Forums

Topic: POLL: What would you rather buy, Grand Slam Tennis, or VT2009?

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

ASDFGHJKL

Im still not sure wjich one to buy yet, though Im intereste in wii motion plus implementation. If VT09 plays as good as GST, I would buy it, but there is not much info on how it compares to GST. According to previews they are both innovating. So if Im not wrong, it comes to more features, or garaunteed good gameplay. So what do you think?

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Grand Slam Tennis was made from the ground up for Wii - that should be enough to convince you. It has party games just like VT, and way more legends. It also has a player creator (you can use your created players online), and career mode IIRC.

VT feels like it will just be a quick port with WM+ tacked on. I'll be buying GST

retired_account

Outrunner

Virtua Tennis if it's good. Being a Segahead and all.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

Edwicket

I'll wait for reviews and see which one uses Wii Motion plus the most realistically.

Edwicket

ASDFGHJKL

@pixelman
One thing though, is that I really like GST party mode. But I wish it would ALSO have minigames ala VT09. I guess Im leaning over to GST.

ASDFGHJKL

Gamer83

If I was only getting one I'd go with Virtua Tennis. But since I'm a big tennis fan I plan to get both. VT for the 360 and Grand Slam obviously for the Wii since it's exclusive.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Rm88

pixelman wrote:

Grand Slam Tennis was made from the ground up for Wii - that should be enough to convince you. It has party games just like VT, and way more legends. It also has a player creator (you can use your created players online), and career mode IIRC.

VT feels like it will just be a quick port with WM+ tacked on. I'll be buying GST

This, VT looks like a quick port, and I'm tired of those. I could be wrong, though, and it may end up being awesome.

ギャグ100回分愛してください

Watchful_Eye

I want to push this thread a bit, since its not even 2 Weeks until release by now and I definetely dont want to wait when these games arrive finally in stores.

My Impressions until now:

Grand Slam Tennis:

• Good Use of Wii Motion Plus (as far is I heard)
  • More Interesting Players (imo)
  • Split-Screen offline Multi Player
  • Seems to be like "a new Wii Sports" to me: Ugly Graphics (imo) without many details, low gamespeed, small courts

Virtua Tennis 09:

• Extensive Single-Player/Career Mode
  • You are able to create your own character (as far as I heard)
  • Good, Realistic Graphics
  • Better Ball Physics (imo - still an arcade game, though)
  • Mini Games
  • Wii Motion Plus capacities wont be used sufficiently (told the German "Wii Magazin", Im not sure about that)

How is your actual opinion? I tend to VT09, but Im not sure because the controls are an important point.

Edited on by Watchful_Eye

Watchful_Eye

Adam

Virtua Tennis doesn't have local multi-player? Since when? Why did you only list it for Grand Slam?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

ItsFuzzyPickles

I'm going to get Virtua Tennis 2009 for the Wii, unless it's a dumb-down port. If the Wii version is dumb-down, I'll get Grand Slam Tennis.

However, Grand Slam Tennis is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 this fall.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Watchful_Eye

Both have local multi-player, but only Grand Slam Tennis has got a local multi-player with Split Screen (afaik).

Watchful_Eye

Adam

Ah, now that I think about it, that might make a big difference for Motion+ swinging. It'd be awkward trying a backhand when your character is facing the opposite direction. Hmm... I wonder how VT will handle that if not with split-screen.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

retired_account

I heard a rumor on the EA forums that GST will have real online tournaments. E.g., if Wimbledon is going live, EA will hold the tournament in GST at the same time. If that's true... that'll be awesome. Aren't they already doing something similar for the Madden games?

There's no way I'll be buying VT09 over GST. I've seen tons of footage for GST, and each vid looks awesome. There's been little footage for VT, and from what I've seen it doesn't look that great. It's definitely geared towards the 360 and PS3.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

After reading the VT09 preview here on Nintendolife, I have to defenitely say... Grand Slam Tennis. Mostly for the great use of WM+. If not, I would then get Tiger Woods 10. Depends how much money Ill have by then

ASDFGHJKL

ItsFuzzyPickles

To be honest, I'm more anticapated for the Wii version of Tiger Wood PGA Tour '10. But I also look for Grand Slam Tennis, because we may finally get our first proper tennis game on the Wii (If Virtua Tennis 2009 doesn't beat it to them, but so far, it has a 88 from a site, but that's not average, so it's probably going to be beaten anyway.).

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.