Nintendo Download: 4th October 2012 (Europe)

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Puzzling moles, demo pinball and more fatal fury

It's time for our regular Monday pick-me-up in the form of the European Nintendo Download update. Only three new offerings this week, but let's get to it.

3DS eShop

Mole Mania (Nintendo, £2.69/€2.99) — Mole Mania arrived in the North American store earlier in the summer, but those in Europe curious about this Game Boy puzzle title — produced by Shigeru Miyamoto — can finally see what it's all about. It's all about solving puzzles by alternating between navigating an underground area and moving objects around on the surface, with enemies and boss battles thrown in. Despite the odd control niggle, we gave it a solid recommendation in our Mole Mania review.

3DS eShop Demo

Marvel Pinball 3D (Zen Studios, Free) — It's a demo! In Europe! Once you get past the excitement of seeing a new demo pop up in the eShop, we recommend that you download right away. The big bonus is that it's free, of course, but it's also a sample of a rather excellent handheld pinball game, as our Marvel Pinball 3D review explains.

Wii Virtual Console

Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers (D4 Enterprise, 900 points) — This arrives in Europe just one week after gracing the North American Wii Virtual Console, bringing with it plenty of fighters and move-sets to learn. There have been a fair number of Fatal Fury titles — this is number seven — and we're currently brawling and scrapping to bring you a review.

A relatively humble list this week, do let us know what you're downloading and what you think in the comments below.

What will you be downloading first this week? (100 votes)

Mole Mania (3DS Virtual Console)

16%

Marvel Pinball 3D Demo (eShop)

39%

Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers (Wii Virtual Console)

10%

Nothing this week

35%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

BenAV

BenAV said:

Nothing from the eShop for me once again, haven't bought a thing since Picross e.
On a real hot streak there Nintendo of Europe.

akabenjy

akabenjy said:

@BenAV I know me too:( I want Fractured Soul. I'd like to support an Aussie Dev and Cave Story + would be awesome too.

BenAV

BenAV said:

It would be much appreciated if we got Hana Samurai (I think that's what it's being called here), Fractured Souls or DenpaMen sooner rather than later.

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

Can't wait to play Mole Mania and ill be demoing Marvel Pinball. I do have the original Zen Pimball but M.P. may impress me.

shynra

shynra said:

Im waiting for King of fighters 96! My personal favorate! Have the wii collection disc but would be happy to nab it to sit on my wii channel

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

I agree with @BenAV; NA always gets so many great games that we have to wait so long for, and they complain because they don't get VC games, which have already been released years ago, so if they really want those games they should go and buy a gameboy and those games off eBay!

MAB

MAB said:

Most of the games we are waiting for look boring anyway. Give me some of those GBA games and that Game Gear RPG everyone keeps talking about ;) I reckon when I get my WiiU the old 3DS will sit on the shelf for a while if they keep on going down this track.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

For us in NA we get:
WiiWare
Drop Zone: Under Fire

3DS eshop
Cave Story
Samurai G

DSiWare
Academy: Chess Puzzles

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

No love for Mole Mania? It's one of Nintendo's best ever Game Boy games. I'd encourage anyone who hasn't tried it already to give it a go, it's actually suprisingly similar to the GB Zelda games in a lot of ways.

PixelatedPixie

PixelatedPixie said:

I might pick up Mole Mania at a later date but nothing is really calling out to me this week. I'm still bashing my head against a brick wall in La Mulana, so it'll probably be a while before I need a new game.

Late

Late said:

Was hoping for Denpa Men, Petit Computer or Shining Force. Well, maybe next week then...

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

Just a note that VVVVVV will finally be released in the Australian eShop this week. Judging by the American and European prices, it is likely to cost $12, however, this may be subject to change.

3DSNoobieNerd

3DSNoobieNerd said:

Downloading the demo. I already played marvel pinball in the ps3 and I thought it was great, so it cant be bad on the 3ds.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Another ugly week for downloadables here in EU

I disagree. Two Virtual Console games in one week makes for a good week. Even if you're not interested in the specific games personally, be thankful that they are off the coming soon list at least.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I agree with some of the others that there are numerous eShop titles I'd love to see released in the PAL region. But there are still a lot of eShop & VC titles that are awesome & I haven't bought yet so I myself am happy to wait :P & Ooooooh freebie! :D

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

This is the line up I expected last week, oh well, I'm sure Nintendo can compensate by giving us Denpamen AND Cave Story+ next week.... Seriously I don't want to be waiting months or years for these titles, it was bad enough for the DSiware version of CS to not arrive like intended, in PAL territories.

jlenoconel

jlenoconel said:

Start putting Neo Geo and SNES games on the 3DS and I might just download something. The choices they're giving right now are lame.

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

I want SMB: the lost levels FDS game :( Not a remake that changes and ruin everything, just the original game to be played on the 3DS.

Kafei2006

Kafei2006 said:

I wish we got news of Denpa Men in Europe, as well as the new version of Cave Story.

25thquarterking

25thquarterking said:

Everyone in AUS and NZ are waiting for Cave Story + and all the other games that haven't arrived yet after a year of them already being released overseas. Hope's beginning to fade a bit for me as go to the Australian éShop after two weeks and see it hasn't updated. :/

@sillygostly: I hope you're right about VVVVV, it'd be cool to finally see it down here

Fabian

Fabian said:

@25thquarterking Just change your Region to Europe to get the games you want if you change it back to AUS you still have those games and all your points.Try it out

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

Well now I can check if it's more fun than the first eShop Pinball game they released. :) Anyway I am getting pretty psyched for todays Nintendo Direct!

TheAmazingRaccoon

TheAmazingRaccoon said:

Might get Liberation Maiden but will wait for review. not good that the video doesn't show the gameplay in action.