Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Posts 221 to 240 of 875

slidecage

maybe we should make a new topic up with CODES just in it

slidecage

MERG

I took down the Blood Bear but am STILL having a problem with the Bounding Beasts. UGH!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

CanisWolfred

MERG wrote:

I took down the Blood Bear but am STILL having a problem with the Bounding Beasts. UGH!

I couldn't even get their health down to halfway. I suppose if you put a lot of points into defense and healing, you could make it through it, but I concentrated too much on offense.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MERG

Question...for skills, how do you all handle them...maxing out a skill before proceeding to the next or do you mix it up?

Eel

@Tech: To get your code, just...

• Go to the Cargo Wharf
  • Manage Guild Cards
  • Select your card
  • Press Y
  • Select Generate QR Code
  • Find the images on your SD card with a computer and upload it to some online image hosting service.

@MERG: I try specialize my characters in certain elemental skills but maintain them balanced enough.

By the way, anyone knows how to open the closed door in the Moth's Garden?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

It's a rather tense dungeon located in the second land (unlocked after you defeat the big boss of the woodlands).

I had never been so scared of random battles until I entered that dungeon.

Getting inside is kinda tricky because there's a bif foe guarding it, but after you figure out how to distract him, it's no problem.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

LittleKing

Ralizah wrote:

Can anyone confirm for me if there's anything I need to do to get the save data from the demo to transfer over to the physical game?

There is nothing to do. When you click "New Game" on the main menu of your copy of the full game, it'll automatically ask you if you want to transfer over your demo save file.

MERG wrote:

I actually defeated all the Bounding Beasts on the world map in the demo with a team of level 9s, although they respawned a week later. I used a Fortress with the best demo armor and a level 2 Taunt. Just taunt in the back row and defend. Any decent Fortress will soak up most of the damage, which can be healed with Medica's or a Medic's healing spells. Later, Healing Wall makes ordinary Defends heal you. I just spammed Fireballs until it died. It's HP isn't very high and I can take them out in a few turns with my team of level 20s. If you have bursts, apply a status effect and then smash it with Ice Coffin or Double Slash.

Also, it takes me two to three turns to kill a normal Blood Bear. I have a Nightseeker use Blind Knife -> Double Slash + Ice Knife with a Runemaster using Runic Gleam -> Fireball -> Ice Coffin (if I can afford it/have a turn left). Wait until you finish the third floor of Lush Woodlands if you think Blood Bears are bad. xD

MERG wrote:

Question...for skills, how do you all handle them...maxing out a skill before proceeding to the next or do you mix it up?!

Don't max skills you won't use a lot. There is no way to get endless skill points and later on you'll be sinking points into subclass skills, too. In general, put the minimum you need to into a skill to unlock the next skill in the path. Then, max the skills you like that seem synergistic.

LittleKing

Jeremyx7

A question for anyone who bought the downloaded version of Etrian Odyssey IV. How many blocks does the game take up in memory? I want to have it on my SD Card but only if it's within a certain size limit. Thanks...

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Ralizah

Metabble_King wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Can anyone confirm for me if there's anything I need to do to get the save data from the demo to transfer over to the physical game?

There is nothing to do. When you click "New Game" on the main menu of your copy of the full game, it'll automatically ask you if you want to transfer over your demo save file.

Awesome. Thanks!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

@Jeremyx7: I haven't checked, but Tech said it was 5718.

All I can say is that the download took a sweet long time to complete.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Jeremyx7

Morphtroid wrote:

@Jeremyx7: I haven't checked, but Tech said it was 5718.

All I can say is that the download took a sweet long time to complete.

Thanks for that info Morphtroid! Shouldn't seem to long for me personally seeing as I bought Fire Emblem DL version which took over 8,000 something blocks!! D:
Had to wait literally about 30 minutes for that one! So Etrian shouldn't be to bad

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Spoony_Tech

It's good to see so many people enjoying this game. That demo coupled by the casual mode should really help to get more people into the series. Glad they went with the first part of the game as the demo so we could transfer over our data. Great move to further get new fans into it!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

http://cheatcc.com/3ds/rev/etrianodysseyivlegendsofthetitanre...

Here's another review I found. It's not a bad review but the way it was rated fell one point shy of a positive review and ended up being a mixed review on metacritic! Oh well. Still a nice review regardless.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

Mapping out the 3rd level now...but I STILL can't beat a bounding beast. I get sooo close and then get completely destroyed! UGH!

slidecage

MERG wrote:

what maze... sky thing is that is that first town 3rd maze .... if that is the case what i did

go to the 3rd floor early in the morning 7am.... go straight to the 3rd floor... the main boss will not move but the sub bosses do , so your going to have to be able to take out 2 foes take out the 2 foes warp back to town sleep till night the FOE do not come back take out the boss....

i was level 18 before i attemped it and was able to win

slidecage

MERG

@Slidecage...I'm talking about the kangaroos when you are on the airship.

Ralizah

Finally have access to my copy of the game. Up to level 9 now. Those fawns in the small orchard are hilarious. I was preparing for some tough battle (because anyone who has played any of the games in this series will know that appearance does not often reflect reality, and your team of grizzled explorers can easily be crippled by an enemy that looks like something out of a Disney movie), but those things were hardly stronger than the normal enemies there. I took off before that mean looking mama deer that can apparently run two steps at a time over water (!) got to me, though. I think I might go back and see how strong she/it is.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

@Slidecage...I'm talking about the kangaroos when you are on the airship.

What level are you? I just took one out with the help of an ebony carrot. I was level 13 and it was kinda easy really. I might just go take them all out just to clear the map and get some more of those nice shields they unlock.

MERG said:

MERG

@Tech...its embarassing, I know, but I am level 13-14. I am looking into better equipment and skills.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.