Based on the manga created by Yoichi Takahashi, the game is set to follow the athletic exploits of Tsubasa Ozora and the glory his teammates experience under his leadership. If you've missed previous entries or haven't heard of the series before, the game is essentially an arcade soccer experience which will no doubt feel right at home for fans of Inazuma Eleven.
The series' anime aesthetic will return in full force here, with players being able to pull off a variety of offensive and defensive moves on the field as they play. Multiple gameplay modes have been promised for the title, including Story Modes, Versus Mode, and Online Versus Mode.
Here's a feature list provided by Bandai Namco:
- Part of the globally popular Captain Tsubasa series, this title has anime-like graphics that are familiar even overseas.
- The detailed presentation of every single style of our popular characters will heat up battles of the new Captain Tsubasa game!
- Super plays clashing in high-speed! “Arcade football action”
- This title adopts the arcade football genre that allows gamers to experience super plays in real time, one of the reasons Captain Tsubasa games are so popular.
- This is an exhilarating action game that enables players to enjoy scoring goals while performing dream skills against opponents at high speed by mastering the simple controls.
No release date has been provided just yet so we'll make sure to keep an eye out for any further announcements. In the meantime, though, we'd love to hear your thoughts.
Are you a fan of the series? Are you surprised to see it make its way to Switch, especially in the west? Tell us below.