Forums

Topic: 3DS Update 6.0.0-11U

Posts 41 to 60 of 86

Vizard18

I'm from Europe and I haven't got any problems.

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Monster Hunter Generations

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4094-0912 | Nintendo Network ID: Ittoryu67

Birdman

I have no idea what's going on with this update, but I hear save data backups, so I guess I should figure that out.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Tsuchinoko

Geonjaha wrote:

They're charging for this stuff? Hahaha.
Oh Nintendo, why do you do this to yourself..

They're charging for the games, the puzzles are still free, like always. Its an extra, nothing you NEED to buy to be a self-realized person. Its not going to bankrupt the company, so I wouldn't tease them for offering it as an extra little distraction for players that want it.

And BTW, I just got a piece for the New Super Mario Bros. U/ New Super Luigi U puzzle.

EDIT: Oh, and I've looked on quite a bit of Japanese sites as well. It looks like it hit us here as a bit of a surprise too, especially since its a tuesday, a workday, nobody has really updated anything or really written about it. I read a rumour about a Smash Brothers puzzle, but I think that was someone's wishful thinking.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Zach777

@Tsuchinoko

What are the sizes of these puzzles?

Switch Friend Code: 2533-4777-6888
Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260
Pokémon GO Friend Code: 0296 8052 5792

Switch Friend Code: SW-2533-4777-6888 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794 | My Nintendo: Zach777 | Nintendo Network ID: Zach777

Tsuchinoko

Zach777 wrote:

@Tsuchinoko

What are the sizes of these puzzles?

Hmm, the Mario Bros U and Zelda puzzles are both 40 with pink pieces that have been the standard since the winter (with the exception of the Demon Training puzzle).

Zach777

You just got those 2 so far? Are they SpotPassing them out?

Switch Friend Code: 2533-4777-6888
Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260
Pokémon GO Friend Code: 0296 8052 5792

Switch Friend Code: SW-2533-4777-6888 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794 | My Nintendo: Zach777 | Nintendo Network ID: Zach777

Tsuchinoko

dumedum wrote:

MrPanic wrote:

and SS Zelda.

please don't use this acronym....

I doubt there's a game called The Legend of Zelda: Secret Service, so if you're trying allude to a nazi group or call him out on it, I think that's a bit much. Keep it light please.

Tsuchinoko

Zach777 wrote:

You just got those 2 so far? Are they SpotPassing them out?

I live in Japan and have a Japanese 3DS, so I don't know what spotpass it, but I got the Skyward Sword piece as an automatic service, and I got the Mario U piece by just walking around to the corner store and I received it from someone.

Tsuchinoko

dumedum wrote:

It just bothers me on a personal level to see that. It's the same with shortening Social Studies for example.

But that's your personal problem, not his. If he wants to use an acronym, that's his business.

Dizzy_Boy

Miiplaza doesn't work if you take out the sd card, where as it used to before hand.
Also, a bit of wishfull thinking, wouldn't it be nice if you could use the Exchange Booth for pink puzzle pieces.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

iphys

Birdman wrote:

I have no idea what's going on with this update, but I hear save data backups, so I guess I should figure that out.

When you're on the home menu and you have a downloaded game highlighted, there will be an arrow in the bottom left corner of the screen beside the "Manual." Hitting that allows you to make a separate backup of your save data, I'm assuming so you can delete your software to make space on your SD without losing your game progress if you later redownload the game. I don't think it's really much of a backup if your SD gets corrupted or system breaks or anything though.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Eel

Tsuchinoko wrote:

dumedum wrote:

It just bothers me on a personal level to see that. It's the same with shortening Social Studies for example.

But that's your personal problem, not his. If he wants to use an acronym, that's his business.

Isn't him the same person who got offended by the idea of playing as german tanks in Tanks vs Bugs?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

dumedum

Morphtorok wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Isn't him the same person who got offended by the idea of playing as german tanks in Tanks vs Bugs?

I was just asking, he can do whatever he wants.
yes, it is I knew this would come up when I said it (it's nazi tanks, not german tanks), you didn't have to say that though it sounds like i'm obsessed..
But you can remove these posts, it sidetracks the thread. Sorry for that.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Tsuchinoko

dumedum wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

dumedum wrote:

I was just asking, he can do whatever he wants.
yes, it is I knew this would come up when I said it lol (it's nazi tanks, not german tanks).
But you can remove these posts, it sidetracks the thread. Sorry for that.

You seem proper down to earth for saying that. Its all good.

On a different note, this makes Xenoblade the first third-party puzzle doesn't it?

shingi_70

@Tsuchinoko

Xenoblade is first party. Nintendo owns Monolith Soft.

SOmeone on Gaf was able to buy the games and posted impressions

You get one hat per game as a commemoration for downloading. Each hat is themed on the game. Each game has 'achievements' some of which you get Hat Tickets.

