Ubisoft Announces Racquet Sports for Wii
Posted by Corbie Dillard
Get into the swing of things!
Ubisoft has just announced that they'll be releasing a brand new title for North American Wii owners called Racquet Sports. The game will be targeted at families looking to enjoy a little Wii playing time together by allowing them to take part in five different racquet sports games.
You can check out a snippet from the official press release for a little more information on the title below.
For the first time, Racquet Sports serves up 5 of your favorite racquet games all in one product for Wii™. Players are immersed in stunning worldwide locations as they serve, rally and smash their way to the finals. Every family member can get into the action with easy-to-use controls that precisely simulate each player’s movements. From Party Mode to Championship Mode, Racquet Sports is fun for everyone!
Enjoy 5 diverse racquet sports, including:
- Beach Tennis
Simple and Effective Controls:
Anyone can pick up and play with intuitive Wii Remote™-based controls. Racquet Sports works with the Wii MotionPlus™ accessory for even more precision!
40 Rich Graphical Environments:
Play in an Underwater Reef, a Moroccan Palace, a New York Loft or a Fan-Filled Stadium. Over 40 spectacular locations in all!
Choose different looks and accessories to build hundreds of unique characters.
6 Modes of Play:
Compete in 6 different play modes that provide the perfect way for everyone to play, including:
- Quick Match (1-4 Players): Play a quick game of singles or doubles.
- Around the World (1-2 Players): Play in fabulous places all around the world.
- Party Mode! (1-4 Players): Play in fun party mode, where the rules are random! Have fun with playful balls and birdies and randomly selected wacky rules. You’ll never know what to expect.
- Championship (1-4 Players): Play a three- to six- match championship to see who can win the title.
- Tournament (1-4 Players): Win a trophy by beating your friends, family or computer opponent in a complete tournament.
- Training (1 Player): Get ready to sweat in training mode, where you will make remarkable progress and win the championship in no time.
Multi-Player, Split-Screen Action:
Compete with up to four friends or family members in split-screen mode for an ultra-realistic play experience.
We'll have more information on Racquet Sports as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the title when it hits North American retailers in March 2010.