Forums

Topic: Pearl Harbor: Red Sun Rising Impressions

Posts 261 to 273 of 273

CoffeeWithGames

Bulbasaurus Rex wrote:

I had a interesting experience when playing the American side of the Battle of Midway. I was flying in the bomber and was shot down right after releasing a bomb that then finished off the last ship. The conclusion screen basically said we won the battle, but I died in the line of duty. I believe the next mission was not unlocked, as it gave me the "Retry" option instead of the "Next Mission" option. Anybody else ever have something like this happen?

By the way, what's the best strategy for defending the military installations when flying the fighter in the American Battle of Midway? I can't even get close to beating that part.

By the way, my dad says that air-to-air missiles didn't exist in WWII.

The mission failing/passing thing hasn't happened to me. I will need to go back and play the mission again, to see exactly which part you are talking about. Maybe I'll record some footage from it, since I don't think there has been many(if any) videos showing bombs dropping from the planes.

As for the air-to-air missiles, they were more "rockets" than missiles back then, and they did exist. Rockets were first used in WWI, and then I believe they were improved by the Germans during WWII.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

BulbasaurusRex

CoffeewithGames wrote:

As for the air-to-air missiles, they were more "rockets" than missiles back then, and they did exist. Rockets were first used in WWI, and then I believe they were improved by the Germans during WWII.

Yeah, but they couldn't shoot the rockets at other planes.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

luke17

Any word on when Episode 2 is going to come out? I'm starting to think the "Trilogy" isn't really gonna happen. If it does, I'd like to see an online option where you could battle other players in the air.

luke17

KnucklesSonic8

I, too, would love to hear some news soon. I've been thinking about it on and off over the last couple weeks, actually.

KnucklesSonic8

luke17

I don't think companies should label things as "Episodes" unless they have very clear plans on releasing more than one game. i.e. Furry Legends, Pearl Harbor, Tales of Elastic Boy. Some people may not have bought the first game in the series if they had known the other games would never come out.

luke17

Sneaker13

Come on guys. We are not talking Duke Nukem Forever terms here. The first game was released in the summer of 2010. Since then they have made Ghost Mania in January of this year. So give them time. With all the stuff we asked for, give them the time to investigate what is possible and what not.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

KnucklesSonic8

Technically they published it.

But anyway, I'm not impatient for it or anything. Just saying an update on progress (via screens?) would be nice.

KnucklesSonic8

luke17

To fit my personal definition of an "episode", the games should be released relatively close to one another. (For example, Strong Bad or Tales of Monkey Island) If they are a year apart, we aren't talking about episodes anymore, we are talking about sequels. You might as well give the game's their own individual identity, free of the "episode" label. Using the term episode leads one to think that you aren't getting an entire game, you are only getting part of a full game. Duke Nukem Forever is a sequel....not a continuation of an unfinished episodic series.

Edited on by luke17

luke17

Sneaker13

There was more then a year between the two Half-Life 2 episodes. And Valve is a huge developer. Just be patient. I'm sure they are working on it and as soon as any news become available, I bet we will be the first to know.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

luke17

OK I guess we'll see won't we?

luke17

luke17

A few thoughts on the game now that I've completed the campaign mode...
-All of the missions that involved "defending" something rather than attacking seemed almost impossible. Luckily for these missions it gives the player the option of attacking v.s. defending so I was able to advance the storyline. I'd probably still be stuck on defending my carrier if it wasn't for the other option. Anyone else have trouble with this? There just seemed to be way too many planes attacking to defend my carrier. I took down probably 10 planes and my ship was still destroyed.
-I'd like to see more missions from the U.S. perspective, even though I thought it was pretty cool that they included missions from the Japanese perspective as well. It just didn't seemed to be balanced enough.
-Dogfight mode online against other players would be AWESOME...one can only wish!
-There's nothing else on WiiWare anything like this game, so it is pretty unique for sure. That earns it points in my book.

luke17

BulbasaurusRex

I have also failed to beat at least a couple of the defending missions, but I don't think I've failed to beat any of them. The American side of Pearl Harbor was a special case, as you had to defend the fuel tanks but were supposed to fail the other objectives.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.