Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 2,670

bartcas

get the dream team

bartcas 3DS Friend Code 0705-8935-2399. I am playing Biohazard Revelations (with MH4G, Fantasy Life, GTA, ShovelKnight, StreetFighter4, SmashBros, Animal CrossingNL, KonamiClassicCollections and 30+ waiting in line :D All Japanese versions, bought them in Japan for 1-60 USD used.)

Anti-Matter

I need some quick review about these games :
1. LBX
2. Tenkai Knights
3. Final Fantasy Explorers
4. Monster Hunter Stories
5. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D
6. Metroid Federation Force

Those 3DS games above are quite controversial for me. (Except Roller Coaster Tycoon)
I mean they have good looking cover and quite interesting game ideas but my heart still doubt if i can accept those games despite i tried to get out a little bit from my comfort zone.

My thoughts about :
LBX and Tenkai Knights
Both of them are Chibi looking mecha. Looks interesting, still kiddie but when i saw the gameplay, Tenkai Knights looked like mediocre Metroid style game, LBX was good like Gundam but as a pacifist gamer, i still on the fence for shooting the enemies with Weapons.

Final Fantasy Explorers
Actually i'm familiar with Final Fantasy brands and Action RPG style, but i still doubt if i can get engage with Battle system, quests and storyline.

Monster Hunter Stories
I never like Monster Hunter series due to violence against huge monsters and blood content, but Monster Hunter Stories was like the "Kiddie" version. Actually i was interested with the character design but i still on the fence for gameplay that still slay the monsters just like their main games. The monster design on MH Stories was still put me on the fence due to scary looking some monsters. I wonder how do i enjoy this game as i tend to play lesser action games.

Roller Coaster Tycoon
Great concept but i still afraid if i can get bored quickly after i design the roller coaster tracks and keep my eyes on the business i run on.

Metroid Federation Force
I heard a lot of negativity from this game. Actually i was interested with the Chibi looking of the Mecha suits. But shooting in first person view with guns in "still safe for kids games" was still my biggest concern and my biggest rejection. I have mixed feeling with this game, mixed of curious and rejection at the same time.

One more thing, i don't know with my logic but i can accept Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers with Post Apocalyptic world, weapons inside for Gunslingers and my Amiimals, but still cannot accept shooting in 1st person view from Metroid Federation Force or 3rd person view Slash & Shoot from LBX.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

I'd also like some feedback on Monster Hunter Stories if anyone can spare the time. I've contemplated getting it on and off and have found some reasonable prices for it online.

Another game I'm thinking about grabbing is Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past. I know firsthand that Dragon Quest is a decent JRPG series, but I'm quite put off by the sheer length of this one according to HLTB; as I understand it, the 3DS version fixed a lot of pacing issues, but it still seems quite long.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bartcas

PLEASE ADD ME! I AM NEW IN 3DS! YEAH!

bartcas 3DS Friend Code 0705-8935-2399. I am playing Biohazard Revelations (with MH4G, Fantasy Life, GTA, ShovelKnight, StreetFighter4, SmashBros, Animal CrossingNL, KonamiClassicCollections and 30+ waiting in line :D All Japanese versions, bought them in Japan for 1-60 USD used.)

GuyWithATV

Looking for good Nintendo Selects games. I already have the N64 zeldas and 3d land. Any suggestions?

GuyWithATV

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish First and foremost, thanks for your response!

On DQ VII: That's good to know. I think I'll jot it down for a future purchase then...just not this month. XD An acquaintance also highly recommends it.

On Monster Hunter Stories: Part of why I'm so curious about this one is how similar it is to some other monster collecting games I've played, and some of the footage looks promising to boot. I've tried getting into the main MH series and have tried a couple of demos, but they just didn't click with me.

Part of the reason I'm on the fence about these two is because I'm trying to be a little more picky about the RPGs I pick up; my backlog is full of them. It's relatively small by some standards, but most RPGs can't be finished in two hours or less. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Um...
Could you do me a favor ?
I need some quick review about six 3DS games i have written above.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter I admittedly haven't played any of those (or in the case of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D, that particular version; more on that soon), so the feedback I provide (if any) will be mostly hearsay. Each game's title has a link to this site's review for it; those can provide you with way more detail than what I can cram into this post.

1. LBX: Little Battlers eXperience
This game has some fairly decent reviews from what I'm finding; it's by no means terrible. Plus, it was made by Level-5, a studio that I trust. (They're responsible for series like Professor Layton and Yo-Kai Watch). This seems best for those looking for a single player experience as there isn't any online multiplayer.

2. Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle
From what I'm reading, this one does not look like it's worth your time. It reads like it's repetitive with a lot of grinding; the gameplay in general reads like it's a bit of a slog. This is a tie-in to a show, and it apparently shows...not in a good way.

3. Final Fantasy Explorers
I've read some fairly decent feedback online related to Final Fantasy Explorers. It's apparently A LOT like the Monster Hunter series in a Final Fantasy skin. There's a LOT of fanservice here.

4. Monster Hunter Stories
I'm also interested in this one and may pick it up in the future. The main reason I'm curious about this one (as mentioned above) is how it's another take on monster collecting. I enjoy series like Pokemon and Yo-Kai Watch and expect that I'd enjoy this as well. You raise the monsters from eggs that you find.

5. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D (Metacritic link; no review for it here)
While I can easily recommend the first two games on PC - I haven't played any of the others - this port is NOT worth your time. I did some research on it way back around the time it released and determined that I was better off with my old Windows disc that still surprisingly works. Some features of the original game (which was Roller Coaster Tycoon 3) were gimped or removed completely due to the 3DS's limitations.

If you want to play a Roller Coaster Tycoon game, I recommend searching out a copy of one of the first two games on the computer. The best modern example that I know of is Planet Coaster (which I still need to get/play/sink my life into at some point), but this is a Microsoft Windows/PC-only release as well.

6. Metroid Federation Force
While I believe this game received some unfair hate up to its release, I skipped it because it seemed like a missable spin-off game. I'm not a big fan of FPS games, and this game seems to be at its best when playing with others. While I wouldn't call it a bad game by any means, it just wasn't for me.

If you're still unsure, I recommend watching some gameplay videos to see if they're for you.

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Oh, thanks for the quick review. 😀
Lately, i have watched some gameplay videos of Metroid Prime Federation Force, something that very controversial for me who never like 1st person shooting games but suddenly was intrigued by "Armored Core" looking of 1st person shooting games and Chibi form.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish Hmm...I might follow that suggestion then. Thanks! The demos I have tried weren't bad per se, they just didn't wow me or grab my attention. I found them to be a bit slow and clunky. And then the swimming in a 3DS demo I tried...ugh.

@Anti-Matter There is a free demo available of the Metroid Prime Blast Ball game that shipped with Federation Force. It's a separate mode from the main game, but it may be enough to convince you whether or not you'd be interested in the full game. It's basically a ball/sports game played with mechs.

Edit: No prob by the way; I'm happy to try to help! You even have me considering LBX now. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Moroboshi876

This week River City games for 3DS (the three of them) are on sale, and as a fan of Kunio-kun games I'm considering the purchase, but they're still too expensive for a digital release (in Europe they didn't get physical treatment), barring River City Knights of Justice, which is 7,50 now.

Does anybody have them and can give me their opinion?

Plus, I fear that if I buy them they'll end up ported to Switch at some point... Do they have stereoscopic 3D?

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Ninfan

Does anyone have sonic generations on 3DS XL . If they do can you tell me if the game still works online as mine does not

Ninfan

Dogorilla

@Ninfan I just tried it and got an error message. I noticed the game box doesn't have the Nintendo Network logo, so maybe this game used its own servers instead of Nintendo's, in which case those servers could have been shut down by now.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Ninfan

@Dogorilla do you have super monkey ball 3D.it says it supports online play. But I'm not sure how it supports online play . I can't remember

Ninfan

Dogorilla

@Ninfan No sorry I don't have that game, but I just looked at the NL review for it and the reviewer said in the comments that it doesn't have online.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Ninfan

Can anyone putt up a list of there top 50 3DS TITLES . I'd like to see what games they are buying . Especially the new 3DS Games. anti-matter you must have loads of games. I don't expect anyone to write them up one after an other, if you can load them up from your pc to here.. Thank you

Ninfan

Ninfan

Anyone want to play fantasy pirates on 3DS. it's only €1.80 on eshop

Ninfan

Ninfan

Can someone tell me where or what I use my coins I get on my 3DS for walking . Can I spend them on somthing ?

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic