Stride Gum Offers Steve Wiebe Consolation Prize

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Sometimes second place ain't so bad after all.

Even though Steve Wiebe didn't crack the DK record at E3, falling short a relatively measly 60,800 points below Billy Mitchell's whopping 1,050,200 score, he's still got something to show for it.

Stride Gum, who originally offered Wiebe $10,001 in quarters and a year's supply of their Uber Bubble gum as an incentive for smacking down the record, are sticking with him and throwing runner-up prizes his way: $2,500.25 in quarters, or 10,001 of them, and a year's supply of Uber Bubble, which he can chew as he plots and trains for his future revenge.

That's not all for Wiebe, oh no. Stride's offer stands through to the next E3, and if he can break the record at any public, Twin Galaxies-approved event in the meantime, well, he'll get the cash, glory and even more gum.

So much more gum.

[via crispygamer.com]

metakirbyknight

metakirbyknight said:

I hope Steve can crack Billy's record. Billy is a real jerk. He won't even do a live contest with Steve. With Billy it's always behind closed doors. With Steve it's at E3 broadcast live.

gblock

gblock said:

Business in the front, party in the back and Donkey Kong on the brain.....

Come on Steve!!!

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

I can't chew any gum other than stride now. It just lasts so long! Not only is this suck-up advertising, it's the truth.

Noire

Noire said:

I've tried chewing Stride, but every time I do I randomly get groin-shotted by rams. Needless to say, I stopped chewing Stride shortly afterwards.

AquaDan88

AquaDan88 said:

@ BMF JOE:
Come on, you've gotta love the mullet. _

But yea, Billy's a real @$$.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I hope Steve breaks the record again. I just can't stand that Billy Mitchell. Never could. When you've got the skills, you don't need to go around telling everyone about it.

Turbo_Genesis_64

Turbo_Genesis_64 said:

I sometimes think documentaries have slants, but some of the things Billy Mitchell said seemed pretty insecure. I want Billy Mitchell to start doing more live appearances. Until then, Steve will always be champ in my book.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Billy's a real @$$
I just can't stand that Billy
Billy is a real jerk
I hate you all.

Steviis_Father

Steviis_Father said:

I think Billy Mitchell ought to come out and do a live score, head-to-head with Steve. If he loses, then he gets to have Steve Wiebe spit some gum into his hair. That's justice.