Marvel Pinball 3D's eShop Release Swings Closer

Posted by James Newton

Age rating outed

It's been a while since we had an update on Zen Studios' Marvel Pinball 3D, but fear not — it's definitely still happening.

The Australian classifications board has given the game a PG rating, which is nice. A recent Nintendo release schedule had the game down for the second quarter of this year, which draws to a close at the end of next month, so we'll hopefully be bumping balls around Spider-man in no time.

In the meantime if you're itching for some 3DS eShop pinball action you could always check out Zen Pinball 3D, which is out now.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Good to hear.
I've really enjoyed Zen Pinball 3D so I'll be sure to download this as soon as it's out.

Grackler

Grackler said:

Short of Fuse Games making another Metroid Pinball (or ninty giving us a new Pokemon Pinball of course!), this should sate my pinball-on-the-go needs!

James

James said:

@LEGEND_MARIOID Do they? That would certainly be interesting. I definitely haven't heard anything about that. I wonder what Zen Studios will show off at E3 this year.

Byron-3D

Byron-3D said:

Shame this isn't gonna be free dlc or even paid for instead of charging full wack for as a whole new game

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Can't wait for this. I was in a pinball mood last night so I fired up Zen pinball for a while. Bring it on!

@Byron This is going to be about the same content as zens other set so the price should be the same either way so it really doesn't matter.

ejamer

ejamer said:

Great news! Still playing and enjoying Zen Pinball. Not sure if I prefer having Marvel-based tables in a new game or additional DLC tables for the existing game... but will probably end up getting both when they are released.

Shworange

Shworange said:

It would have been awesome if Zen released this game as a paid DLC option for those who bought their earlier awesome version. They could have even released a seperate stand alone version for those who hadn't purchased the original, and offer the original as paid DLC. I know that there may be some confusion and worries about someone purchasing the DLC and then buying the same game in stand alone form. You get around this by putting the game into "already downloaded status for all who have purchased any form. Code it so if a redownload is attempted, it just downloads the previously purchased form.
...ok that was more rambling and wordy than I intended, I'm tired. ;)

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

@Donjwolf You and me both, good sir. Any word on when Farsight finally polishes up TPA for eShop? I'm sure the Zen and Marvel games are good, but something about playing real, physical tables in video format feels better to me. And there's always a chance you can find one around somewhere and be able to play the real deal after practicing a bunch in virtual form, whereas you'll never see a "Excalibur" table at an arcade... if you can even find an arcade anymore <<sheds tear, limps away>>

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

@LittleIrves Sadly no. Apparently they're having some difficulties getting the ROM emulation to work right and they haven't even given any estimate yet on when it will be out. I have a feeling we'd be waiting for a long while. The PC version (the other version that I am waiting for) is also up in the air, no thanks to Valve and their "Steam users don't play pinball games" statement. Who knows when I will ever see PC and 3DS versions of TPA...

Also, you and be both. I'd rather play reproductions of real tables as opposed to fantasy video-gamey tables.

RR529

RR529 said:

I for one can't wait for this! Loved Zen Pinball 3D.

I can understand the sentiments of those who want it as DLC, but I knew to expect otherwise ever since it was announced. After all, even on PS3, Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball were seperate games, so I don't see why that'd be different for 3DS. Both games have their own unique set of DLC however (Zen even has Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden tables), so I expect the 3DS versions will get DLC as well.

welsh_gamer

welsh_gamer said:

Feels like we've been waiting ages for this. Zen Pinball 3D is one of my most played 3DS titles, so I'll be downloading this one on release day. Was gutted that they didn't release it to tie in with The Avengers' release at cinemas.