Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 2,677

drcigg

im looking specifically for games only available on 3ds eshop. Here are some games I own so far: Super mario bros, mario kart, monster hunters 3 ultimate, Donkey kong country returns, Zelda a link between worlds, pokemon x.

I have played all the mega mans and thoroughly enjoyed them. I also like racing games, first person or 3rd person shoot em ups, rpg's, puzzle games, action.
I want to try something new.

drcigg

mimi85

If you like Mega man, Fracture Soul should be worth a look

mimi85

Warruz

So is there any good less obvious retail games for 3DS? Ones that can easily fly under the radar that where actually good?

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

devinias

I have about enough credit left after getting SMT IV, for a $19 game...any recommendations??

Also any thoughts on if "Code of Princess" will go on sale again? It seems Atlus is rolling through a game a week for a sale price. I have all the Etrian games and SMT IV...just need a few more.

Edited on by devinias

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Spoony_Tech

Warruz wrote:

So is there any good less obvious retail games for 3DS? Ones that can easily fly under the radar that where actually good?

Speaking of flying under the radar lol, Ace Combat is really fun. Also not sure how under the radar these 2 are but Devil Survivor Overclocked and Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. Both are similar to Fire Emblem Awakening if you didn't know.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CroRock

If anyone here is on fence with Mario & Luigi: Dream Team like I was... just go and spend your money, you won't regret.
IMHO it is much better than Super Mario 3D Land. Great, great game if you have any interest in RPG.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Ralizah

Raylax wrote:

I've got a week off work, which seems like a good opportunity to blitz through a good lengthy 3DS adventure. All of these look interesting to me, but I can't make a choice between them. So you choose for me!

Virtue's Last Reward
Fire Emblem Awakening
Bravely Default
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Entrian Odysset IV
Project X Zone

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW.

GAH
Why don't you ask me which leg I'd rather be shot in? It'd be an easier decision.

Aside from a bug or two, Virtue's Last Reward is a masterpiece. Although you'll get more out of it if you've already played 999. Either way, you'll not be left out of the loop The story is complex, dark, and something only a visual novel could tell adequately

If you HAVE played 999, then here's what to expect: a less 'tense' overall atmosphere, but greater narrative and thematic complexity. There is voice acting for almost all of the dialogue (if you're American, our version has an EXCELLENT English dub, in addition to the original Japanese audio), sprites have been replaced with 3D models, and instead of having to replay the game over and over, along with the same early puzzles, you get a kind of... flow chart for navigating the various narrative branches.

Of course, this is mostly a visual novel, and thus the only real gameplay in it is figuring out various locked room puzzles.

FE:A and EOIV are both superb RPGs. EOIV is extremely satisfying, but FE:A has the overall better presentation, with gorgeous cutscenes, beautiful music, and a ton of content.

But, if it only comes down to one, then VLR.

@CroRock
Glad to hear the vote of confidence for a game I'm still iffy about, but that's kind of apples and oranges, isn't it? How do you compare an RPG to a platformer?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Socar

CroRock wrote:

If anyone here is on fence with Mario & Luigi: Dream Team like I was... just go and spend your money, you won't regret.
IMHO it is much better than Super Mario 3D Land. Great, great game if you have any interest in RPG.

Agreed. While its story is not so great, its definitely an awesome game. My favorite 3DS game of all time.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Guovssohas

Started playing Luigis Mansion 2 a couple days ago and gotta say it's really really good. Much better than i thought it would be. I never played the original so the experience was so "fresh" for me, something different.

The graphics are incredible for the 3ds, every room and area is so detailed and the 3D effect is superb. Music is good and gameplay is great also. It also has tons of small secrets and stuff to collect or find, which i love. If u are an explorer this is a perfect game for you.

I've actually had the game for a quite long time but haven't gotten to play it until now since my brother had it.

Bottom line is that LM2 is a must have on the 3ds. If you don't have it, get it now.

Guovssohas

CroRock

@Ralizah
I mentioned SM3DL because it got much higher review scores then Dream Team and while I quite like SM3DL, I found myself enjoying more with Dream Team. And while I just grabbed SM3DL when I bought 3ds, I was calculating with Dream Team for some time. Other games were on higher priority list. Man I was wrong. Probably just because of that
Luigi Mansion 2 is my next after Bravely Default... thanks for that @Guovssohas :S

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Warruz

Thoughts on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror Fate ?

Its on sale for $15 and while its towards the bottom of my list, at that price what are the thoughts?

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Warruz wrote:

Thoughts on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror Fate ?

Its on sale for $15 and while its towards the bottom of my list, at that price what are the thoughts?

It's a steal for 15$. Some of the best use of 3d to date. If you like your Castlevania more on the combat side then you'll like it. Not much exploration but there is some.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

croz

Hey guys, I am Looking at getting Virtue's Last Reward. I've noticed it has been recommended quite a few times which is great, however I wanted to confirm if the saving bug was fixed on the EU eshop before I picked it up. Cheers

croz

Mansa

My mother is about to get me a new game for my birthday (24th)

It was a bit unexpected so I am trying to decide between pokemon X/Y or something else. Recommendations are really appreciated. Help please?

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

RR529

Just got $21 for my birthday, so I should be able to get something soon. (I also have a bunch of change I've saved up for months, so I'll be able to add that to the total as well once I count it all up, and I got a 20% off coupon from Gamestop, so all together hopefully I'll be able to get something decent).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

6ch6ris6

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

RR529

6ch6ris6 wrote:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

Tales of the Abyss & Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance are your only options I believe (Rune Factory 4 may have real time combat as well, but I haven't played it so I wouldn't know).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

6ch6ris6

oh i thought tales of the abyss was turnbased. i tried the demo for kingdom hearts and hated it :/

maybe i will try the rune factory series. but it is also heavy on farming and i am already addicted to animal crossing new leaf

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

CanisWolfred

6ch6ris6 wrote:

oh i thought tales of the abyss was turnbased.

Nope. It's an acton RPG. A very good one, too. The characters might take some time to grow on you, but they will - unlike a lot of RPGs, some of the characters actually change and grow for the better as the game progresses. The story is very interesting, and the combat is pretty good, especially if you haven't played the later games in the series (Vesperia, Graces f, Xillia). Definitely worth a shot if you can get ahold of it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic