1: 3DS - 264,483 (+114%)
2: PS3 - 146,813 (+21%)
3: X360 - 79,854 (+1%)
4: PSP - 50,038 (-1%)
5: PSV - 33,095 (+18%)
6: Wii - 26,070 (-7%)
7: WiiU - 23,103 (-4%)
8: DS - 12,863 (-9%)

So previous week was 27k. E3 was 11th Jun, so 4 days after E3 should have boosted sales a bit... am I correct?

source vgchartz.com
Global Weekly, 22nd June 2013 (update from 02.07.2013)

3DS 200,593 (-24%)
PS3 133,230 (-9%)
X360 85,877 (+8%)
PSP 50,873 (+2%)
PSV 33,428 (+1%)
Wii 23,782 (-9%)
WiiU 22,135 (-4%)
DS 11,098 (-14%)

Edited on by sinanziric

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

Nintendo Network ID: ziratul

tsm7

Is Animal Crossing responsible for the 3DS surge? I didn't think that would be a system seller.

tsm7

Nintendo Network ID: Little_Tiny_Tom

AlexSays

At first I thought this was monthly and I was like good lord lol

But yeah being the second to worst platform is not good. Nintendo desperately needs to advertise better.

If their software doesn't give them a boost during the holidays, they'll really need that price cut.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

TysonOfTime

It definitely needs Advertisement. But since there aren't many games, what is there to advertise?

Once we reach the holidays and there's more than a just a trickle of games coming out the Nintendo Dam, we'll see how they play PR. If they fail to recognize the importance of this holiday season, they're gonna be stuck in a serious rut.

But hey, the 3DS turnaround showed that it's possible, so I'm not gonna naysay until they prove me wrong.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AlexSays

The Wii also had very little games to start off and that sold just fine

One of the problems is Nintendo isn't doing a good enough job separating the Wii U from the Wii. Websites have reported the Wii U as being a Wii peripheral, Jimmy Fallon thought it was an accessory to the Wii when he was interviewing Reggie.

Part of this is the naming, I think they thought they could ride the Wii name to success and it backfired. They need to show people this is completely separate and there are reasons to buy this too, or its not going to happen. You don't wait until the other consoles have launched, and THEN start advertising because you have games. The average person buying the console isn't going to know vast amounts about the Wii U's library, just tell them whatever it takes to sell the console.

Edit: Anecdotally here, I have seen 15-20 Playstation commercials, and absolutely no Wii U commercials since E3. The Wii U should have a hail of a lot more to talk about than the PS4 right now.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

sinanziric

They should remove Wii from the market completely.

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

TysonOfTime

sinanziric wrote:

They should remove Wii from the market completely.

But they're still making money off of it. The Wii U's immediate success isn't necessary. If Nintendo reaches a truly dire point, you'll see the alarms go off.
The best part about all this; since the Wii U won't ever reach the levels of the Wii's success, Nintendo's going to have to go into their actual innovation mode they were in during the GameCube era. And that was the best.

If the Wii U's lackluster sales grant us a new Kirby Air Ride, it will be the best thing to ever happen in the history of anything. EVER.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

KingDunsparce

TysonOfTime wrote:

Nintendo's going to have to go into their actual innovation mode they were in during the GameCube era. And that was the best.

If the Wii U's lackluster sales grant us a new Kirby Air Ride, it will be the best thing to ever happen in the history of anything. EVER.

I loved the Gamecube era so I hope so

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

kkslider5552000

AlexSays wrote:

Not really? Not entirely at least. Launch titles were decent, even if the system was carried by Wii Sports, and Nintendo took every in development GCN title at the time and put it on Wii in 2007 instead.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

AlexSays

kkslider5552000 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Not really? Not entirely at least. Launch titles were decent, even if the system was carried by Wii Sports, and Nintendo took every in development GCN title at the time and put it on Wii in 2007 instead.

I'm talking about the first six or so months within launch. Thought they only had Zelda and Wii Sports for the first several months. Think WarioWare and ExciteTruck were around then too, but that doesn't seem too far of a leap from what we have know (New Super Mario Bros, Nintendo Land). Plus Monster Hunter and that Lego GTA game.

The main difference seems to be Nintendo land didn't take off like Wii Sports did and that's what helped push the console. They aren't getting the same results from Nintendo Land so there's not much to push the hardware without the help of advertising.

AlexSays

Warruz

AlexSays wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

I'm talking about the first six or so months within launch. Thought they only had Zelda and Wii Sports for the first several months. Think WarioWare and ExciteTruck were around then too, but that doesn't seem too far of a leap from what we have know (New Super Mario Bros, Nintendo Land). Plus Monster Hunter and that Lego GTA game.

The main difference seems to be Nintendo land didn't take off like Wii Sports did and that's what helped push the console. They aren't getting the same results from Nintendo Land so there's not much to push the hardware without the help of advertising.

Wii sports + Zelda = you where set for a bit. I think the main problem with nintendo land is while they are fun games, they arnt to fun to play on your own. While Wii sports where good in all departments. There is also the issue of nintendo land being for the deluxe only rather then both which was another issue unlike the original Wii which everyone got wii sports. And the final nail in this coffin being no big nintendo game at launch. N64 had super mario 64 and Wii had Zelda but much like gamecube there was no big nintendo title as launch (sure there was luigies mansion but that a bit off the beaten trail for nintendo ).

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

sinanziric

BUMP (updated sales 02.07.2013) 1st post

PloXyZeRO

tsm7 wrote:

Is Animal Crossing responsible for the 3DS surge? I didn't think that would be a system seller.

Three of my friends bought 3DS's just for New Leaf, so I guess so
I still haven't played an Animal Crossing game but maybe I should try it out sometime

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

rallydefault

Holy 3DS sales, Batman! Nearly a quarter million units this far into its life span? Not too shabby.

And wait... this does say "weekly." So that is only one week? If so ... then yea. Wow. That's incredible.

rallydefault

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.