The opening to StreetPass Squad is cute and the 3D effect is subtle (I had to confirm it was there by closing my eye and adjusting the slider). You seem to get 3 shots with the same set of Miis, in the event of dying. Controls well, but slow speed (but, also the first level). It's basically a shmup, with the Miis acting as extra guns. You can rotate them around your 'ship' using L & R buttons while you play. Your score is ranked against other players you StreetPass with. It's fun and the world/story is fairly detailed for what it is. As expected from Good-Feel it's got a clean graphical style.

StreetPass Garden starts off much slower. The game looks really good as it's quite graphically detailed and has a nice overall style and the Miis animate really well. The 3D effect is less subtle than Squad, but still not the strongest I've seen. There are a total of 20 flowers you must collect to become a 'Flower Master'. You get your pick of one of three seeds from which to start your collection. A little like Pokemon I guess. Miis come up and water your seed until it grows into a flower. You can talk to the Miis and have them show you the flowers they have. It's very quaint.

StreetPass Battle has a basic graphic style since there's so many soldiers on screen at once. You choose an option, which I presume relates to your color/armor style, and then your castle. You have 3 choices; Japanese, Western, and Futuristic style castles. You cannot alter your castle type once it is selected.

It's basically paper-scissors-rock, but your army (based on the number of people you've Street Passed with), is divided into Hose-riders, Foot-men with spears, and archers. Horses beat archers, archers beat spears, spears beat horses. The Miis you most recently Street Passed with add more soldiers to your army. Iwata added 10,000 soliders to mine!!

Each round is against another district you're trying to take over. There appear to be 20 to complete. You have to select how to divide your army into the three divisions when you face each region. Presumably, a low-numbered section will not be as effective against a larger section on the opposing team, even if the attack is super effective. You can only use each division once per battle. Some of the soldiers you defeated will join your army too.

You get resources from the regions you conquer that can be used to upgrade your castle, but this also takes away people from your army. Going from Rank 1 to Rank 2 to shrunk my army from 11,700 to about 7,200. This game also has a ranking system.

StreetPass Mansion starts off with a giant hand grabbing you and pulling you inside the mountain. It has a simillar 3D effect to StreetPass Battle. Graphically it is quite well put together and quite spooky. You are told you need to get to the 30th Floor by finding the hidden staircases. You do this by setting 'pieces' that will become corridors, which you will automatically walk down.Pieces are given to you by Street Passed Miis. You can rotate the pieces in 4 directions, like tetris. If you combine two pieces of the same color they will become rooms, not corridors. You then walk through and open up any treasure chests in the room.

When you combine different colored pieces, a door will form. Sometimes, when the door opens, a ghost will attack you. You have a gun to shoot the ghosts with, but there are batteries that must recharge before you can shoot again (you start with three batteries). You can also block the ghosts. Combat is in real time. Your items/weapons get leveled up as you battle.

It's quite fun and seems like it might get tricky. Piece colors are, of course, based on the Mii's colors.

Overall, they're pretty good so far. Garden is the worst, but it's charm and laid back nature makes it tolerable at least. It's certainly the least game-y of the 4. Maybe that's the point of it?

The other three are quite fun and Mansion and Squad, in particular, I can see becoming quite challenging. The three of them are certainly more involved than Find Mii ever was just in their introductory stages.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tsuchinoko

Thanks for that. Streetpass Mansion actually seems like the most interesting one.

EDIT: I had no idea it was first party. Its never listed as one of their first party franchises on sites like Wikipedia.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

shingi_70

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Thanks for that. Streetpass Mansion actually seems like the most interesting one.

EDIT: I had no idea it was first party. Its never listed as one of their first party franchises on sites like Wikipedia.

It should be, NIntendo bought them fully in 2007.

My main problem is this is exactly why Nintendo is in te place it currently is in This is the type of information that should have been in the E3 nintendo direct. (3DS should have been their in the first place.)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Birdman

iphys wrote:

Birdman wrote:

When you're on the home menu and you have a downloaded game highlighted, there will be an arrow in the bottom left corner of the screen beside the "Manual." Hitting that allows you to make a separate backup of your save data, I'm assuming so you can delete your software to make space on your SD without losing your game progress if you later redownload the game. I don't think it's really much of a backup if your SD gets corrupted or system breaks or anything though.

I understand that; it was more the unexpectedness of the update and all the new content that made me slightly overwhelmed. I've got it figured out and am backing up games atm.

That being said, I've discovered you can only back up a maximum of 30 titles at once. Hopefully this number increases soon; with all the games they're pushing on us, I hope save data won't be compromised because some consumers don't have room on their SD cards for all of their games.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Tobiaku

All DLC was worth my money, They are all wonderfull in their ovn way

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

iphys

These games sound awesome (well, except the Garden one, but I'd take that as a freebie for getting the combo deal). I hope these games come to NA on Thursday.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.