Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 801 to 820 of 828

Banjo-

@Tyranexx So Dragon Quest VII was not one of your favourites? I will play it because I have it on 3DS as well as VIII and also XI on Xbox and some more on DS. It's the same for me. I know what I like better than before. Watching gameplay videos also help me if I have doubts.

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- Oh don't get me wrong, I quite enjoyed my time with Dragon Quest VII. But even with a bit of fat trimmed from the PS1 original plus some QoL improvements, it's still quite long in the tooth lol. I reached the end credits at just over 99 hours. I did do a lot of extras + exploring but decided not to do anything with the postgame since (according to online sources) there isn't much there. There's a clear point in the main plot where the story could've ended earlier than it did.

VIII is certainly worth your time too. Can't speak for XI yet, though I have it backlogged on Switch and hear it's amazing.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Banjo-

@Tyranexx Dragon Quest XI looks amazing but I will the play the older games first. I'm busy with Ni No Kuni, I think I finally learnt to write it by heart. In my opinion, the title should have been "Second Country" in the West, which is the exact translation. I'm loving it and when I'm done I'll write some words about it and put the link here for you to see. No spoilers 😉. I feel like my Nintendo 3DS still have 10 years ahead with the DS and 3DS backlog 😂.

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- Outside of the first three Dragon Quest games since they're tied together, I'm admittedly not too fussed about the order I play the other titles in. And I doubt I'll grab I and II until we (finally) get an update on the HD-2D remaster of III. XI S will likely be the next main series game I tackle, though that's some time away now that TotK is monopolizing nearly all my gaming time. XD

I am looking forward to your spoiler-free impressions on Ni No Kuni. My 3DS and DS will certainly see some occasional use for years to come!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Banjo-

@Tyranexx Waiting for that remake of III is a good idea, indeed. Do you think that they will remake I and II as well? 😁

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- I think remakes of I and II are also a possibility, though likely not for some time. It's been two years since the HD-2D remaster of III was announced. Haven't heard anything since.

Do let me know when you eventually get to Bravely Second. I need to get to Bravely Default II on Switch as I haven't played it yet.

Banjo-

@Tyranexx I completed Breath of the Wild 100% except for the Koroks, I got over half of them but I didn't really like the game. I'm not sure that I'll buy Tears of the Kingdom, it would be the first time that I skip a Zelda game (NES and CDi games not included) but just like Breath of the Wild, it's not really a Zelda game, is it? 😜 I don't want to destroy our friendship now, I'd rather erase this comment! 😂 I'm a The Legend of Zelda fan, for the record. My favourites are Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.

I'll let you know when I start Bravely Second. On Nintendo 3DS, what I'd like to do now is complete the fishing quests in Majora's Mask 3D. On Xbox, I'm playing Ni No Kuni and on Switch I still have to beat Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- I didn't 100% BotW, though I did complete the story, the Champions Ballad, all the Shrines, and found enough Korok seeds for all the pouch upgrades lol. I love both BotW and TotK so far, though they aren't my favorite entries by any stretch. Much as I love them, the sheer openness is almost too much; my desire to see the story through is warring with my OCD to talk to and explore all the things. I admit it's an overwhelming feeling. I've sank ~15 hours into TotK so far and have barely advanced the plot at all. OoT, MM, and TP are among my absolute favs.

You have some great games in progress for sure. TotK is most of my focus right now, though I'll likely start a new side game once I wrap up some loose ends in my current side game: SteamWorld Dig 2.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Banjo-

@Tyranexx The funny (and good) thing is that even our OCD wasn't strong enough to make us get every Korok in BotW. Even with the Korok Mask on, it was not reasonable and the map that shows where you have been (also DLC) is limited to a certain amount of time. Those two additions were not useful enough.

I didn't know about Studio Ghibli until Ni No Kuni but I can tell you that art is one of the great things about it but not the only one. I will let you know when I finish the game 😉.

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- I only stopped with the Korok seeds because I knew risk vs. reward wasn't worth it past a certain point. The Korok mask was pseudo useless, but I did find where I'd been somewhat useful for exploration purposes...though I didn't buy the DLC until long after it was relevant.

On Ni No Kuni: Waiting to hear your thoughts when you finish! I've seen a couple Studio Ghibli films and loved them. Need to catch up on some of the others I'm interested in from their library.

Banjo-

@Tyranexx Breath of the Wild DLC was too late for what it tried to help players with. I will have to watch some Studio Ghibli films. Have I mentioned you have excellent taste by placing Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess among your favourite Zelda games? 😉

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- I actually played BotW way later than many, so the DLC was already available by then. Thing is, I rarely buy DLC unless I'm sure I will like or did love a game lol. Agreed on when it generally released though. Heh, we may be biased, but I'll take the compliment on my Zelda tastes in stride! Twilight Princess was my first Zelda game. As for OoT and MM, I've only played the 3DS remakes. But they are amazing!

Banjo-

@Tyranexx I played Breath of the Wild DLC when it was released and it was too late, not to mentioned overpriced. It was disappointing although that additional battle was... interesting.

I would love Majora's Mask to be remade because the 3DS version has great additions but it also removed and replaced a few things that were awesome.

Link to my Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch impressions 😉:

https://www.purexbox.com/forums/px_other_gaming/last_game_you...

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- I found the DLC worth it for the Champion's Ballad and some of the extras - like the Master Cycle Zero - though I do agree it was overpriced. That boss battle was...yeah, interesting lol. As for MM on 3DS, gonna have to take your word for it. I do know they changed how the boss fights work and improved the save system.

Your impressions on Ni No Kuni mostly back up what I've read about it: excellent story, visuals, and charm, though the gameplay elements don't seem to sit well with everyone. Folks seem to either love or hate the combat.

Banjo-

@Tyranexx Combat is fine once you get used to it, especially after a second and third allies fight along although the AI is not very intelligent. Each ally has lots of options for fighting: three previously assigned familiars with several abilities each and the allies' own abilities. I learnt how to use the left bumper not just for its real purpose which is switching but for pausing the action and having a look at the options and choose wisely. Combat is certainly tricky and not conventional because it's ambitious as the best turn-based RPGs but in real time. However, it's also fun because it gives you freedom and feels real. One more incentive, there is an optional league which is 100% Pokemon-style with trainers and daft introductions included. It's great because it makes sense, using characters from the world and familiars that match their personalities and because it's a Pokemon parody at the same time!

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- The Pokemon-like aspects are definitely attractive to me lol. Ni No Kuni sounds like a fun game, though I've heard/read enough that I think I'd like to find a way to demo or play test the game first. I do find the freedom aspect appealing too.

Banjo-

@Tyranexx I don't remember if you have an Xbox but it's on Game Pass and the sequel, too.

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- No Xbox for me. I've considered it, but my Nintendo systems and the occasional foray into PC territory are more than enough for my needs for now.

Banjo-

@Tyranexx Okay, so that means no Ni No Kuni for now 🤣. It's sad that you played the torture that Bravely Default is and not Ni No Kuni, so make sure to play Ni no Kuni someday... 😜

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@Banjo- Hah, I need more time...or to be a lot pickier with games, which I do try to be that way these days. I'm starting to think it's a genre preference problem. XD I do plan to play Ni No Kuni someday, though "someday" is highly emphasized lol.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic