Standalone Pink Nintendo 3DS XL System Coming To UK in May

Posted by Martin Watts

Europe-wide release is likely

Nintendo UK has announced that a pink 3DS XL system will be available to purchase from 31st May as a standalone model in the UK.

A pink version of the 3DS XL has been available in North America since late last year, whereas Europe has only had the option of purchasing the original 3DS in this colour until now.

We've also been informed that Nintendo of Europe will be bringing the system to other European territories as well, but we cannot yet confirm what these dates are. We'll be sure to let you know if we find further details.

Will you be opting for a pink 3DS XL come the end of May? Let us know in the comments section below!

Cesco

Cesco said:

Nintendo should definitely make a limited edition by using this shade of pink and putting the face of Kirby in front :-)

That would be the coolest 3DS XL ever

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

@Cesco OH HELL YEAH!

cough sorry, didn't mean to shout. That's a great idea though!

Nintendo can easily make some new LE consoles. Where's the Luigi Green 3DS XL?!

miron_khuzd

miron_khuzd said:

That pink is more 'acid' than standard 3DS pink though :D And yeah, other European territories are getting it in the near future as well.

coboalice

coboalice said:

Yes!!! Been waiting for a hot pink XL ever since the announced the XL.

I was going to trade in my red XL and get the Animal Crossing New Leaf one, but now I've changed my mind - this one for sure! :)

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

My daughter will probably want one. My wife & I may eventually trade in one of our regular 3DSs towards an XL at some point.

Sakura

Sakura said:

Another one!!! Quite like this one. But not as much as the purple 3ds they have in the US

Musharna

Musharna said:

This article is misleading(?), NA got a Pink x white 3DS XL not an all Pink 3DS XL. Might want to fix that.

GameGoddess32

GameGoddess32 said:

@Cesco I agree...I LOVED the idea of the light pink one,but I'd prefer this pink better..but I'm really hoping for a purple one like the regular 3DS :)