Wii U Forum

Topic: What if Nintendo started a Steam-like digital platform on PC?

Showing 61 to 75 of 75

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

61. Posted:

Gregor wrote:

@SCAR392
You seem to forget that computers can do things other than game. Our laptop isn't a gaming dedicated computer and yet it can run all my games from steam just fine, which leads me to my next comment that I didn't buy a laptop just to play Portal 2. There are plenty of other great exclusives on steam such as Tiny & Big and TF2.

That what I was telling you. I still have a PC and understand what it can do, but I don't see the point when most games I play are on home consoles anyway.

By the time I have enough money to buy a $10,000 maximum PC game area, I might as well buy a nice used car or make my own game without begging on Kickstarter.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

62. Posted:

@Gregor TF2 needs a very simple PC to play(like mine, a Pentium Dual-core with an onboard Intel Family chipset GPU)

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

63. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@Gregor TF2 needs a very simple PC to play(like mine, a Pentium Dual-core with an onboard Intel Family chipset GPU)

Well if you've played it shouldn't you be supporting me here?!

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

64. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Gregor wrote:

@SCAR392
You seem to forget that computers can do things other than game. Our laptop isn't a gaming dedicated computer and yet it can run all my games from steam just fine, which leads me to my next comment that I didn't buy a laptop just to play Portal 2. There are plenty of other great exclusives on steam such as Tiny & Big and TF2.

That what I was telling you. I still have a PC and understand what it can do, but I don't see the point when most games I play are on home consoles anyway.

By the time I have enough money to buy a $10,000 maximum PC game area, I might as well buy a nice used car or make my own game without begging on Kickstarter.

Just like you don't see the point in buying a good PC I don't see the point in buying a Playstation. Sony relies on 3rd party support, which usually all funnels down to steam.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

65. Posted:

My PC is an:
AMD Athlon II 645
Quad-core
6GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 4200
DVD

EDIT: Windows 7 Premium

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

66. Posted:

@Gregor PC gaming is cool I just don't think I'll waste more money with it than with standard console gaming because I only need to change consoles once a gen and no need to format and all the other standard manutention procedures to keep it working fine. but classic games up to N64 can be played by most cheap PCs out there easily. but never a PC will substitute a gaming system in my opinion(except for shooting games that are better on PC and Wii)

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

67. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

My PC is an:
AMD Athlon II 645
Quad-core
6GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 4200
DVD

EDIT: Windows 7 Premium

Pretty much the same. I don't know, maybe yours just has problems.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

68. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@Gregor PC gaming is cool I just don't think I'll waste more money with it than with standard console gaming because I only need to change consoles once a gen and no need to format and all the other standard manutention procedures to keep it working fine. but classic games up to N64 can be played by most cheap PCs out there easily. but never a PC will substitute a gaming system in my opinion(except for shooting games that are better on PC and Wii)

PIRATE! ELIMINATE! ! EXTERMINATE! KILL!

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

69. Posted:

@Gregor not really, I'm saying that Nintendo could easily make VC for PC and it would not be a problem... it would even reduce piracy. I'm a Computer Engineering Student if I didn't know simple details like hardware "power" I'd be a shame.....


plus I don't need emulators since I have my good old trustworthy second N64 and 4 controllers!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

70. Posted:

Gregor wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

My PC is an:
AMD Athlon II 645
Quad-core
6GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 4200
DVD

EDIT: Windows 7 Premium

Pretty much the same. I don't know, maybe yours just has problems.

It couldn't run Spore very well. I think it rates 5.6 in performance(EDIT: It's rating is 3.8. I was way off...). There's definitely a virus or 2, but I just don't bother.
Here's videos of what it can do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ad9qczPYM0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcE7f7JRk8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gpBJK69H4Q

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

71. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@Gregor not really, I'm saying that Nintendo could easily make VC for PC and it would not be a problem... it would even reduce piracy. I'm a Computer Engineering Student if I didn't know simple details like hardware "power" I'd be a shame.....


plus I don't need emulators since I have my good old trustworthy second N64 and 4 controllers!

Oh... Ok... puts knife away
I thought you were one of those scumbag pirates there for a minute.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

72. Posted:

Metaknight_3Raw wrote:

Nah, if anything should change I would prefer the handheld/console combining idea.

THANK YOU

I'll been railing on that for months...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

73. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Metaknight_3Raw wrote:

Nah, if anything should change I would prefer the handheld/console combining idea.

THANK YOU

I'll been railing on that for months...

yeah it's a neat idea! the problem is that risks would increase by depending on a single standalone system... it would only really work if Nintendo found a way to make the transition from 2 systems to one super cool Handheld/Home Console hybrid very smooth and subtle... they'd need a whole new marketing team at least for launch.... because Nintendo is really doing bad at Marketing.....

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

74. Posted:

I agree that Nintendo needs to have more interactivity between Wii U's and 3DS's....so much lost potential

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

75. Posted:

It wouldn't even be neccesary if Nintendo would actually put some effort into the VC.

brooks83