Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 2,677

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

Can someone tell me where or what I use my coins I get on my 3DS for walking . Can I spend them on somthing ?

The play coins from 3Ds you can use for various games such as Animal Crossing New Leaf to buy Fortune Cookie (cost 2 Play Coins) to get Nintendo themed stuffs. It will depleted after you use the coins and you can get 10 coins by Maximum in 1 day. 100 steps = 1 Play coin. Quick way to get Play coins = Close your 3DS while being turned On, shake / swing your 3DS to get the steps quickly.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Is Star Fox 64 3D worth buying and playing? I know that it's 1. cheap right now and 2. is a remake of a game that many consider the pinnacle of the series, but I've been on the fence for some time. I've played both the original and Star Fox 2 on the SNES Classic and enjoyed them somewhat, but they didn't wow me either.

I've also played the Star Fox Zero demo but didn't particularly care for that either; in that case, I think I was put off by the controls.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Bmartin001

Which 3ds zelda game would you recommend for a someone who's never played a zelda game before..

Edited on by Bmartin001

Nintendo Switch Freind Code: SW-0713-2551-1043

gcunit

@Bmartin001 Definitely not Majora's Mask, it's got a bit too much going on mechanics wise with a time limit, various masks, various side quests, various songs - it's a bit too technical for a Zelda noob, I would suggest. I'd beaten Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time and Breath of the Wild before taking on Majora's Mask, and I still find it a bit of a chore to get back into the swing of the mechanics each time I go back to it after a break.

I would suggest you start with Ocarina of Time. It's the classic Zelda. If there's one 'Zelda' game to play before you die, it's got to be Ocarina. Breath of the Wild is ultimately better in my eyes, but as so many Zelda fans like to grumble, it doesn't adhere to the classic Zelda format, unlike Ocarina.

But I've not yet played A Link Between Worlds so can't offer much about it. It's a different style obviously, but I don't think I've ever read a bad word about it, so you can't really go wrong between it and Ocarina.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

@Bmartin001 For 3DS Zelda games, I'd suggest either A Link Between Worlds or Ocarina of Time 3D.

Ocarina of Time 3D is a 3D adventure game that was originally on the N64. It doesn't take long to get going, is an epic adventure, and helped to establish many series staples. It's widely regarded as one of the best games of all time. It also makes excellent use of the 3D effect, though there is some odd texture pop-in at times due to the old assets.

A Link Between Worlds is an amazing top-down Zelda title that makes excellent use of its in-game mechanics and the 3DS's 3D effect. It also loosely tosses out the formula established in earlier games and uses an item rental system; you can eventually buy these items. The game is a sort of sequel/soft reboot of A Link to the Past but doesn't require having played that title for enjoyment.

While Majora's Mask is an excellent game and one of my favorite Zelda titles, it's definitely not beginner-friendly and has some mechanics that frustrate a certain crowd ad well. Plus, it's a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time, so you'd be better off playing that one first before tackling it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Magitek_Knight

Assuming I know nothing about the Pokemon series (because I managed to pretty much avoid since the 90s), can someone recommend me where to get started on it based on what's available in the 3DS Eshop/Virtual Console? I've never really given it a chance and am interested in trying the series after all these years.

Edited on by Magitek_Knight

I didn't like Breath of the Wild, have I mentioned it yet today?

Magitek_Knight

@Anti-Matter None of those seem to be on the Eshop :/

Magitek_Knight

@Anti-Matter Okay, I found them after searching but I honestly don't want to spend $40 on something just to try it out. I was hoping there would be something older and cheaper I could try.

Edited on by Magitek_Knight

gcunit

@Magitek_Knight If you want a feel for where it all started, get Pokémon Yellow from the eshop. It's from the first generation of Pokémon games, released as a Game Boy Colour game.

Magitek_Knight

@gcunit I ended up getting Pokemon Red, so pretty much the same thing without the color.

gcunit

@Magitek_Knight Cool, enjoy. You're doing what I started last year, except I went with Yellow.

Late

Just now discovered that Atlus RPGs are on sale again on 3DS. At least in Europe. Don't know about other regions. They were frequently on sale for a while but then the 3DS sales slowed down. The prices are better than ever too. Etrian Odyssey IV, Etrian Odyssey Untold and SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers go for 5€ and bunch of other games are 60% off. Even Persona Q2 is currently 45% off. Offer lasts for 19th.

Really tempted to just go and buy all the ones I don't have yet. When am I going to be able to play through multiple huge RPGs though? I haven't even beaten any of the Atlus RPGs I already have. The closest I've gotten was SMT IV and even then I was probably only halfway through first playthrough in a game with multiple endings.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Krull

@Late Thanka for the heads-up! Might have to check that out!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Noble_Haltmann

For anyone who hasn’t played it, I’d HIGHLY recommend Kirby: Planet Robobot. A very visually unique, varied gameplay filled platformer that’s just straight up fun if not especially challenging. The robobot armor is a great gimmick that makes you feel powerful, but not ridiculously so. It also has an epic soundtrack and finale, and loads of content for a 3ds game, including a meaty post-game. You also don’t need to be a Kirby fan to enjoy it fully. I wasn’t one at the time but I am now because of it! 😁

Edited on by Noble_Haltmann

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

Ninfan

if I put some funds into my switch eshop account, will it turn up on my 3DS eshop funds?

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

if I put some funds into my switch eshop account, will it turn up on my 3DS eshop funds?

As long you linked up the same account from Switch to 3DS or from 3DS to Switch.
And the region of both account must be same.
Your fund on Switch eshop can be allocated to 3DS eshop and vice versa.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic