 3DS release. Persona Q is on sale at the moment on the eShop too - quite tempted.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Eel

Yeah, itā€™s not as ā€œHDifiedā€ as other mobile ports, but itā€™s completely the same game with the same story. Absolutely worth it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx I loved A Link Between Worlds too, it's probably the best game on the 3DS. And I already love A Link to the Past. That's my favorite Zelda game, by the way

That sounds like a good plan to get through your backlog. Maybe you can play through Super Mario Odyssey after Future Connected? Just to change things up a bit, going from an RPG to a platformer.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Late

Ghost Trick is certainly one of DS's best games. I love its smooth animation. I first experienced it via a demo that you could download from Wii's Nintendo Channel. It covered a slightly modified version of the chapter where you meet Kamila and Missile. Some time later I found it in a store for 15ā‚¬. Great price but I was still a bit hesitant for whatever reason. But I'm glad I bought it. It's the only time I've ever seen a copy of that game.

I still vividly remember playing the game at home and during breaks at school. I finished it while I was waiting for the bus in a library. The way the game ended was something else. It was the first time I was seriously moved by a game.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Tyranexx

I last saved in Chapter 4 of Ghost Trick. So far I'm really enjoying the game. The plot is intriguing, solutions to puzzles have been interesting (something with the aforementioned Kamila and Missile bit took me a stupidly long while to get right lol), and the animations are indeed very smooth for the hardware. The poses and general art style, as some have mentioned previously, do indeed remind me of the AA franchise. I'm glad to read that the ending, when I do get to it, is worth it.

@Blooper987 I actually already have the Ace Attorney Trilogy via the physical import, I just haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I've only owned my Switch for a few months, and needless to say I loaded up on games lol. A friend and former coworker has seriously talked up the series to me and cites it as one of his "Must Play" franchises.

I'd forgotten Ghost Trick was on mobile, to be honest. I did pay a bit of a premium for the DS version I'm playing - it isn't much higher on Amazon US now than when I first picked it up - but the price was such that I didn't have too many issues about purchasing it. It wasn't much higher than a full-price 3DS retail game at the time. Much higher though, and I probably wouldn't have bought this version.

@MarioLover92 If A Link Between Worlds isn't my top 3DS game, it's very close. I actually ever so slightly prefer it over A Link to the Past depending on what aspect is evaluated (at least where character variety and development are involved), but the two are very close for me. And there's no denying that ALttP laid the groundwork to begin with.

That game plan for now is only a little of how I'm going to handle my backlog. XD I don't have as meaty of a backlog as some - it's sitting at around 30 games right now, a slight improvement over earlier this year - but over half of those are longer games, mostly in the RPG department. I also don't plan too far in advance as I like leaving some flexibility.

Edited on by Tyranexx

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Yeah absolutely! ALttP was the first Zelda game I played too, so I have a lot of nostalgia for it. (At least with the first couple dungeons anyway. Wasn't that great a Zelda player when I was young - Mario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong were my jam as a kid. lol) I have a similar amount to how many games in your backlog, too. And yeah, quite a few of them are RPGs. XD One of them is Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and I did hear it's a relatively short game, so I could try to at least finish the story. From what I've played, it's pretty good.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 I was late to the Zelda party by some standards; my first game was Twilight Princess on the Wii. I've played almost all the main series games in some form since barring the aforementioned BotW (soon!) And Four Swords Adventures. Though I might live if I never touch the latter lol. ALttP was the tenth main series game I played, and that was only because I was gifted a used ALttP/Four Swords GBA cartridge. I'd like to see the game get a proper HD remaster at some point.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is one of my backlogged games too, though I opted for the Wii U version. It was a lot cheaper than paying out for the Switch port. XD

Ralizah

TFW every game with a "mobile version" is exclusive to Apple's ecosystem, and you're an Android person.

@Tyranexx Oh geez, haven't played BotW either? The envy continues! Absolutely one of my favorite games of all time.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx I was a little late to the Zelda universe too. Though ALttP was my first Zelda game, we never had it back when it first came out. (I did know of the first one on NES, but I remember my dad telling me he never got into it, despite him being a huge gamer back in the day.) We had an SNES bundle (it was the second model that came out near the end of its life cycle) that came with ALttP. That's how I got to play it, plus I also had it on GBA. Other than that though, I didn't play too much Zelda. I dabbled into Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time (on VC), but my brother kept on hogging the Wii lol. So I started to get way more into Zelda games during the 3DS and Wii U days, with OoT 3D, ALBW, Link's Awakening, and Wind Waker HD in particular. Kind of a weird story about how I got into Zelda, but there you go. lol

As for TMS #FE, I did end up getting it for Switch, but for $10 off which wasn't too bad. You must have found your Wii U copy for a pretty good price.

Eel

@Ralizah oh how odd, for some reason Ghost Trick is not on the android store... But most of the Capcom games with a mobile version are in both as far as I could tell.

If you're ever interested in iOS for whatever reason, I absolutely recommend a basic iPad or the iPad mini. It's the best of both worlds, all the iOS experience in a realtively affordable fully-featured package, without having to go too deep into the Apple ecosystem.

I personally love my iPad mini 4. I have a rather interesting collection of games there... Like... Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Flower, Shantae Risky's Revenge, and Final Fantasy III next to Plants vs Zombies, Dragon Quest V, Minecraft, and Stardew Valley.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Ralizah Nope! I've technically owned the game for awhile; I caved for the Special Edition BotW bundle way back in 2017. I would have picked up a Wii U bundle if one had existed. Then I nearly caved for the Wii U version when I didn't yet have a Switch but held off. Now I have a Switch, but there are sooo many good games vying for my attention. XD

It's been fun trying to avoid detailed BotW spoilers online. Outside of some random footage here or there before and during the game's release, I intentionally don't know much about it.

@MarioLover92 Ironically, it took me two tries to get into Twilight Princess. I got really turned around in the first dungeon to the point of frustration and dropped the game. I bounced over to another game I received around the same time, the Wii version of Okami. I LOVED that game, and I recognized that there were a few similarities between the two (though both franchises are their own thing). I went back to TP and had a better time with it. That encouraged me to seek out and complete Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword. The rest is history. My main motivation to even get a 3DS was to play Ocarina of Time 3D as that was the only way I could see to play it at the time.

If I recall, I bought TMS #FE new on the Wii U for just under $20. I found that way more appealing than paying full price for a game with only a little extra content. I know I'm missing a few things and QoL improvements as a result, but I consider it a worthy trade-off.

Anti-Matter

Despite the game was mediocre, Animal Boxing NDS was my favorite Cute Boxing game and i displayed the male boxer picture as my mini poster on NDS game shelf.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic