Next week sees the launch of Airheart - Tales of broken Wings on Nintendo Switch, a game full of airplanes, action, and a whole lot of battling.
The game is described as a "dieselpunk airplane action game", all set in the world above the clouds. As you can see in the trailer up above, every level is built on top of the last one, with the world around you seemingly going from season to season as you make it all the way up to the stratosphere. You'll be defeating enemies as you explore, salvaging their scrap and reusing it to craft new parts for your airplane.
The Switch release brings with it some new, exclusive content in the form of a Party Mode. In this mode, players can aim to beat their highscore, playing with up to three friends locally in an attempt to manoeuvre the exploration Zeppelin on its way to the stratosphere. You can find more details about the game in the feature list below:
- Action packed airplane battles against pirates, high tech drones and furious bosses
- Search and hunt for flying fish in an ecosystem that changes depending on your behaviour.
- Unique tinkering system to craft over 40 airplane parts and weapons to customise your plane
- Explore 14 levels with ever changing seasons, built on top of each other.
- Custom made soundtrack and a story narration voiced by Kira Buckland
If you like the look of this one, you'll be able to pick it up on Switch from 31st January for $17.99 / £11.99. It released on Steam last summer to "mostly positive" reviews.
What do you think? Are you feeling ready to take to the skies? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.