Rygar and Moon Slip Quietly Onto Euro Shelves

Posted by Damien McFerran

Rising Star Games release Nintendo duo in The Old World

Rising Star have been working wonders lately, releasing some real gems of gaming goodness in Europe.

Two more titles were launched over the weekend in the shape of Renegade Kid's DS FPS Moon and Tecmo's Rygar: The Battle of Argus.

We covered Rygar a while back and were a little disappointed that it's little more than the PS2 original with a bit of waggle, but if you're a fan of mythical settings and blokes with massive, death-dealing discs on their arms then you could do a lot worse.

We'll be covering Moon shortly, so keep your eyes peeled.

Related Games

James

James said:

I never noticed these two had been released, although I do quite like the look of Moon. One to grab later on maybe.

opeter

opeter said:

Finally, I did already looked in stores for Rygar, but there was nothing in shops nearby. Maybe this week?

Machu

Machu said:

Might pick up Moon when I run out of games to play, but Rygar looks pants. I might try it when it's £7.99 pre-owned, which should be in a couple of weeks.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Glad too hear that Moon has reached Europe. Have high expectations for this game.

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

Rygar is a difficult one to judge; back when the PS2 version was released I adored the game and I think it's great that more people will get to experience it via the Wii update, but it's a shame that Tecmo couldn't have done a little more.

timp29

timp29 said:

Awww Prosody must have wanted that first pretty badly lol.

Moon looks intruiging. The DS game looks alright, the Wii version could be a decent FPS that slips under the radar (especially since the conduit seems to have not quite met expectations)

Objection

Objection said:

Ive heard Rygar Wii is pretty mediocre but Moon is supposed to be worth picking up. It seems very similar to Metroid Prime Hunters.

motang

motang said:

Was hoping for a better turn out with Rygar...oh well. It's on my list to pick up when it hits the bargain bin.

DK_vs_KK

DK_vs_KK said:

Moon looks interesting. Rygar however, looks like bargain bin material. I saw someone review it on a website, and I wasn't impressed by the game. I can't say I'm sold on either game, though.

MakeMyBiscuit

MakeMyBiscuit said:

I actually have Rygar and I have played it and I think it is a really fun game. I never played it on the PS2 but for what it is, I think it's great. I think some game reviewers are just jaded. I recommend you at least try it or rent it if you can. Again, I'm having a lot of fun with it so don't let what others say keep you from a fun game.

Pablo17

Pablo17 said:

I actually liked Rygar but I understand the average reviews it has received.

Crazed

Crazed said:

I've played through a bit of Moon, and I can say that I like it. Although I've only played about an hour of it, I'm already getting vibes of older Metroid games (with multiple weapons recieved over time and a map that expands as you progress through the game.) The controls work very well, and the music is great, but the graphics are a bit blocky. Overall, I would recommend it for shooter fans, particularly those that like Metroid and Doom.