Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 2,675

Spoony_Tech

@ClassicSonicFan I'm getting Zelda and also have Animal Crossing. At the end of the day I ask myself what have I really done in AC! Its a good game but it does get tedious after a while for me anyways. Get both if you can but at least you know you'll love Zelda!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SammyOfMobius

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@ClassicSonicFan I'm getting Zelda and also have Animal Crossing. At the end of the day I ask myself what have I really done in AC! Its a good game but it does get tedious after a while for me anyways. Get both if you can but at least you know you'll love Zelda!

True... Zelda does look better!

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

feelthesarcasm

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

Well I decided I am going to save it for after Christmas and get the Disney Infinity game for the Wii u. I'm going to buy Sonic Lost World for my son for Christmas. I tried the demo for the Lego game and it was way too hard for me. I'm pretty sure Blackgate would be up there for difficulty (for me personally) so I'm not getting it.

Stay far away from Lego Marvel Super Heroes. If you've played any other lego game on the 3DS it's nothing like it. It's not worth the money and plays more like a beat em up than the other lego games.

Currently playing: M&L: Dream Team. Ace Attorney Dual Destinies

Waiting for: Kirby Triple Deluxe, Super Smash Bros, Puzzle & Dragons Z, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney

3DS Friend Code: 4484-9013-4735

Cream147

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Should I get Animal Crossing New Leaf or LoZ: A Link Between Worlds? I know A Link Between Worlds isn't out yet, but I believe people should know what it'll be like since it's basically a Link to the Past sequel. I may get New Leaf since it's cheaper and I already own 9 Zelda games, but I want you guys' suggestions. Please respond soon! Well, at least reply by November 22nd, but the sooner the better!

Such drastically different games - it's hard to know where to go with this. New Leaf is a superb game but I bet ALBW will be too. Have you ever played an Animal Crossing game before? If you haven't I'd heartily recommend New Leaf - it's a fantastic game in the series, and if you haven't played any game in the series before it will have a lot of additional novelty value for you. If you have 9 Zelda games, I don't really need to tell you what to expect from ALBW. The question is are you up for another Zelda adventure or not really? If you are, then I don't doubt that that game will satisfy your craving. If you're looking for a more sedate experience, maybe a game to eat up half an hour chunks of your life, then Animal Crossing is that game.

Cream147

rockodoodle

I got Kid Icarus about a month ago but never got motivated to play it. Dang, this is a cool game. Love it so far. I'm somewhat of a casual gamer and love it.

rockodoodle

rockodoodle

Artwark wrote:

@Classicsonicfan

Have you gotten Sonic Lost World for 3DS? It looks awesome.

would like to hear a report if so- not sure if I should get the 3ds version or Wii U. Leaning toward 3ds b/c it's cheaper.

rockodoodle

ilovegaming

Royalblues wrote:

Etrian Odyssey IV and also Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl are easy recommendations from me. That is, if you are into hardcore, and I do mean hardcore dungeon crawler-JRPG games. The games are hard, but they only get better as you go along, and are well narrated. They have an easy mode as well.

And the music is glorious...

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

ShadowJuice

I just bought a 3ds for pokemon and want to get a second game so I wont get burned out on pokemon to quickly. My three top choices right now are Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Monster Hunter 3 Ulitmate. I have never played any of these games before. I would prefer a game with a strong story as well as fun gameplay. Other suggestions are welcome, RPG preferd, please be detailed about which game you suggest.

ShadowJuice

Spoony_Tech

@ShadowJuice All of those are great choices!! Monster Hunter though doesn't have much of a story but you can get upwards of 500 hours out of it. Fire Emblem has a great story and wonderful gameplay and its also long with dlc that's actually worth getting. Well OOT simply has to be played by everyone imo. Its not considered the best game ever made by some for no reason!! Go with Zelda and you can't go wrong! I could also tell you many more good rpgs on the system and you can check the eshop for demos of some of them. Check out Etrian Odyssey IV and Etrain Odyssey Untopd for demos. Also SMT IV is my favorite game of the year so far with a really good story! I could go on but you have plenty already to choose from!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rockodoodle

ShadowJuice wrote:

I just bought a 3ds for pokemon and want to get a second game so I wont get burned out on pokemon to quickly. My three top choices right now are Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Monster Hunter 3 Ulitmate. I have never played any of these games before. I would prefer a game with a strong story as well as fun gameplay. Other suggestions are welcome, RPG preferd, please be detailed about which game you suggest.

My favorites- Rayman Origins, Kid Icarus and Mario Kart 7.....

rockodoodle

Kolzig

Is Amazon.co.uk still the cheapest way for European customers to get Nintendo's 1st party 3DS games?

Also additional question regarding shopto.net, is there something suspicious about that site or is ok since they have sometimes quite good deals? I got my Castlevania yesterday, but it was not sealed and wrapped in plastic like new games are always. Everything inside was intact and I didn't see any wear&tear or fingerprints inside. However there was no Club Nintendo points voucher inside like there usually is with Nintendo platform games. Does Castlevania LoS:MoF come with the points voucher or not? If it does then somebody in that shop took it from the box before shipping it.

I got a 3DS XL about 3-4 weeks ago and I've been trying to keep myself at bay and not buy too much and instead actually play the games I have. So far I got Ghost Recon Shadow Wars the great Julian Gollop's game, Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros and Castlevania LoS: MoF. These will keep me busy for a long time, but I'll keep my eye out for the several 1st party classics.

Edited on by Kolzig

Nintendo Network ID: Kolzig

Tobiaku

Professor Layton and the miracle mask is good

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

DarkCoolEdge

ShadowJuice wrote:

Those three games are great.

I can't tell you about RPG because I haven't played one yet although I've just bought Tales of the Abyss.
If you want an interesting (not good) story and fun gameplay you can't go wrong with Resident Evil: Revelations. The campaign is twelve hours long but with missions, different dificulties and the great assault mode it could last you much more.

I also liked a lot Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate but it is a divisive title and it will last you a lot less.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

ShadowJuice wrote:

Etrian Odyssey IV
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl
Tales of the Abyss 3D
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Devil Survivor: Overclocked
Fire Emblem Awakening
Rune Factory 4

Need I go on?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

Need I go on?

Yes, please do!

MERG said:

FishieFish

Kolzig wrote:

Is Amazon.co.uk still the cheapest way for European customers to get Nintendo's 1st party 3DS games?

Also additional question regarding shopto.net, is there something suspicious about that site or is ok since they have sometimes quite good deals? I got my Castlevania yesterday, but it was not sealed and wrapped in plastic like new games are always. Everything inside was intact and I didn't see any wear&tear or fingerprints inside. However there was no Club Nintendo points voucher inside like there usually is with Nintendo platform games. Does Castlevania LoS:MoF come with the points voucher or not? If it does then somebody in that shop took it from the box before shipping it.

I got a 3DS XL about 3-4 weeks ago and I've been trying to keep myself at bay and not buy too much and instead actually play the games I have. So far I got Ghost Recon Shadow Wars the great Julian Gollop's game, Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros and Castlevania LoS: MoF. These will keep me busy for a long time, but I'll keep my eye out for the several 1st party classics.

Amazon is completely legit and normally the cheapest.
As for Castlevania, it came with Club Nintendo points and it's normally sealed.
You got robbed, but they are normally a legit site so I'm not sure why they did that, it's probably because of the buy three get the fourth free game promo Europe did.

"No one said you could touch."

Spoony_Tech

UndergroundGemz wrote:

Anyone play heroes of ruin? How is it?

Its ok if you can get it cheap. I was hoping it was more like an MMO and would last 100s of hours but sadly you can do everything in like 30 or so hours and that's leveling all 4 character! There is fun to be had though and if you can find someone to play with then its value goes even higher.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic