WiiWare Forum

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 241 to 260 of 677

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

241. Posted:

Tell me about it. I'm so happy to hear someone else appreciates that game like I do! I thought I was alone here. :)

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

242. Posted:

I do Knuckles but still have yet to beat it. The desert levels are kicking my butt

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

243. Posted:

@NintyFan
Cave Story plays a lot like Metroid/Super Metroid. It's a platformer/shooter, you play is with the Wii remote sideways. I HIGHLY recommend it.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

244. Posted:

Oh! and thanks for the recommendations homies!

i_am_error
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

245. Posted:

@Vaynard: I don't know how many stars I have but I did beat the game. The desert levels were tough, I remember them perfectly.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

R_A_W

246. Posted:

I recommend toribash. Its awesome.The fighting game that makes you think instead of button-mashing till you get blisters.

S.S.B.B.-1892-6052-2647 wii console-7267-6436-9520-7591
toribash-378-238-465-653
"Hiyabushi will never frown on anyone. He is fresh-faced and ready to dismember you at a moments notice"

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

247. Posted:

R.A.W. wrote:

I recommend toribash. Its awesome.The fighting game that makes you think instead of button-mashing till you get blisters.

In other words, it's like every fighting game that isn't Soul Calibur or one of those lame licensed fighters? Good to know.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

248. Posted:

@Mickeymac
AWWWWW, weeaaak dude. Soul Caliber is the sh*t.
But, no it's a far cry from just "not being" Soul Caliber or like SNK vs whatever they're fighting now. It's completely turn based and involves either expanding/contracting/relaxing/holding/etc. a number of joints on your fighter's body to create fighting moves. EXCELLENT SUPER SICK AWESOME GAME, in my humble opinion.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

bryguy1919

249. Posted:

I just bought Art Style Rorozoa and it is addicting as hell. Highly recommend it.

PSN: brrgpfife

AuthorMessage

Bones00

250. Posted:

I have 800 points left on my living room Wii. Would you recommend I use them on Bit Trip Runner or Lit? Thanks.

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964. 
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter: Bones00

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

251. Posted:

@Bones00: I would go for Runner.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Bones00

252. Posted:

@cheetahman91 Thanks.

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964. 
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter: Bones00

AuthorMessage

seed

253. Posted:

I have 1200 pts, I need some recommendations. Thinking about getiing 2 600pts games or a 500 and a 700

I want lenghty games, i like action, platforms, sports. It could be VC too, i have the classic control pro

Wii Friend Code: 8565 6330 4313 6069
Mario kart FC: 1033 - 1932 - 9476
TV show King 2 FC: 3824 9774 9849

AuthorMessage

ReddLionz

254. Posted:

Has anyone here tried And Yet It Moves? I was thinking about getting it but I'm not sure.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

AuthorMessage

ClickMaster

255. Posted:

I Just Got World Of Goo(Love it!) and Still Have 500 Pts. Left. Any Suggestions?

I already Have Defend Your Castle,Grill-Off-With ultra hand,Kirby's Adventure,Super mario bros. 3,The Legend Of Zelda,and Metroid.

I'm gonna Life forever-Or Die Trying

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

256. Posted:

The Magic Obelisk?

What genre are you looking towards?

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

Yasume

257. Posted:

ClickMaster wrote:

I Just Got World Of Goo(Love it!) and Still Have 500 Pts. Left. Any Suggestions?

I already Have Defend Your Castle,Grill-Off-With ultra hand,Kirby's Adventure,Super mario bros. 3,The Legend Of Zelda,and Metroid.

Tomena Sanner is IMO the best game of the WiiWare service to spend 500 points on.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

ToastyYogurt

258. Posted:

Hey guys. I just registered a points card on Wii, and I'm looking for some WiiWare to get. I have 2500 points.
My WiiWare games already:
Defend Your Castle
My Pokemon Ranch (My brother bought it...)
WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase
Groovin' Blocks

What I'm thinking of getting (in no particular order):
Tomena Sanner
Bit.Trip Beat (I played the demo)
Bit.Trip Runner
Other Bit.Trips?

And also, I'm a little interested in the WiiWare port of Cave Story. I've played the original and I love it, but I have a few questions about this one.

• Is the extra content really worth $12 when I already played the original?
  • I've look at Nicalis's website page for Cave Story, and the said that the WiiWare version is "20% Faster than the original" and I did notice that the video of the WiiWare game looked like it was going too fast. Is this really an improvement? Does this make the game harder? Can the game be brought back to it's original speed?
  • I've heard that there are some glitches with the new music and that Balrog doesn't say "Hazzah!" in the WiiWare game. I've heard that Nicalis wants to fix both of these for the EU version. Will they update the NA version after the EU version is released?
  • How are the extra modes?

I'm not deeply considering Cave Story WiiWare because it costs $12 when I can play it on my computer for free (albiet with none of the extra features).

Also, I want to know what other games you guys recommend, because I haven't been looking around WiiWare for a looooooooong time.

Loggeroggery! (Now Playing)
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

259. Posted:

Can't go wrong with any of the Bit.Trip's. I guess go with the one that intrigues you the most.

As for other recommendations, I'll shoot a few I can think of right now:
The Magic Obelisk
Flowerworks
HoopWorld
Water Warfare
And Yet It Moves
Art of Balance
TV Show King 2
Dive: TMIS
Jett Rocket
Swords & Soldiers

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

260. Posted:

Ok I have 1500 points left. Here are the games I have...

Bit Trip Beat, Void (which I hated), Runner
All three Phoenix Wright Games
FFIV: TAY and all DLC
FFCC: both King and Darklord
NyxQuest
Driift Mania
Brain Challenge
Lit
A Monstecca Corral
Blaster Master Overdrive
Tomena Sanner
Space Invaders Get Even (hated)
Flowerworks
Yard Sale Hidden Treasures
Rage of the Gladiator
Swords and Soldiers
Excitebike World Rally
Alien Crush Returns
Both Texas Holdem games
LostWinds

What I am not interested in is World of Goo, Bit Trip Core, LostWinds2 as i didn't like the first one, Onslaught and Cave Story. I generally am interested in RPG's and Strategy games, but they are limited on Wiiware. Therefore I am looking for action or adventure, platforming or as a low priority puzzlers depending on the type. I don't like to sit there and think on a problem for a couple of hours to solve it. Anyway there is a start.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player