Nintendo really is pulling out all the stops for this weekend's Mario Day. We've already seen Mario game discounts through the North American My Nintendo site and double reward points offers in Europe, and now even more savings are on the way.
Nintendo is offering North American players some special deals on select Mario games for the Switch. Between the 10th and 16th March, you can pick up a Switch system and one of five selected games starring Mario for a suggested retail price of $329.98 (saving you $30 from the usual price).
On top of that, digital download codes for the very same games will be available from participating retailers for just $39.99 each. Here are the fives games available in the offer for both of these deals (with descriptions from Nintendo thrown in for good measure):
- Super Mario Party, an uproarious party game for up to four players. Play as classic characters in a series of more than 80 fun new minigames.
- Super Mario Odyssey, a massive globe-trotting 3D adventure for one to two players. Using his new ally Cappy to control objects, animals and enemies, Mario explores multiple creative Kingdoms to collect Power Moons.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the multiplayer high-speed racer. Race friends through colorful tracks using iconic characters like Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, and even Link from The Legend of Zelda series and the Inklings from Splatoon.
- Mario Tennis Aces, a multiplayer sports game. Play locally or online with friends in fast-paced tennis matches across multiple modes.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, a multiplayer side-scrolling platformer with 164 creative and challenging levels.
The official Nintendo site suggests that GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart will be home to the offers mentioned above in various forms, so make sure to be on the lookout when these go live on Sunday.
Will you be treating yourself to any of these offers? Let us know in the comments.