Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,701 to 2,720 of 15,210

Jordan_SW

Depends how you grow up. Thanks to my Dad, I was playing Link to the Past at 5 years old and Ocarina at about 8. Yet some of my friends I've known all my life still don't know what Zelda is.

But I suppose in this day in age Zelda isn't the "cool thing" for kids like it used to be. Which, yes, is sad.

Jordan_SW

Twitter:

Haru17

Haiassai wrote:

I know this is a tangent and may not belong here, but it made me greatly sad when none of my 3rd graders knew the Legend of Zelda

To be fair, Zelda hasn't been relevant their entire lifetimes so... yeah.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

jump

Haru17 wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

I know this is a tangent and may not belong here, but it made me greatly sad when none of my 3rd graders knew the Legend of Zelda

I think Twillight Princess just squeezes into their lifetime and is also the best selling Zelda game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

arronishere wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

I think Twillight Princess just squeezes into their lifetime and is also the best selling Zelda game.

That's what I mean, Twilight Princess, Nov. 2006, was the last time Zelda was terribly relevant. Nov. 2014 being 8 years from then, Zelda hasn't been hugely relevant during those children's lives. And it wouldn't have been relevant to them even if it did come out when they were a few months old.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

Sure it has. I know it doesn't count as legitimate entertainment to you, but there have been half a dozen well-received and commercially successful Zelda games in the last 8 years.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

arronishere wrote:

I'm pretty sure TP wasn't bought and played soley within the first few months it came out.

Fair enough, but games are only ever 'relevant,' talked about, or in the zeitgeist for about a month around release. The only reason Journey has been going around is that it just got rereleased on PS4; that's how the gaming space works.

Also, Zelda is not a 'kids' game or a 'mature' game, but an all audiences sort of game (granted it has stupid American ethics where stabbing things is more acceptable than doing the sex to them, but w/e.)

CaviarMeths wrote:

Sure it has. I know it doesn't count as legitimate entertainment to you, but there have been half a dozen well-received and commercially successful Zelda games in the last 8 years.

Don't even front. The last notable Zelda games have been Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and A Link Between Reused Level Designs. Of those the former won tons of GOTYs, the second some, and the latter won a lone GOTY because someone was a really big Zelda fan. Not to mention that all of the Skyward Sword reviews mentioned staleness and the game being out of touch. The reception just hasn't been there because the game wasn't quite there. Zelda hasn't been a big deal for a while now and I do not comprehend how you haven't noticed that.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

Zelda hasn't been a big deal for a while now and I do not comprehend how you haven't noticed that.

It's weird how "big deal" seems to coincide with what you like.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

rallydefault

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Zelda hasn't been a big deal for a while now and I do not comprehend how you haven't noticed that.

'Tis the way of the internets. But don't question that one. Look at his wit: "A Link Between Reused Level Designs."

Beyond reproach.

Anyway... you guys do realize you're arguing over a bunch of kids not knowing Zelda, right? ...

Maybe it's time to step away from this one. Times are changing, etc. etc. etc.
Ok we're done here lol

rallydefault

martinskrtel37

i can't see the point about the gerudos at all, why would that look silly in a game released today? were they redesigned for OOT 3D? why would they have to be?

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

martinskrtel37

i was referring to this quoted post. didn't realise there was an extra page.

Haru17 wrote:

..I just find them a bit weird. Do you all really think that this:

Untitled

...would make it to 2016 in an HD game and not look rather silly?

i can't see anything bad about this.... bellybutton showing?

They just always read a bit weird to me, what with their being vaguely antagonistic to Link because... why?

well they're a shady gang of thieves lead by ganondorf, and link trespasses on their property, they're not gonna invite him in for biscuits!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

What I like is often popular and it is usually popular because it is good.

Haru17

Guys, tell me you see the problem with an entire tribe of thieves... that lives in the middle of the desert...?

Hendesu

It seems Zelda U is forgotten nowdays. Should have revealed more information to keep the hype live. Now, the hype is gone as ever.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

Guys, tell me you see the problem with an entire tribe of thieves... that lives in the middle of the desert...?

Not particularly, no. My intelligence is sufficiently developed such that I don't equate Gerudo with Arabs. Being a mammal with higher brain function is truly a wondrous thing.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Not particularly, no. My intelligence is sufficiently developed such that I don't equate Gerudo with Arabs. Being a mammal with higher brain function is truly a wondrous thing.

Maybe not Arabs, but at least tell me you see a "Belly dancer" stereotype in there. The Gerudos would be at home in an "I Dream of Jeannie" video game on N64.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

So Zelda is offensive to both belly dancers and people who live in a desert...BAN THIS HATE CRIME!!!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Grumblevolcano

@NightmareEater: The hype will return, just in the form of unveiling alongside NX.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@NightmareEater: The hype will return, just in the form of unveiling alongside NX.

Nah but the hype will return as Nintendo are gonna cause a huge amount of controversy by unveiling the HD Gerudo, there will be people protesting out side of their HQ, it'll be featured on the news, it'll be trending all of which leading to Zelda U selling 20m copies.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic