LIT European Localization Completed

Posted by Corbie Dillard

The European release is almost here!

The guys at WayForward have just informed us that the localization for the European release of LIT has now been completed. The game has just been submitted to the PEGI ratings service and will soon be on its way to Nintendo of Europe for approval.

We've known that a few changes were being made to the European release for some time, but we were able to speak to WayForward's Adam Tierney and he gave us a bit more information on some of these changes.

• All Rachael phonecalls subtitled (in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Dutch).
  • C Button activates room objects, A button still activates handheld objects. No more accidental lamp deaths.
  • When shining flashlight around, objects remain lit longer.
  • Minor adjustments to ease of flashlight control.

Also, don't forget to check out our review of LIT, along with the two-part WayForward interview we did not long ago that has some great information on LIT, as well as their other great game releases.

Adam couldn't give us a definitive European release date for LIT, but he did say they were expecting it to hit the European WiiWare service around the end of June or early July.

We'll keep you posted on any new release date info as it becomes available. Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer. :)

Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Captain_Jack_Sparrow said:

WOW I'm actually first! :)
BTW I think its AWESOME that those in Europe can finally get LIT; it is indeed an AWESOME game! :D
So let's hear some rejoicing?! ;)

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I'm definitely going to get this after hearing about the improvements and given the devs love of Atari 2600 programming -- that deserves some kind of reward, Shirley?

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

This is a really great game and I'm happy Europe is finally getting it! As an owner of this game I have to say I'm a bit jealous that they are getting some features that we Americans are not. I can see how these updates would make the game much more enjoyable. Oh well, its still a great game none the less! Enjoy it people!:)

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

"When shining flashlight around, objects remain lit longer."

How is this an improvement? I don't want to get an easier version.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Well, at least it's not out this week, meaning I can spend some proper time with Icarian.

Terra

Terra said:

This will be great when it lands here. It's been a long time coming for us

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Won't be downloading it even though I'm a puzzle fan. It'll be too frustrating for me IMHO. But I do acknowledge its brilliance as seems to be the case from revws and hands on play tests

Vertigo

Vertigo said:

Got mine on US a few weeks ago. It's very good, well worth the download even with the trial and error bits.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

My release date prediction is 3rd of July, right wen I go on Holiday. It happened last year with Pop...

Objection

Objection said:

I wish that Ninty allowed more updates, so the NA version could see those changes. In either case, I still need to go back and get this.

motang

motang said:

Still need to pick this one up, summer vacation is approaching fast so all I will be doing is working, having fun, and playing video games...and not working about my final year for my Masters program. ...:)

rwq

rwq said:

I am from the future. LIT was delayed all the way up until Halloween.