Houndpicked Games has announced that it will be handling publishing duties for Troglobytes Games' upcoming twin-stick shooter HyperParasite - which includes a future release on Switch.
HyperParasite is described as a "relentless twin-stick shooter/brawler with rogue-lite mechanics", and looks full to the brim with funky '80s-inspired visuals and fast-paced action. The game's cast of characters features 60 different classes, with players able to exploit their attributes, weapons, and moves inside the comical, brawling action.
There's a total of 13 game levels on offer - five main levels and eight sub-levels - with a boss fight featured at the end of each main level and several mini-bosses scattered throughout. Make sure to check out the feature list and screenshots below for more information.
- A fresh twist on the genre: hop from one host body to another
- 60 Playable Characters to Body-Snatch and utilise their attributes
- Unique retro 3D-pixelated visual style
- Original retro inspired synth-wave soundtrack
- Cast+weapon includes - cops+guns, Werewolves+claws, robots+lasers, aliens and so much more
- Procedurally generated levels that will play differently each time, challenging even the most seasoned of players
- Extremely fun co-op mode: will the humans handle TWO HyperParasites?
Development has only recently begun on the Switch version of the game, although the final release date is expected to match that of other platforms by launching in 2019.
What are your initial thoughts on this one? Will you be keeping an eye out for more news on this as it develops? Let us know below.