Wii U Forum

Topic: What if Nintendo started a Steam-like digital platform on PC?

Showing 41 to 60 of 75

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BadKitty

41. Posted:

Reads

SCAR392 wrote:

I just had a dream that $60 games were eventually $10 on the eShop. Xbox Live has some pretty good deals, BTW.

PC would be a horrible venture for Nintendo. Their games would be piled with a bunch of torrent files and be sold for $1 which isn't as much money as they make now.
People would still buy Xbox and PS, while Nintendo went to PC for no apparent reason. It would destroy their fanbase and potential customers(because people look at Nintendo as Wii, DS, etc. hardware).

The definition of Nintendo on PC would be setting themselves on fire, hating the pain, asking for help, then getting shot in the face, somehow still being alive to scream in pain, and living an eternity of torture with various elements.

Untitled
Wut?

Edited on by BadKitty

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You're probly the best person I've battled on Nlife so far u_u

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter: Emeralds110

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

42. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

The definition of Nintendo on PC would be setting themselves on fire, hating the pain, asking for help, then getting shot in the face, somehow still being alive to scream in pain, and living an eternity of torture with various elements.

Your on the fence then about the whole nintendo games on PC thing I guess.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

43. Posted:

Reala wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

The definition of Nintendo on PC would be setting themselves on fire, hating the pain, asking for help, then getting shot in the face, somehow still being alive to scream in pain, and living an eternity of torture with various elements.

Your on the fence then about the whole nintendo games on PC thing I guess.

How does a short story of pain, agony, and torture in regards to the subject imply that I would consider PC a relevant platform for Nintendo at all?

Things would be alot worse for the company.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

44. Posted:

Well if they started selling NSMB U on PC then there's less reason to get a wii u, but a PC VC I don't think would hurt nintendo at all especially if they create tied accounts so you could play your existing VC games on PC.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

45. Posted:

Reala wrote:

Well if they started selling NSMB U on PC then there's less reason to get a wii u, but a PC VC I don't think would hurt nintendo at all especially if they create tied accounts so you could play your existing VC games on PC.

PC VC would be a cool idea, really!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

46. Posted:

@Reala
It also depends on variances of each PC build. If Nintendo went PC, and required their games to be ran at a certain spec, you'd be cutting alot of what makes the games what they are.

I've seen PC gaming machines that cost well over 3 times what the Wii U does. You'd basically have to buy a $500 PC to get standard quality, and anything under that wouldn't be worth it besides the regular use of a PC, which is MS Word files, Google Chrome, etc. basic apps.
I've seen Spore on a cheap PC. PC can't even run a $30 game for less than $500.

When Nintendo games are in mind from a buyers point of view in the first place, it makes more sense to have hardware that will run that game without trying to figure out what you need to make the game run, which is PC.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

47. Posted:

BadKitty wrote:

Reads

SCAR392 wrote:

I just had a dream that $60 games were eventually $10 on the eShop. Xbox Live has some pretty good deals, BTW.

PC would be a horrible venture for Nintendo. Their games would be piled with a bunch of torrent files and be sold for $1 which isn't as much money as they make now.
People would still buy Xbox and PS, while Nintendo went to PC for no apparent reason. It would destroy their fanbase and potential customers(because people look at Nintendo as Wii, DS, etc. hardware).

The definition of Nintendo on PC would be setting themselves on fire, hating the pain, asking for help, then getting shot in the face, somehow still being alive to scream in pain, and living an eternity of torture with various elements.

Untitled
Wut?

I agree with Bad Kitty. For once she is anti-trolling. First you say that 60 dollar games on the eShop would eventually go down to 10$. This only extremely rarely happens on steam. Then you go off topic for a split second by telling us that Xbox Live has good deals (which is a lie). Then you go on to tell us all about how Nintendo on PC is like shooting your foot through your knee blah blah blah and how their games would get piled in with torrent files (does this happen on steam? NO. And if Nintendo would go PC would they try to emulate Valve's example? Most likely.) and get sold for pennies on the dollar (Steam must look a LOT like the Apple iOS store to you huh?). You then say that people will buy Xbox and Playstation while Ninty went on computers for no reason (ever hear about extending your product to as many people as possible?) and that it would destroy their fanbase. How exactly would it destroy their fanbase and potential customers by making their games available on the PC? Last time I checked, Valve makes a killing by selling their games on PC? In fact it would just extend Ninty's market to more people. Then you go on about blah blah eloquent chaos blah blah blah. My guess is that you are either very young (probably too young to use the internet) or extremely daft... Good day sir, may your flame tinted sunglasses never break so that you may see the world in the cruelest and blasphemous light.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

48. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Reala When Nintendo games are in mind from a buyers point of view in the first place, it makes more sense to have hardware that will run that game without trying to figure out what you need to make the game run, which is PC.

Millions of people around the world seem perfectly adjusted to dealing with games on PC including nintendo fans I'm quite sure.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

49. Posted:

@Gregor
Notice how it says "I had a dream". Also, Xbox Live has very good deals now and then. That's not a lie.

If you can't handle my post, then perhaps you should be considerate about how much stupid bullpoopiedoodle people have posted in the past year and make an announcement on MSN.com consulting everyone about it.

Edited on by WaLzgi

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

50. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Gregor
Notice how it says "I had a dream". Also, Xbox Live has very good deals now and then. That's not a lie.

If you can't handle my post, then perhaps you should be considerate about how much stupid bulls*** people have posted in the past year and make an announcement on MSN.com consulting everyone about it.

MSN.com lol whats that?

And I can defiantly handle your post... with gloves.... and a cage...... and maybe a bat.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

51. Posted:

Reala wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Reala When Nintendo games are in mind from a buyers point of view in the first place, it makes more sense to have hardware that will run that game without trying to figure out what you need to make the game run, which is PC.

Millions of people around the world seem perfectly adjusted to dealing with games on PC including nintendo fans I'm quite sure.

I haven't played PC for 14 years.

Just look at it this way: Microsoft created the Wondows OS and is pretty much the entity of PC. There's an Xbox One which is made by Microsoft, which makes PCs.

Do you see how Microsoft's main market consisting of PC has directly affected how they handle Xbox?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

52. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Reala wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Reala When Nintendo games are in mind from a buyers point of view in the first place, it makes more sense to have hardware that will run that game without trying to figure out what you need to make the game run, which is PC.

Millions of people around the world seem perfectly adjusted to dealing with games on PC including nintendo fans I'm quite sure.

I haven't played PC for 14 years.

Just look at it this way: Microsoft created the Wondows OS and is pretty much the entity of PC. There's an Xbox One which is made by Microsoft, which makes PCs.

Do you see how Microsoft's main market consisting of PC has directly affected how they handle Xbox?

Soo... you haven't played on a computer for 14 years..

Edited on by WaLzgi

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

53. Posted:

Gregor wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Reala wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Reala When Nintendo games are in mind from a buyers point of view in the first place, it makes more sense to have hardware that will run that game without trying to figure out what you need to make the game run, which is PC.

Millions of people around the world seem perfectly adjusted to dealing with games on PC including nintendo fans I'm quite sure.

I haven't played PC for 14 years.

Just look at it this way: Microsoft created the Wondows OS and is pretty much the entity of PC. There's an Xbox One which is made by Microsoft, which makes PCs.

Do you see how Microsoft's main market consisting of PC has directly affected how they handle Xbox?

Soo... you haven't played on a computer for 14 years.. .

I still know what I'm talking about. Just because I don't play games on PC, doesn't mean I don't have a PC.

Edited on by WaLzgi

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Metaknight_3Raw

54. Posted:

Nah, if anything should change I would prefer the handheld/console combining idea.

Edited on by Metaknight_3Raw

Metaknight_3Raw

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

55. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

You're just assuming. Just because I don't use Steam or use my PC for games, doesn't mean I can't read about it on the internet.

By your logic, I would have no clue what outerspace is, because I've never been there.

It's called aqcuired knowledge.

Yeah, you are kinda out of the line. Take it from the people that actually play games on the computer now that its cool. Astrophysicists can observe space, but astronauts can experience space, therefore their information and opinions are more reliable.

Edited on by WaLzgi

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

56. Posted:

hey everyone, I know quoting quotes is cool and all but.... could you start using "@Person'sUserName" to continue the discussion? the page's getting a little too much poluted...


now to the subject I think intendo could make some NES and GB VC games for PC they don't require much of the Hardware and aren't excclusive to any platform anymore. it could even reduce(not eliminate) the use of emulators!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

57. Posted:

@Gregor
I don't see the need to buy a PC if I can play the games I want on home consoles.
My family bought a desktop AMD PC for $400, and it couldn't even run Spore with all the graphics, and that game isn't that demanding.
Even if they overcharged us by $100, $300 worth of PC should have been able to run Spore correctly, and that wasn't the case.

I'm not gonna pay $1000 just to "understand" how cool Steam is. PCs are not generally built for gaming unless you make it so.

EDIT: I don't play PC games besides the ones that are on home consoles anyway.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

58. Posted:

@SCAR392

LOL We only spent 600 dollars on an AMD Laptop that runs Portal 2 Lag free.

Edited on by WaLzgi

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

59. Posted:

Gregor wrote:

@SCAR32

LOL We only spent 600 dollars on an AMD Laptop that runs Portal 2 Lag free. You don't belong here. Go terrorize another thread.

You can't be serious. I'm here saying that I only console game for "so and so" reasons. If you love PC so much, maybe you should go to the other gaming section.

$600 is a ripoff to play Portal 2(or any other game you have), which is exactly my point.

EDIT: That graphics card will only last you so long, and it costs about as much as a home console, all for a few more FPS or resolution that I need a 4K monitor that costs over $6000 to take advantage of.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

60. Posted:

@SCAR392
You seem to forget that computers can do things other than game. Our laptop isn't a gaming dedicated computer and yet it can run all my games from steam just fine, which leads me to my next comment that I didn't buy a laptop just to play Portal 2. There are plenty of other great exclusives on steam such as Tiny & Big and TF2.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising