Everyone already figured it was just a matter of time; After War comes Death and according to an EB Game Canada listing, Death rides once more for all Switch owners this Summer. THQ Nordic has yet to officially confirm the game at this time, but we suspect that now that Death is out of... erm, wherever they store him between re-releases.
According to the listing, for $29.99 Switch owners can pick up (the once again 'puntasticly' titled) Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition on August 30, along with the following features:
- Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell.
- Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad.
- Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armour sets, weapons, and Skill Trees allowing players to create their own Death.
- Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full levelling system, Skill Trees and endless equipment combinations.
- Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before
Darksiders II was a launch title for the Wii U back in 2012 but sadly never received the complete DLC contents from other versions so this second coming of the Pale Rider to Nintendo platforms might be an excellent option for series completists to tick that off their bucket list. We here at the NL towers certainly foster great memories of Michael Wincott's voice work, Joe Madureira's unmistakable art and the game's otherworldly soundtrack by Jesper Kyd.
If that wasn't enough, EB Canada has also listed Biomutant for Switch. This is another game by THQ Nordic yet to be confirmed for the platform. According to the website, it will cost $59.99 and is due out on 30th March 2020. Here's the official description for the game along with a cinematic trailer:
Biomutant is an open-world, post-apocalyptic kung-fu fable RPG, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action.
Did you avenge War before or will this be your first time impersonating Death? Do you hope to see the return of the 'Quality vs. Performance' option from Darksiders: Warmastered Edition? How about Biomutant - would you like to see it on the Switch? Make haste for the comments section for Death awaits for no man... or official announcements it would seem.