Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 821 to 828 of 828

Banjo-

@Tyranexx I see. So what are those genre preferences? 😁 You obviously play what you feel like 😊.

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- JRPGs (If this thread doesn't make it obvious lol), SRPGs, action/adventure, puzzle games the occasional dive into a VN, some types of platformers, and I do like sim games but don't often play them these days since they can be major time sinks. I avoid MMOs for similar reasons.

The only genres I'm definitely not into are FPS games (closest I've come to this are the Metroid Prime games, and those are more exploration based than anything), sports, shmups, and roguelikes. I'm willing to try about anything else, though racing and fighting games generally don't hold my attention long due to their repetitive nature.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Banjo-

I see. I also try to avoid simulation games with the potential of sucking my life. The only one I play sometimes is Sea of Thieves. RPGs and platformers? Of course. Fighting games are very deep but they require a lot of time to enjoy. The only thing I'd argue is that many shooters are like Metroid Prime with a lot of exploration. I like some shooters and some racing games.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- I used to sink a ton of time into simulation type games lol. It's hard telling how many hours I've put into the Roller Coaster Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon franchises. XD I do enjoy the various versions of Street Fighter II for nostalgic reasons, but I have to be in the right mood. I haven't been able to pick up and enjoy other fighting games for long, even Smash. On racing: I will occasionally replay an old favorite in an arcade setting (Hydro Thunder and California Speed to name a couple). It could be I've played the wrong FPS games overall, but a lot of them feel and look the same to me. Often each new yearly iteration in franchises like CoD just looks like a new coat of paint with some minor tweaks.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Banjo-

@Tyranexx Doom Eternal has a lot of strategy and depth. I loved the Gears of War games except 5. Halo Infinite, Metro Exodus... I haven't played the Bioshock games yet (I have the remasters on Xbox) but they are critically acclaimed.

The nostalgic value of Street Fighter II is huge! I am curious to see if Street Fighter VI is something I can enjoy now as adult 😁.

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- To be fair, I have wanted to try the Bioshock series for some time since those games have something resembling a coherent plot (from non spoilers I've read) and are more of a unique setting IMO.

Definitely curious about Street Fighter VI. I'd definitely try a demo or trial version of the game.

Banjo-

@Tyranexx I'm getting excited about Street Fighter VI. My arcade stick and I are ready 😁.

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- "Hadouken!" XD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic