- Release Date
- 2020 (US/Canada)
Sorry, no review of Liberated yet.
About The Game
Liberated is a video game that unfolds across the pages of a comic book. A revolution in digital comics, where action/adventure gameplay and story transition seamlessly across the pages of a hand-drawn graphic novel.
- A video game that you play within comic book pages.
- Side-scrolling action: gunplay, stealth, platforming.
- Branching dialogues, choices and consequences.
- Seamless transitions between gameplay and hand-drawn story panels.
Liberated explores a tangible near-future: an always-online society ripe for the bloom of authoritarianism.
As technology empowers government control, an insurgent group of Liberated men and women rises.
This is not a story about good vs. evil, it’s a story about people and the truths they hold. But truth is a matter of perspective.
- Different perspectives — Liberated spans several chapters—comic book issues—told through unique points of view and characters locked in a clash of ideals.
- Familiar technology in a noir near-future — social media, facial recognition, information warfare, social credit systems. Knowledge is power.
- Authoritarianism — how it is born in a democratic society, gradually develops, and ultimately consumes it.
- Revolution and terrorism — Liberated men and women rise against the new social order, but at what cost?