New Marvel Avengers Media Assembles

Posted by Mike Mason

Hulk out

It's summer, now traditionally the season of the superhero, so Ubisoft has released some new screenshots and a CG trailer of Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth to celebrate. There's also some cool key art from Marvel artist Leinil Yu.

Marvel Avengers is coming to Wii U later on this year and will give you the chance to get to grips with some of your favourite heroes and villains: Iron Man, Spider Man, Venom and Magneto are just a few of the 20 characters on offer. Expect motion controlled moves a-plenty.

It's not out until autumn 2012, so you've got plenty of time to get all your superhero garb together after you've looked at the media below. Now where did we leave our capes...?

hydeks

hydeks said:

Looks like there doing the same thing that Konami did on the old TMNT Fighters game for Genesis where they had evil clones.

Otherwise, my first thought when I seen the half ed screens from E3 where mixed, but now seeing this it makes me interested in the game. I'm curious to know why it's coming to Wii U and Kinect but not the Move, seems like Sony just doesn't have the crediablity it had with PSOne and PS2.

belmont

belmont said:

It is obvious that this is the "Secret Invasion" storyline. Without spoiling much an alien race somehow secretly changed key people on earth with their agents, including members of the avengers and the fantastic four. Seems strange to me that this game won't also be released on PS3 since it is on x-box.

Koos

Koos said:

Yeah its pretty weird in the film when new York is on the verge of Armageddon and Spiderman is Nowhere.

rjejr

rjejr said:

So it's an army of Superskrulls? Other than that video is useless. I've played some really good superhero games and some really bad superhero games and I have no idea even what TYPE of game this. It could be a FPS or 2D fighter or 4 person Gauntlet clone from that .

techwiz97

techwiz97 said:

I just finished watching the Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes (which is AMAZING, HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!) and thats where I learned about the scrulls (the green alien shape-shifters). Looks great to me! Can't wait!

Dodger

Dodger said:

So is this supposed to be canon with the cartoon? I haven't watched the second season but Skrull!Captain America wasn't in the movie and was in the cartoon. Maybe it happened in the comic strips too. I don't know.

It might be good. Might not be. I like the Avengers. Most movie games stink.

sykotek

sykotek said:

Trailer is meh, but I've been checking out the images. So, what is this exactly? A fighting game? It kinda reminds me of ...Rise of the Imperfects.